Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-30-2006, 12:54 PM   #21
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86
Default Re: What Is The Core To Rebuild/Reload This Team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
I think you have to include Willie on that list, too.

Sure he didnt have a great game against one of the leagues worst run defenses, but he has been one of the very few consistent parts of this team this year.

The O-Line has been over-rated for quite some time, its getting old all at once - I would imagine the Steelers would be able to utilise some lower round draft picks to improve this area.

WR is a weak link, I know I have kept on about this all year but Ben needs a little more help than he is getting at this time.

Miller is obviously a keeper at TE, but I wonder why the Steelers aren't utilising him properly this year - he appeared ready to make a real step up.

The D looks ok for the most part, nothing major that can't be addressed through the draft - as you say you may lose some 'marquee' names at LBer but if the Steelers are good at one thing its finding LBer talent.

To be honest, its still a mystery to me why this team is struggling so much - especially when you outline the amount of proven talent they have on board.

NM

Great post LITP. I don't understand why they aren't using Miller more in the passing game as he is one of our biggest targets for Ben. For WR I would have wanted a big tall WR opposed to Holmes. As for the O-line I can see next year us picking up a few O-linemen in the draft.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:55 PM   #22
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,245 Times in 3,621 Posts
Default Re: What Is The Core To Rebuild/Reload This Team?

If you read my posts this past summer I believe you would know I did not minimze Holmes off season conduct.

Holmes appears to have cleaned up his act - if not, Odell Thurman and Chris Henry can tell him what the consequences will be.

NM
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote