Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-15-2006, 09:40 PM   #11
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Troy's Composure

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain09 View Post
How does Troy do this?
He gets tackled by the hair while LJ is draggin him down and pullin as hard as he can. The replay shows how much pain he was in. What does he do when he gets up? He does not go and punch LJ a couple times in the face (my choice). He does not even get up and complain to the refs. He let someone else do tht (i thought it was Deshea Townsend but realized it couldnt be). He gets up runs right by LJ onto the field almost kills a ref accidently and goes to his sideline. When he sat down he was smilin and had already forgotten.

Then on the first play of the Chiefs next drive LJ is slowin down after droppin a pass and is a perfect target for Troy as he comes flien in. Instead of layin LJ out (again my choice) he pulls up and jogs by him.

How does Troy have this much control when he is in a football game wit testosterone lvls so high?
Troy is a very spiritual and humble man, along with possessing a lot of class. I'm a fairly even-keeled gal, but I can almost guarantee LJ would have been singing soprano if he held onto my hair like that in a similar situation.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:03 PM   #12
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,504 Times in 3,739 Posts

Surprised LJ did that to Troy the week after LJ got his neck twisted around on a brutal face mask penalty/tackle by the Cardinals.

Maybe LJ drafted LJ in his fantasy league (rememeber the LJ 2000 yards hype? - he got about 26 yds today) and is frustrated by his low production.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:24 PM   #13
Da Question
Water Boy

Member Number: 2894

team leader attitude.
BTW whats the rule on that, i heard it was like a facemask/helmet grab and i also hear no foul for hair tackling.
The ruling on the field was for taunting since he kept pullin on the hair.... hmmm... curious what it exactly is
Da Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:35 PM   #14
SteelShooter
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2156

There is no penalty for tackling by the hair...it is considered a "part of the uniform when extending past the helmet."
What drew the Unsportsmanlike conduct was picking him up by his hair after the tackle. Honestly, right at first I thought his fingers were caught in it. But upon review/replay, it was clear that he had his mitts fisted up with a handful.
What a pr***!
IMHO, there should be a fine from the League, not too large, but something to make an impression on him.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." -Ambrose Redmoon.
SteelShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:55 PM   #15
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejoy71 View Post
I did not see in there where he said he was a Christian.
Sorry... Your right. that story didnt. Here is a story that actually talks about his faith.

"He is a Christian with no specific denominational attachment." about three quarters through the story.

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...602010399/1365
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:02 PM   #16
Tankus_Maximus
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 519

That was a real classy act on Troys part....I would've kicked Larry in his Johnson if that were me.

Twice!

"I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me." -Rorschach
Tankus_Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:11 AM   #17
WWIIOwheelz
Team Captain

Member Number: 1323

I think less of LJ now, after pulling Troy back up by the hair. Totally classless, and he deserved to be decked for it. See, this is where my football & hockey-mindsets collide head-on.

*tic*

Peezy off the sidelines in plainclothes!!1 With a folding chair!! w0ot!

:)
WWIIOwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote