Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2006, 11:24 AM   #11
Need4spd
Bench Warmer
 
Need4spd's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 161
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1707
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A few things Im sick of hearing/seeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
you're either in it when they lose or you shouldn't be in it when they win it all!
Your post, imho, read like you're one of those people that want to be in it only when the win!
It sounds like you're suggesting that if someone is objective about their team that in some way that makes them less of a fan, am I correct? If not, please feel free to correct me. If so, that's absolutely ridiculous. I would assume that since you're a "fan" you've been watching the Steelers play this season, if that's the case then you should know that just because you're a "fan" doesn't make the Steelers better than anybody, let alone the other 31 teams in the league. In the real world we call this being realistic, and it doesn't make anyone who is realistic any less of a fan. Remember, the word is objectivity, look it up friend.
__________________
"The nature of a man who has a competitive spirit will be to inevitably live a life which involves that man overcoming obstacles. But the sport of football is too physically and emotionally difficult to play simply for money or success. Personally, I have been inspired by God."

- Troy Polamalu, Media Day at Super Bowl XL
Need4spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:37 AM   #12
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersMongol's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ulaanbaatar, MONGOLIA
Posts: 4,083
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2401
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A few things Im sick of hearing/seeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason15215 View Post
"Steeler Football" Is not about the run.... Did you hear that Franco, Rocky, and Jerome retired??? The next to last drive of the game. Ben passes his way all the way down to the 3 yard line, and instead of passing it in the endzoze they had to run 2 times for negative 2 or 3 yards, because thats "Steeler Football" "Steeler football" was about the run when Bettis was here... Bettis isnt here anymore...
Those penalties were justified. Last week Poor Nate gets fined because he gets probably one of the few td's he'll ever get in his career and he wants to celebrate it BY HIMSELF, but Ward (who has had many td's in his career) has to jump in and make fun of the Falcons dirty bird again.
How are the Steelers better that Baltimore this year?
How are they better than the Bengals this year?
How in the world can u say Ben is a top QB this year?
Im a realist. Teams play just as hard against the Steelers as they do against Cleveland.
Favre is at the end of his career thats why he is not playing as well. If you thing P Manning sucks this year then u r the troll.
Im just sick of all of the apologists giving these millionaires a free ride.
BTW the NFL does look at a teams record to decide which team is better, so your "regardless of their record comment" doesnt make any sense. Keep making excuses for them and they will continue to be 6-10.
With or without Bus we'll still be playing football. And this is from true Bus's fan! We will run, we'll pass. We'll do whatever seemed good at the moment.

When Nate gets TD, Ward can't get excited? Or did you think Ward joined in on purpose so Nate will get the penalty?

Steelers still are the better team than any other 31 teams, if not as good as they are. Otherwise we wouldn't call ourselves Steelers fans. At the moment, yeah the Baltimore and Cincy put out some good numbers, but everyone gets their ups and downs. Ben is not playing well right now, but overall his rating is still not in the garbage. When Napoleon lost at Waterloo, did we take away his One-of-the-greatest-generals-in-history title?

You're not a believer, you're still not saying what are you. So don't go jumping on my team and fans, please. There is a saying that goes "A friend's true quality will show when you're going through tough times." And when you say Favre or Payton is so much better than Ben, I'm sure there is a room for you at the Colts and Packers webs.
__________________
SteelersMongol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:43 AM   #13
Cry Me a River
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 34
Member Number: 3521
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: A few things Im sick of hearing/seeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
I'm sorry when was the last time you've posted anything relevant, let alone intelligent on this board?
Today, 07:48 AM
Cry Me a River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:46 AM   #14
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Potataho
Posts: 14,528
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 1,905
Thanked 5,762 Times in 2,139 Posts
Default Re: A few things Im sick of hearing/seeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btrice View Post
Since you are a new guy here I will let you in on a little secret. Those of us who are realists are "bandwagon", "not true fans", and "trolls" around here. You'll find there are a few of us though so no reason to leave. Just stay away from the koolaid and rose colored glasses that get passed around.

I?ve been a steeler fan since the ripe old age of 8, I am now 39. If you want to call me a bandwagoner that?s fine. But I know when reality hits. This team doesn?t have the same fire that it did last year, something?s missing be it leadership or whatever. They don?t have it this year. Some people need a reality check around here. If they do go on to make the playoffs I will be there, if they don?t I will still be there and always will. I bleed black N gold just like the rest of you. So???
HERE WE GO STEELERS!

__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:55 AM   #15
DACEB
Banned
 
DACEB's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,480
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2911
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A few things Im sick of hearing/seeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btrice View Post
Since you are a new guy here I will let you in on a little secret. Those of us who are realists are "bandwagon", "not true fans", and "trolls" around here. You'll find there are a few of us though so no reason to leave. Just stay away from the koolaid and rose colored glasses that get passed around.
Thanks, I was starting to think I was a terribly bad fan!

The team OWES it to the fans to play to the level they are capable of. The coaches owe it to the fans to make sure they are ready to play at that level. Neither of which has been the case so far this season!
DACEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:05 PM   #16
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter
 
stlrtruck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,783
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: A few things Im sick of hearing/seeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4spd View Post
It sounds like you're suggesting that if someone is objective about their team that in some way that makes them less of a fan, am I correct? If not, please feel free to correct me. If so, that's absolutely ridiculous. I would assume that since you're a "fan" you've been watching the Steelers play this season, if that's the case then you should know that just because you're a "fan" doesn't make the Steelers better than anybody, let alone the other 31 teams in the league. In the real world we call this being realistic, and it doesn't make anyone who is realistic any less of a fan. Remember, the word is objectivity, look it up friend.
I have no problem with objectivity (no need to look it up friend)! I have no problem with being a realist either. However, I come from the point of view that regardless of record, the Steelers are and always will be the best team in the NFL!! And in no way am I implying that other fans who feel differently are less of a fan.
__________________

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:08 PM   #17
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan City, IN
Posts: 3,253
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2290
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A few things Im sick of hearing/seeing

All I'm going to say I think its ok to be critical of your team. But alot of this crap has gone way to far. We can piss and moan all we want. But that doesn't change the Steelers 2-5 record. If the Steelers miss the playoffs. I say so what. Come on guys us Steelers fans have had it better then most other NFL fans in Bill Cowher's time with the Steelers.

Most of my friends are diehard Bears fans and all were to young to remember the 1985 season. So I think they would have been happy to have had the success the Steelers have had in the time Bill Cowher has been our coach.

I will close by saying I'm not happy at all about the Steelers 2-5 start and do agree that Bill Cowher's heart might not be 100 percent in it this year. I do think he is burnt out. Which is understandable when you consider the pressure that comes from coaching in NFL team for 14 years. But the Steelers are still my team and I could care less if they finish 2-14. I'll continue to be a fan and enjoy the rest of the season win or lose. So stop the bitching (which I have been guilty at times this year also) it really doesn't change a thing. When you think about it.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:25 PM   #18
Need4spd
Bench Warmer
 
Need4spd's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 161
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1707
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A few things Im sick of hearing/seeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
I have no problem with objectivity (no need to look it up friend)! I have no problem with being a realist either. However, I come from the point of view that regardless of record, the Steelers are and always will be the best team in the NFL!! And in no way am I implying that other fans who feel differently are less of a fan.
Ok, what I said about looking it up was unnecessary, forgive me for that. I'm just tired of seeing the personal attacks being made against people on this board who are merely being objective. Not that you've done this, at least not to my knowledge, but already I've read a countless number of threads where people are being called "fair-weather" fans, or "bandwagoners," or my personal favorite, "trolls," just because they a difference of opinion from those people who continue to make excuses for this team. The Steelers are as good as what their record indicates. In 2 of their 7 games this season they played pretty well and won those games rather convincingly, the other 5 games however they deserved to lose.
__________________
"The nature of a man who has a competitive spirit will be to inevitably live a life which involves that man overcoming obstacles. But the sport of football is too physically and emotionally difficult to play simply for money or success. Personally, I have been inspired by God."

- Troy Polamalu, Media Day at Super Bowl XL
Need4spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:31 PM   #19
augustashark
Assistant Coach
 
augustashark's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,432
Member Number: 900
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A few things Im sick of hearing/seeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason15215 View Post
Our running game consists of a highly paid running back in street clothes every Sunday. A guy that couldnt win a starting job in college, and a player no other team wanted. It's time to change the run first pass later mentallity.

Do u demand greatness from your kids? Or do you just let them fail and make excuses for them like well the teacher is to hard on him/her?
Does your boss let you screw up all of the time because you say every week "Its all my fault I need to do better"?? Does your boss demand results even though u make under 100K a year (I assume we all make less than that for the most part). What if you were paid 3 million a year... Would u be expected by your boss and coworkers to not screw up? Season ticket holders pay good money to see the team play well, and not play undisciplined.



You have less then 10 posts but props to you my friend, this is completely the way I feel! If I made the mistakes that these guys are making I would be fired and looking for another job.

Also when Ben said that the Ref fell down in the endzone on the 4th down play????? WTF is that! DON'T GIVE ME EXCUSES GIVE ME RESULTS!

Anyway good post.
__________________
LOS MOLINO.
augustashark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:36 PM   #20
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter
 
stlrtruck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,783
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: A few things Im sick of hearing/seeing

I knew you were kidding, at least I was hoping you were kidding, and I tried to do the same in my reply but I think translation was lost in both messages.
I'll never personally attack someone for being objective or a realist. Everyone is entitled for their opinion and to post it.
Me, I'm more of an optimistic person, and it takes a little longer for the realist in me to take over. If the next few weeks go like the early part of this season, then I'll be a realist soon.
As for the first 7 games, I honestly believe that we've only deserved to lose 2 of the 5 games we've lost and that we've gift wrapped 3 of them! But either way, they are a L at the end of the game and regardless of how they lose them, it's still a L!
And I'll just always believe that my team is the best team in the NFL!
__________________

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts