Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 10-14-2006, 11:01 PM   #21
paw-n-maul-u
Banned

Member Number: 2942
Default Re: Steelers Interested in Moss and Porter

Quote:
Originally Posted by noto45 View Post
get Jerry Porter NOW!!!! our recivers are weak at best.....dump wilson and trade him back to Cali. A change for JP will make him a beast in black and gold!!! For once I hope the Steelers do something out of the ordinary and take a chance on a proven player.....
a proven player? ... he's never even had a 1000 yard season ... still, I think we need some more experience at the WR position ... I wouldn't be opposed to renting him for the rest of the year ... as long as whatever price we pay doesn't limit what we can give troy and ben in the next two years (I'm not really familiar with the new CBA rules or whatever so I dont think it would) ... but in reality our WR play isnt exactly what's killing us ... its a small part of the problem on the offense. Hartings was absolutely man-handled last Sunday and we have no other answer at RB to take some pressure off of ben when willie can't get the tough yards (which seems to be a continuing trend against any halfway decent run defense) ... we aren't getting out playmakers on offense involved which I feel is due to very bad play calling (when was the last time Heath Miller touched the ball??? ... 9 catches in 4 games is pathetic) ... then there's ben ... theres not much really I can say except that he has found a knack for making big mistakes at very inoppurtune times ... the steelers will turn it around this week, I mean if they can't vs. the Chiefs with a back up QB, and injured LJ, and their backs against the wall, then I think I might even turn my cards in for the season
paw-n-maul-u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 11:04 PM   #22
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,041 Times in 3,058 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Interested in Moss and Porter

porter was suspended 4 games for conduct detrimental to the team. the raiders arent gaining nothing by keeping him. i think he either goes to the lions for mike williams or he or moss are picked up by the patriots.

the steelers could pick him up but i wouldnt expect him to contribute much this year.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote