Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-26-2005, 10:11 PM   #11
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: Preseason game #3

Here's my thought on preseason game number 3!!!

WE completely stunk up the joint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Morey couldnt catch a pass if you put velcro on ball.. Ben was way to jittery and not calm in the pocket, ARE was dropping passes left and right.. our starting defense was getting exhaused from all the 3 and outs they had to try and save....

Kranchick looked decent, as did Heath Miller, Parker had 1 good run, but thats all he got pretty much since he's our only healthy RB right now.

There was little good to take from this game other than a few good spots here and there of individual plays...

Thank GOD this is preseason!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:17 PM   #12
thumb 2 come
Draft Prospect
Supporter

Member Number: 584
Unhappy Re: Thoughts on Preseason game #3

my feelings thank god it's just pre-season. Lets hope that was our ,one suck so bad the prostitutes union is asking for compensation game.

Just to many screw ups to thimk of... Oww mt head.

Bill better beat the hell out of them this week!
thumb 2 come is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:18 PM   #13
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292
Default Re: Thoughts on Preseason game #3

Blitz...I have to agree with you here! I really feel like Ben just needs more time to get his timing down. Remember Hines was out for the start of camp and I am hoping that has something to do with Ben's performance. Right now, he's just not hitting targets and looks a little flustard.
Our D was exhausted...and they are not used to being on the field that much.
I am keeping my fingers crossed Bettis isn't out long. Parker did look good on his one run...but he needs to stay healthy.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:31 PM   #14
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292
Default Re: Preseason game #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersWyo
I have to disagree with you Bigbensgirl7. Typically the 3rd preseason game where the starters play half or better. It is ususally the last tune up for the starters, then they start to hold them back to avoid injuries and fatigue. If they look bad, it will be a long season.
yes...it is the most important game...and we did suck no doubt...but I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet...this won't be the first time the Steelers have had a bad preseason. I will say I am worried about how we have been playing, and we really won't get a good feel if they are going to bounce back until regular season now. They won't play much at all the next game, but I have to stay positive and hope they can work out the kinks. It could very well be a long season, or we could bounce back from this and have a great season. Only time will tell!
Old 08-27-2005, 03:27 AM   #15
SteelersWyo
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 66

I like your optimism Bigbensgirl7. I so hope you are right.
SteelersWyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 10:57 AM   #16
Da Boot
Water Boy

Member Number: 513

I dont know whats up with Ben. You can tell he is making an effort to stay in the pocket and plant his feet, and even when he does he still isnt even close on his passes. The whole offense is just a mess right now.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:13 AM   #17
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I have to admit, I AM WORRIED. It really doesn`t seem like a timing problem. I could see over or under throwing somebody on the run, and blaming it on timing. But when players are standing still and you can`t hit them?/ Then there is a problem. I agree to that his feet are never underneath him when he throws. His mechanics suck right now. That worries me. Ben looks terrible. That scares the hell out of me.

Our defense couldn`t stop any of thier backs last night. The we couldn`t stop thier crappy passing attack. 150 yards passing in the first half, and 1 td. Would equal 300 yards and 2 td for the game. This all from a qb that doesn`t even know if he will be the starter. There offense made our offense look back. Not to mention our defense. I am worried.

I know its preseason. But our offense has don`t squat. If it weren`t for defensive and special teams tds. We would be embarrassed.