Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS
Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 12:08 PM   #541
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Kristopher Letang has been named captain of the Canadian junior hockey team: http://<br /> <br /> http://www.nh...e&service=page
Old 12-15-2006, 05:00 PM   #542
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Balsillie pulls out of Penguins purchase
Friday, December 15, 2006

Shelly Anderson, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Canadian billionaire Jim Balsillie has withdrawn his offer to buy the Penguins after reaching a stalement with the NHL over last-minute demands by the league.

Those demands included a promise to keep the team in Pittsburgh under any circumstance and give the NHL the right to take control of the Penguins.

Balsillie, 45, chairman and co-CEO of a company that makes BlackBerry wireless devices, offered $175 million for the Penguins Oct. 4. He has said a new arena is required if the team is to remain in Pittsburgh.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06349/746509-100.stm
Old 12-15-2006, 05:17 PM   #543
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Do we have a ploy on our hands between the NHL, Balsillie and the Penguins organization to get the IOC plan pushed through? Balsillie already stated on a number of occasions that he wants to keep the Penguins in Pittsburgh. IF IOC get's the license I bet he buys.

Just a theory.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:53 PM   #544
Petesburgh66
Team Captain

Member Number: 1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Do we have a ploy on our hands between the NHL, Balsillie and the Penguins organization to get the IOC plan pushed through? Balsillie already stated on a number of occasions that he wants to keep the Penguins in Pittsburgh. IF IOC get's the license I bet he buys.

Just a theory.
Considering I live near the centre of the hockey universe (aka Toronto), the talk in the media here was that Balsillie was looking to move a team into the Kitchener/Waterloo area. He is so full of it that he wanted to keep the team in Pittsburgh. He already spent money via legal advise to find ways to move a NHL team to Canada.

The NHL did the right thing by laying down the conditions to keep the team in Pittsburgh. They do not want some Al Davis type of owner.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:03 PM   #545
skidboot
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3704

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petesburgh66 View Post
Considering I live near the centre of the hockey universe (aka Toronto), the talk in the media here was that Balsillie was looking to move a team into the Kitchener/Waterloo area. He is so full of it that he wanted to keep the team in Pittsburgh. He already spent money via legal advise to find ways to move a NHL team to Canada.

The NHL did the right thing by laying down the conditions to keep the team in Pittsburgh. They do not want some Al Davis type of owner.

Bang on Petesburgh.

I'm basically from the same neck of the woods as you are. You must be from Peterborough....I'm 45 mins away if this is where you are from.

Balsillie wanted to move that team...no doubt in my mind.

Pay 175M and then have the League tell you how to run your team?.....lol.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:37 PM   #546
cbalke
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2602

wow...i hadn't paid any attention to this basically since the news conference when he 'took over'. seemed a stretch for him to guarantee keeping the team in town given his history of wanting a team in canada.

oh well, it'll be interesting to see how this shakes out....
Old 12-15-2006, 07:58 PM   #547
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
lol, my apologies. Nylander and Straka who both have 38 points a piece while playing with Jagr. Eitherway.....

Anyways, SCM you catch that game? Nice win by the Pens. Nice to see Ouellet find the back of the net even though I would still send him down to WBS and bring up Filewich. The Staal goal was beautiful.

Amazing how the doom and gloom can be turned around with a nice road trip and a Flyer beating huh? LET'S GO PENS!!!!
I caught that game. IT WAS EXCELLENT.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
Old 12-15-2006, 10:10 PM   #548
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Balsillie pulls out of Penguins purchase
Friday, December 15, 2006

Shelly Anderson, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Canadian billionaire Jim Balsillie has withdrawn his offer to buy the Penguins after reaching a stalement with the NHL over last-minute demands by the league.

Those demands included a promise to keep the team in Pittsburgh under any circumstance and give the NHL the right to take control of the Penguins.

Balsillie, 45, chairman and co-CEO of a company that makes BlackBerry wireless devices, offered $175 million for the Penguins Oct. 4. He has said a new arena is required if the team is to remain in Pittsburgh.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06349/746509-100.stm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petesburgh66 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidboot View Post
Bang on Petesburgh.

I'm basically from the same neck of the woods as you are. You must be from Peterborough....I'm 45 mins away if this is where you are from.

Balsillie wanted to move that team...no doubt in my mind.

Pay 175M and then have the League tell you how to run your team?.....lol.
Vindicated.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:37 PM   #549
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

I still think it's a ploy between the NHL, Balisllie and the Penguins. It's anybody's guess unless your on the inside. The good news, it seems the NHL has our back.

Was at the game tonight. Pumped up crowd. Nice to see and a great win against an Islander team who normally gives us a fight.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:45 PM   #550
Petesburgh66
Team Captain

Member Number: 1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidboot View Post
Bang on Petesburgh.

Close....Oshawa
Closed Thread