Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 11-03-2006, 02:55 PM   #1
steel58
Water Boy

Member Number: 2732
Default 2007 Draft

Let's say the Steelers end the season in the same horrendous way they have played thus far. Under those circumstances, who or what position should we take with a top 5 draft pick?
steel58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 03:08 PM   #2
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: 2007 Draft

I reckon 95% of those surveyed will pick a 'power running back'.

Although I may have just influenced the results by predicting that.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 03:23 PM   #3
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,964 Times in 3,515 Posts

OLB (assuming the new coach stays with the 3-4) although that is tough to predict since you usually are converting a college DE. Plan B is an OL tackle.

A new HC will not be committed to a return to the Foster/Bam/Bettis power game and will not spend a 1st round pick on a quality big RB. Pats and Colts seem to be doing just fine without one.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 03:27 PM   #4
steelcurtain09
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2880

CB
need i say ne more
in the second round ol
3rd power back
Old 11-03-2006, 04:31 PM   #5
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047

I say we go after the top DB in the draft
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 05:06 PM   #6
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

If we happen to draft in the Top 5, anybody but Joe Thomas out of Wisconsin would disspoint me. The guy is a true franchise offensive lineman who will go to 12 straight Pro Bowls and anchor the line for a decade.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 05:09 PM   #7
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
If we happen to draft in the Top 5, anybody but Joe Thomas out of Wisconsin would disspoint me. The guy is a true franchise offensive lineman who will go to 12 straight Pro Bowls and anchor the line for a decade.
I agree with you bigtime about Joe Thomas. That kid is a stud. I live in Big 10 country so I get to see alot of Joe Thomas the past few years. With the way Max Starks has been so inconsistent throughout his career. I would say Joe Thomas would be a very smart pick.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 05:13 PM   #8
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

Lineman like Thomas come along once every 5-6 years. The kid is so athletic it's amazing. He moves like a defensive back even though he's a big boy.

Of course we'd all be too busy complaining about our terrible season to notice the chance to secure the best offensive lineman to come out of college since Chris Samuel came out of Alabama.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 05:21 PM   #9
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Lineman like Thomas come along once every 5-6 years. The kid is so athletic it's amazing. He moves like a defensive back even though he's a big boy.

Of course we'd all be too busy complaining about our terrible season to notice the chance to secure the best offensive lineman to come out of college since Chris Samuel came out of Alabama.
Well thats the only good thing about having a terrible season is that at the end of year you do get a a top pick in the draft. I'm all for the drafting of Joe Thomas if indeed the Steelers do end up getting a top five pick. I would like for the Steelers to draft a Richard Seymour type DE. But its so hard to find one of those.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 05:24 PM   #10
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,964 Times in 3,515 Posts

Quote:

And we all all know Chris Samuel has been a lock at All-Pro since he was drafted

That is not to criticize your suggestion - Thomas may be great but the closest pick to a sure pick in the last 10 years at OL was Boselli (or Gallery from Iowa - not!) and Boselli's shoulder problems effectively rendered him useles after a half dozen years in the league.

My point is that the draft is a crap shoot (e.g. - Ryan Leaf was generally regarded as teh consensus smart pick over Peyton)
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote