Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 12-07-2006, 04:05 PM   #11
SwedishSteeler
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 4022
Default Re: bill vs bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachspeak33 View Post
food for thought:
- parcells made two decisions this season that cowher has never and would never have the tomatoes to make:
-he sat his QB and cut his highest paid K in the NFL .... midseason.... while in a playoff chase.... without waiting for the "idiot K" to miss 5 in one game..... without waiting for Bledsoe to go out there and give away a game (maybe versus Jax, just for arguments sake)..... parcells wouldnt watch his PR go out and cleanly field a grand total of 2 punts all preseason only to run his ass out there the first four games of the season....

Nope cause maybe he tries to plan ahead.... ya know...... prepare as much as possible for the unexpected..... things like that

I am not a bill-hater... .more like a disappointed-in-Bill-er

I feel embarassed for singing his praises all offseason (and his entire tenure for that matter) only to watch him mail it in professionally from the moment he walked of the podium in Detroit

Its always been a hole in bill's game as a coach.... it just happened to rear its ugly head a lot during the 7 to 8 months that followed a SB win

Ask yourself, and be honest, could you ever see Bill C make a tough decsion like that, in the middle of the season, when we are still in the hunt?????

I personally doubt it

Uhm...and this is a bad thing how?

Seriously, bill cowher lead us to a SUPERBOWL WIN less than a year ago, stop ****ing dissing him...
SwedishSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 04:40 PM   #12
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishSteeler View Post
Uhm...and this is a bad thing how?

Seriously, bill cowher lead us to a SUPERBOWL WIN less than a year ago, stop ****ing dissing him...

More than likely "new to the fold". Yet so much logic and rationale. Simplicity is very often the best,.... "Bottom line"

"Hail Caesar,.....HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 04:49 PM   #13
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
More than likely "new to the fold". Yet so much logic and rationale. Simplicity is very often the best,.... "Bottom line"

"Hail Caesar,.....HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"
Funny, good post!
Old 12-07-2006, 06:19 PM   #14
Dook
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 906

Where is all of your rationale behind hating Bill Cowher?

He's going to the Hall of Fame. He has a great, not good, GREAT winning percentage in today's era of free agency. The Steelers have missed the playoffs FOUR times out of his 15 years.

You must have some great logic and rationale behind your hatred.

I'm waiting...
Old 12-07-2006, 06:33 PM   #15
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,183 Times in 1,939 Posts

Everybody's who's coach hating now will have a new coach to hate on next year.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 07:57 AM   #16
coachspeak33
Banned

Member Number: 2231

check previous posts..... i have openly stated that I am not hating Bill.... I love Bill, but that doesnt mean that we are not allowed to question decisions.... especially when Bill's team is underachieving.

As a matter of fact I didnt hang a Tb doll...I never once (in 14 yrs) wanted Bill to be fired.... Still dont... unless he continues to mail it in.

This whole season has been very anti-cowher:
-play calling....way too much passing
-personel...he mishandled PR spot, many criticized how he handed Ben's injuries, he didnt find a back to replace the under achieving Staley until week 3 even though staley looked like an old fat RB who should hang em up, etc

It simply is rediculous for SHEEP LIKE YOU to use his SB win as reason to never offer unbiased analysis on Bill's decision making.

Your a sheep.... you give the steeler nation a bad name..... steeler fans take pride in being knowledgable and respectful of the game.... Bill even says it himself to national media outlets...."Hey nobody in the organization is after my job. I just dont know if I want to do this for the rest of my life. Sometimes i want to be a regular guy."

My "bottom line" thought is this.... Bill, I love ya.... You are going into the hall.... first ballot.... and your perseverence alone makes you hall-worthy.... dont embarass what you stand for and your legacy in the great tradition of the black and gold... by avoiding the hard decisions that me must make.... its a business... you cant run your pro team llike a high school team where you always error on the side of "the seniors".... and that is esxactly how he handled a lot of his decisions since SB XL..... But all that being said if you wanna retire.... then do it .... and the city will throw you a parade.... and I will drive two hours to celebrate the greatness that WAS bill cowher.

By the way in case you missed all of that .... BAAAAAAAAAAAAA, BAAAAAAAAAA, BAAAAAAAAAAA, Yoi, BAAAAAAAA, okel-dokel, BAAAAAAAAAAA, pish posh, BAAAAAAAAAA, i love a good old fashioned brownie beating, BAAAAAAAAAAAA
coachspeak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 02:42 PM   #17
Dook
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 906

You didn't hang a TB doll? Sure you did, just as you are hanging a BC doll now and you didn't even have the respect to wait until the season is over.

You've learned nothing from the Steelers organization. They are about class.

You show no loyalty to anyone. Since you have no respect for anyone who's ever done anything for you then you deserve none in return. A clear example of white trailer trash. Everyone else is to blame for your problems, BC, Colclough... Go out and get a real a job and quit living off my taxes.

Everyone is dissapointed in this season but I'm not going to turn on the head coach because that's not what the Steelers organization is about. That's exactly what other teams are about, flip flopping head coach's every few years and owners making player decisions. Not my Steelers.

-Too much passing? Bill Cowher doesn't call the offensive plays and Roethlisberger has stated that he wanted to open up the passing game.
-Mishandled the PR spot? We drafted two people to take over that position. How is that mishandling it? Colclough? The guy missplayed one ball!
-He didn't find an RB to replace Staley? Well we drafted a big back that showed no heart in camp, then we picked up one released from the Patriots who didn't work out. Then we picked up Najeh. Do you really think that not having a #4 RB available has caused us to lose football games?

You're not really showing very much informed knowledge.

The real bottom line is this, nobody in the Steelers organization or the entire NFL really cares what you think and Bill Cowher still has a slew of division titles, AFCC victories, and a super bowl ring and you don't.

Hows the weather there today, is it raining as usual in Seattle?