Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 08-31-2005, 05:34 PM   #51
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default Re: Staley needs to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowedf
I'm not that worried about the Staley situation. Either way the Steelers are in a position to do what they want.

Scenerio #1: He has a great season, stays reasonably healthy and we keep him
Scenerio #2: He doesnt stay healthy or under performs and we cut him.
This is probably about how the FO views the situation, too. If Duce gets injured AGAIN this year, he's gone. The Eagles are really good about keeping on top of future FA's that they don't want to pay, and it was just bad luck that they got hit with the injury bug with the backs they kept after they dumped Duce. The Steelers are just as good at it.

Bettis is retiring this year no matter what. Duce is productive and healthy at the end of '05? He stays but restructures...nobody else will want him.

We'll draft an RB next year regardless...but if we have a bad finish, we'll trade our pick down. The Steelers will not overpay for "Top 10" talent because it's usually not worth it.

I actually hope the NFL and the players Union agree to start capping rookie contracts like they do in the NBA after this season.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 03:32 PM   #52
rowedf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 367

What I would love is the NFL, NBA, and MLB come up with a join CBA. I love how baseball players cannot become free agents for several years...I love the arbitration process they have setup, if the NFL could work that into the CBA it would be great, but no way will the NFLPA go for that :)
Old 09-04-2005, 06:25 PM   #53
tootalltoscore
Draft Prospect
Supporter

Member Number: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySTEEL
Yes alot of ppl think this, but iam not one of those hes a great RB he hasnt had his breakout year and as u said has been hamperd with injurys but he always comes back form the injurys in top forum. and next year well draft RB in the 1st and hell slowy take the job and duce will be a num 2 like bettis is.iam rly hoping willie parker steps up would be great to see him bust acouple in the start of the year.
I agree with most of the comments above, with one exception, I just cannot see us taking a RB in the 1st Round next year, more likely a LB, if we really lucky, I would like to see a top talent for the O-Line fall to us.
tootalltoscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 11:01 PM   #54
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
The Steelers will not overpay for "Top 10" talent because it's usually not worth it.
Absoutely, especially when you are talking RB..nearly every draft has good talent late in the first day and on day 2 for RB's.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 11:48 PM   #55
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

i think we should take a look at selvin young like in the 3rd or 4th round. he's faster then a mother...... and can run between the tackles with ease. his ankle might be messed up cause he had surgery on it last season but once he knows he can play on it and not have to worry if it's going to mess up again, he's going to have a great season but his draft status won't be to high cause he's going to be sharing the ball a lot with our true freshman jamal charles. so if selvin young is still there in the 3rd or 4th i wouldn't mind us taking him, also he's a great punt returner.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 12:26 AM   #56
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

I still think we should have looked at like a Chris Perry or something this past year, just for some insurance to go along w/ Herron.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 08:59 AM   #57
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Staley has lost alot of fans here. Remember how hyped we all were when we signed him?
Old 09-06-2005, 10:15 AM   #58
rowedf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 367

I think the Staley haters are being a bit too presumptious. Lets see if he can get healthy and stay healthy, when he does, he is a great back.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:40 AM   #59
Black-n-Gold
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 602

I agree, he's just been out for too long and people are starting to give up on him. I was hoping they'd play him alot more in the playoff last year, he's still a great back. If he can stay healthy this season I believe he'll have a great year. On the other hand if he doesn't perform as he should or does get another serious injury we need to let the younger guys step up.