Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-06-2006, 11:43 AM   #11
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,368 Times in 4,305 Posts
Default Re: Can We Talk About the Draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dook View Post
Yeah, Samardzija is getting something like $7.75m but it's all backloaded, just as an NFL contract would be, and he wants to play football.

Just think, what if we would have gotten WR Matt Jones instead of TE Heath Miller. I love having Miller but the TE is just not used for much more than a blocker in our scheme. Jones would have produced more for our offense and we could have used our #1 pick last year on a LB who might just be starting now and ready to replace Joey next year.

In free agency I think we should attempt to get OL Leonard Davis from the Cardinals, Gandy and Steinbach are also possibilities. LB Adalius Thomas is a possibility but I think he's going to get big bucks from some team. Some want another veteran RB, Ladell Betts or someone else but I think Willie P. is our starter and Najeh is a decent #2.
underachievers like davis tend to do well once they get out of az (rice, vanden bosch, t. jones) i still like m. jones. i wonder if the steelers wouldve tried to force him into being a blocker? i think him and heath on the same field would be great. but i hope the steelers just work more to get miller involved. like maybe drafting a true blocking te.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:44 AM   #12
coachspeak33
Banned

Member Number: 2231

as far as adding a OLB... i would love to see the following play out:

Porter finishes out his contract in 07...then he walks to play OLB for a shitty NFC team that goes 6-10....think of it Joey in Arizona or Green Bay.....weird

Keep harrison as the utility LB.... prepare him to take over at ILB when Farrior hangs it up

Send kriewaldt packing....cowher might cry....hell he might lose control of all emotions when the day comes for Clint K to leave......"Oh my goodness I might have to make a personnell decision this off season. Honey, I cant make it to NC this month.... They are making me find a back up LB/special teamer."

Draft an OLB (woodley, maybe draft the DE from Georgia and convert him to a speed rush OLB.

I wouldnt mind that at all
coachspeak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 01:16 PM   #13
Dook
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 906

Yeah, all this is just speculation far away from next April.

I wouldn't mind seeing Okobi and Kemo get some play time once we are eliminated, maybe even Colon.

As far as drafting an OL, it just depends. If Joe Thomas somehow falls to us at #15 then you take him.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:33 PM   #14
LambertLunatic
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2563

Untill we're mathamatacly (sp?) eliminated, I'm still looking at the #32 pick. I know it's not likely, or even realistic, but I still gotta believe!
LambertLunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 01:58 PM   #15
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

I don't see why WR is such a huge "void".

Hines is our #1 and a damn good reciever

Wilson is okay,but I think we'd benefit more from Holmes being our #2 reciever

Washington is good,he's the second tallest reciever on the team

Here is what I think we need the most:

OL (C because Hartings won't be here after next year,if he plays next year)

LB (OLB cuz Joey will be gone when his contract is up and MLB cuz Farrior ain't getting any younger and his career will be coming to a close)

RB (Willie is all speed,if he can't get to the outside he does nothing.We need a back who can run through tackles and has break-away speed once he gets into some open space)

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:01 PM   #16
ajs8207
Starter

Member Number: 2795

why not one of the 3 great offensive tackles in the draft? they are rarely busts and are very hard to find. plug him in at RT and put kemomatu(sp?) at rg and i think our offensive line is set.
ajs8207 is offline   Reply With Quote