Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-29-2006, 07:12 PM   #11
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: This One is ON BEN

EXACTLY! IT'S NOT ALL BEN'S FAULT! It's like coach cowher said last week, when one position is struggling, someone else has to pick up the pace.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 07:13 PM   #12
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldbaby View Post
STOP BLAMING BEN!!!! its not all his fault the whole team is inconsistent!! and if you cant run the ball your gonna have your QB throwing interceptions . plus he just got over a concusion for crying out loud!!!cut him some slack! the whole team is not playing steeler football. im just saying that pleasde dont take it all out on ben.im not being mean i just am tired of hearing the nay sayin about ben.
Once again, not putting the complete blame on Ben. But his decision making has been horrible. If you can't see that than I don't know what to tell you.

lol, nevermind. Ben looks great.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:14 PM   #13
polamalufan43
Team President

Location: Where the streets are paved in black and gold stones
Member Number: 3344

Excactly... we aren't trying to put the blame on Ben... but we aren't saying he had a perfect game... He is gonna get it in angry fan mail all this week, and that's enough.

~Polamalufan43
Old 10-29-2006, 07:17 PM   #14
Btrice
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3145

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Once again, not putting the complete blame on Ben. But his decision making has been horrible. If you can't see that than I don't know what to tell you.

lol, nevermind. Ben looks great.
Wow, I can't believe it but I totally agree with your post, even the sarcastic last sentence LOL

No Ben did not lose this game by himself, no way. But he did help the loss along there is no doubt about that.

I also called out the disappearing QB draw at the goal line in another thread. Where did that go?
Old 10-29-2006, 07:29 PM   #15
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

The majority of the blame for losing does fall on Ben........wiothout the 2 interceptions at the goal line that they scored on makes the score 13-6. That is still pretty ugly considering who we played. Kudos to the defense for holding them back to 2 field goals, however the great Steeler defense never showed up. The O line must've stayed in Pittsburgh because Ben was completely unprotected and who the hell was blocking the Raider defense so Ben could actually throw to someone before he got sacked. Between having no protection and nobody to throw to, the boy spent more time on the ground than he did upright. That's an O line problem thats plagued us all season. Ben's head up his butt is an entirely different problem, but I do agree.......you can't bench your franchise quarterback.

Ben's interceptions cost us the game..........the whole team is is responsible for a horribly played game that should have been a complete blow out.

On a high note......the Bengals lost and we got to watch the game at a Steelers bar with some great Steeler fans in Cincinnati. I wouldn't give up that last part for anything.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 07:44 PM   #16
polamalufan43
Team President

Location: Where the streets are paved in black and gold stones
Member Number: 3344

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
On a high note......the Bengals lost and we got to watch the game at a Steelers bar with some great Steeler fans in Cincinnati. I wouldn't give up that last part for anything.

Niether would I, lol.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:56 PM   #17
BAC
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1379

Quote:
Originally Posted by polamalufan43 View Post
Excactly... we aren't trying to put the blame on Ben... but we aren't saying he had a perfect game... He is gonna get it in angry fan mail all this week, and that's enough.
Thats pretty much what I think, but then who the %&*@ am I? Ben IS NOT the only one to blame. "WE" did not play like we can. I may be wrong, but I didn't hear #43 until after the half. Near the end of the game, ben showed that it IS inside him. That might be the most important part. Ben has the potential to be a HOF-er.
I think that anyway. Here comes the BUT. ....... BUT, the game isn't won by the QB alone. Thats why the game is played by a team, and thats what we need. I think the season thus far sucks. BUT, we still have the potential, we still have the drive, and we still have the ABILITY. Now, it's just a matter of getting everyone on the same page. I know this is STILL a championship team. Yes, we have lost a few players that we could use right now. But, isn't that the "history" of the team? We have always lost "star" players, and came back. I for one would LOVE to repeat, but let's face it, it won't happen with the team we had TODAY. Did we have Greg Lloyd, Terry Bradshaw, Franco Harris, etc. etc. or any other of our favorites when we won the X-tra large game? NO. We did it, & we WILL do it agian. TEAMWORK, that what it takes, and it will happen again. I'll never lose hope.

Long live the Steelers, I testify.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:03 PM   #18
BAC
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1379

Quote:
Originally Posted by polamalufan43 View Post
Thats pretty much what I think, but then who the %&*@ am I? Ben IS NOT the only one to blame. "WE" did not play like we can. I may be wrong, but I didn't hear #43 until after the half. Near the end of the game, ben showed that it IS inside him. That might be the most important part. Ben has the potential to be a HOF-er.
I think that anyway. Here comes the BUT. ....... BUT, the game isn't won by the QB alone. Thats why the game is played by a team, and thats what we need. I think the season thus far sucks. BUT, we still have the potential, we still have the drive, and we still have the ABILITY. Now, it's just a matter of getting everyone on the same page. I know this is STILL a championship team. Yes, we have lost a few players that we could use right now. But, isn't that the "history" of the team? We have always lost "star" players, and came back. I for one would LOVE to repeat, but let's face it, it won't happen with the team we had TODAY. Did we have Greg Lloyd, Terry Bradshaw, Franco Harris, etc. etc. or any other of our favorites when we won the X-tra large game? NO. We did it, & we WILL do it agian. TEAMWORK, that what it takes, and it will happen again. I'll never lose hope.

Long live the Steelers, I testify.