Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-04-2006, 08:49 AM   #11
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545
Default Re: Colts vs Patriots - Your Thoughts

Manning is 2-7 vs. The Patsy's. Patsy's at home. Indy has no run defense. No reason why the Patsy's should lose this one.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:27 AM   #12
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Thanks to those who have shared their input - im glad plenty more people outside 'Patriots Nation' see it the same way I do.

The only thing I can see going wrong is having another 'Denver playoffs' day at the turnover office.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 12:17 PM   #13
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

This is an easy pick

New England Over Indy.

Enough Said.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 12:27 PM   #14
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,361 Times in 4,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Thanks to those who have shared their input - im glad plenty more people outside 'Patriots Nation' see it the same way I do.

The only thing I can see going wrong is having another 'Denver playoffs' day at the turnover office.

NM
i guess this is a thread where if you dont believe with the thread starter or dont have any positive reinforcement to offer one shouldnt even bother...

but what the hell, thats never stopped me before.

if payton racks up tons of yardage the patriots will lose. with that yardage will come alot of points. we could see the pats play man down and 2 under. they probably wanna jam the colts wr's off the line like they would against the rams. i woulnt be suprised to see the defense dusted off where the safeties are playing in the cb's positions and the cb's playing safety. the pats want to show defenses that almost beg the colts to run the ball. this could very well be the week that. j. addai:
1) assumes the starters roll
2) gets 20+ carries
3) has a breakout game of 120 yds and a td or 2

you never know what the pats o will do wich definitely gives them an edge. they could unconventionally come out just like they did last week throwing the ball all over to build up a quick lead. i think they would prefer the colts playing from behind right off the bat to try and force manning into doing to much.

i dont think 'chick even knows how the 1st drive will go. i bet if colts open up with a quick td, the patriots will go to the run. if pats open with the ball i think they will try to score quick, knowing they can resort to pounding the ball later.

colts need to be creative with freeney and send the house early to set the tone. i expect some extra effor from them to man up and slow down the run. although their run defense is worst in the league it really hasnt cost them any games this season. they are undefeated.

my prediction- in an ironic twist of fate a. vinatieri loses the game in which the pats are clearly outplayed with a missed fg. 28-27.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 12:52 PM   #15
skidboot
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3704

Pats run the ball to keep the Indy Offense off the field. Maroney, Dillon etc could possibly ring up well over 200 on the ground vs the Colts. IF they run the ball its going to set up play action and watch for Ben Watson to have a big day.

The Pats know how to beat the Colts......punish them all the time.

I think the DL of the Pats is going to cause havoc all day long.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:12 PM   #16
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidboot View Post
Pats run the ball to keep the Indy Offense off the field. Maroney, Dillon etc could possibly ring up well over 200 on the ground vs the Colts. IF they run the ball its going to set up play action and watch for Ben Watson to have a big day.

The Pats know how to beat the Colts......punish them all the time.

I think the DL of the Pats is going to cause havoc all day long.
Yep.

Ben Watson has certainly stepped it up this year with 28 catches and a 13.1 ypc average.

Bear in mind, that he only caught 29 passes in 2005 and that was with Brady going pass-wacky!

I would imagine that so many times over the last few years the Colts have convinced themselves that they have too many weapons for the Patriots to stop them and been proven wrong.

Thats kinda how I feel about tomorrows game, in reverse.

I hope the result doesnt follow the pattern.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:31 PM   #17
skidboot
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3704

Brady is more familiar with Watson and Graham. They've been part of the Pats system for a couple of years. Graham is the better blocker.

The only WR that has any kind of familiarity with Brady is Troy Brown. All the others are new. Brady IS starting to get comfortable with the new guys. I'm thinking Jackson and Gabriel will see more passes coming their way as the season continues.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:47 PM   #18
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidboot View Post
Brady is more familiar with Watson and Graham. They've been part of the Pats system for a couple of years. Graham is the better blocker.

The only WR that has any kind of familiarity with Brady is Troy Brown. All the others are new. Brady IS starting to get comfortable with the new guys. I'm thinking Jackson and Gabriel will see more passes coming their way as the season continues.
Gabriel has been a real revelation - could turn out to be one of the trades of the season when you think he only cost a 5th rounder.

He has good hands, very capable of adding YAC and seems to have a very good attitude aswell.

Chad Jackson has shown flashes of talent - like his TD catch/run on monday night - but he is still a little behind the curve due to nagging hamstring injuries.

Another guy who has really stepped up is Reche Caldwell - who couldnt even hold down the 3rd WR position in San Diego - the common denominator is Brady of course.

NM
Old 11-04-2006, 03:09 PM   #19
LarryNJ
Starter

Member Number: 2857

One thing for sure is the Sunday night game will get better ratings than the Monday Night game! Everyone will be watching, the Pats love that atmosphere and thrive on it.
LarryNJ is offline   Reply With Quote