Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-14-2006, 12:57 AM   #1
ricksteelers55
Team Captain

Member Number: 3104
Default Michael Bush in Black and Gold

Even with what happened to him this year(fractured leg) I still think the Steelers should try to land Michael Bush in 2007.He is a Steelers-type of player,solid back and versatile which is a good thing with our trick plays.He'd be the perfect fit with FWP.Could you imagine our opponent's trying to stop the run against us when you have Parker and Bush? I dont see a much important need than a power back behind Willie.Hartings is getting older but we have okobi and phillips.Maybe a cornerback? I think we get a good one in 2nd round or 3rd round.Anthony Smith is going to be a solid starter in very few years and til then,Clark can do the job.I dont see what's the deal with the guy who said we should draft a MLB.Do you think they would have let Kendrell Bell go if they weren't in solid position? We have Arnold Harrison that can play both inside and outside,Foote and Farrior(and even if he's getting older I don't see him retiring til 2-3 years which give us time to draft a MLB in another year)

I think our biggest lack is DE and HB(which is weirdly the deepest positions available in 2007 draft)

We have no rights to pass on Michael Bush...and I say NO RIGHTS

As for DE,we could draft one in 2nd round next year or sign one in free agency market.

I dont want to see the Steelers pass on another Powerback that I love(after Brendon Jacobs,LenDale White now they have to draft my fav one....MICHAEL BUSH)

Rick
Black and Gold til the end of time
ricksteelers55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 05:54 PM   #2
Stillers43
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 2322
Default Re: Michael Bush in Black and Gold

Michael Bush or Adrian Peterson would be great as long as they are healthy!

HERE WE GO STEELERS! HERE WE GO!
Stillers43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 03:23 PM   #3
Need4spd
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1707

Adrian Peterson would be great to have, too bad he's going in the top 5 of the draft. That being said, I really hope we're not picking that high.
"The nature of a man who has a competitive spirit will be to inevitably live a life which involves that man overcoming obstacles. But the sport of football is too physically and emotionally difficult to play simply for money or success. Personally, I have been inspired by God."

- Troy Polamalu, Media Day at Super Bowl XL
Need4spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:40 PM   #4
Dylan
Starter

Member Number: 3276

you know since bush's injury he could drop into the second round if he goes out for the draft. And if we finish with like a top 15 pick we could grab him in the second round. it likely wont happen. but it is a possiblity.

But i would love to see him in the black and gold also!
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:49 AM   #5
Dook
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 906

I am torn between drafting RB Michael Bush and RB Tony Hunt. Hunt is about 20 lbs lighter but seems to be more of a pure RB, ability to cut, speed, run with power. Also Hunt should be available in the 3rd round, we may have to trade up to get him though. And Hunt isn't coming off an injury, Bush is still limping.

We need a LB mostly because we haven't put any new starting talent there for a while. And because Farrior is getting old and Porter was complaining about his contract last year. When he is healthy again I'd love to see James Harrison, not Arnold, come in for Porter if he holds out next year, I don't think we would miss a thing.

DE? Keisel is playing solid and Smith is right there with him. Our run defense is great we are just not pressuring the QB enough. In our system the DL is not going to pressure the QB because each play it's five, six, or seven OL vs our 3 DL. The DL's job is to stop the run, which they are doing. It's our LB's and CB blitzing that creates the pressure. That's why we need a new young fast LB in the draft.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:09 PM   #6
Stillers#1
Banned

Member Number: 1082

I seriously want to slap the next person who says anything about Bush or Peterson. Willie should have shut up all of his doubters this year. Yeah it wowuld be nice to have two high class RB's , bt we need to address issues at the O-line before we do anything else. Wille just needs a solid back-up, which I feel Najeh will be more than capable of doing. Maybe.....MAYBE we draft a back in the 3rd or 4th round. We need role players, not superstars right now. If you want a superstar, get a CB or a tall WR.
Stillers#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:35 AM   #7
Dook
Bench Warmer

Drafting an RB doesn't mean that Willie is not going to continue to be our starter. We just can't continue to give Willie 39 carries a game. Also Willie can't wear down defenses like a big back can. RB Tony Hunt in the 3rd round is a steal.

Also what if Willie gets hurt? Then we'd have to start Najeh for a few games or maybe even the rest of the season. How confidant are you that Najeh can get the job done if we were in a playoff game vs the Ravens?

Drafting the best player available means we might just use our #1 on a running back like Marshawn Lynch if he falls. Someone who would become our a #2 sometime next year rather than drafting an OL who won't even beat out our #2 for a few years.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:10 PM   #8
kyflash15
Water Boy

Member Number: 3187

heres the way that i look at it.. we are the steelers.. what do the steelers do? They run the ball, what happens if willie parker get hurt? We are done if anything happens to willie parker, we lack a lot in rb depth. I have nothing against drafting a running back, but no way should be draft a rb in the 1st round.

we need:

1. Db/Ol
2. Rb
3. Tall Wr
4. Lb
kyflash15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 06:51 PM   #9
Dook
Bench Warmer

Yeah, why draft a player that can step right in and be our #2 RB when we can get another lineman who is going to be #3 on the depth chart for four years.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:06 PM   #10
Justin Otstott
Team Captain

Member Number: 539
My Mood: Relaxed

yea I don't think we need another RB with Willie and big man Devenport! WE NEED SOME SECONDARY!