Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-03-2005, 03:33 PM   #41
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Where would the Pats be w/ out Brady?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
Yes the pressure is on us, I'll agree w/ you there... but there's no valid reports of anybody team mate of Ben disliking him at all. He's loved the by city,and the team and coaches believe in him.
I have read this thing about Ben being 'unpopular' in the locker-room on a couple of forums- but for now thats all it is...rumours.

On a different thread a mentioned quickly the phenomona where the Media pre-selects its chosen few - in terms of teams (Colts) and players (Manning(s), Moss, etc) - and if anybody dare upstage them (see Patriots, Brady and Big Ben) then they are subjected to the harshest media scrutiny that just appears to be waiting for them to fail.

Im pretty sick of reading about how Ben is going to fail this year - he had an absolutely outstanding first year - way above what could have been expected of him - now it seems the Media has decided that he is getting a litttle too big for his boots and have decided to take him down a peg or two...by fair means or foul.

Cheers

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 09:21 PM   #42
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Patriots will suck. Brady Will Suck. It's the Bottom Line.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 10:50 PM   #43
Dirtywater
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786
Patriots will suck. Brady Will Suck. It's the Bottom Line.

Post. Of. The. Year.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:52 PM   #44
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
I have read this thing about Ben being 'unpopular' in the locker-room on a couple of forums- but for now thats all it is...rumours.

On a different thread a mentioned quickly the phenomona where the Media pre-selects its chosen few - in terms of teams (Colts) and players (Manning(s), Moss, etc) - and if anybody dare upstage them (see Patriots, Brady and Big Ben) then they are subjected to the harshest media scrutiny that just appears to be waiting for them to fail.

Im pretty sick of reading about how Ben is going to fail this year - he had an absolutely outstanding first year - way above what could have been expected of him - now it seems the Media has decided that he is getting a litttle too big for his boots and have decided to take him down a peg or two...by fair means or foul.

Cheers

NM
Yeah rumors just suck dont they.. I know Im as tired of hearing the ones about Ben as you are the ones about the Pats already destined to have an off year. We just take it w/ a grain of salt and laugh all the way into the postseason.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 09:01 PM   #45
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

I never said Brady was gay...why did all the Pats fans read that into my posts?
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 06:29 AM   #46
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
I never said Brady was gay...why did all the Pats fans read that into my posts?
If you read my post regarding this more closely you will see that I was referring to MY appreciation of Tom Brady's talent and the homoerotic undertones you used to describe them....eg "the crazy man-love you have for the team, especially Brady"

You show me a post where somebody said you called Tom Brady gay and ill show you a post you have mis-understood.

Cheers

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 12:59 AM   #47
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

I still feel Brady is more valuable than Dillon in the scope of things. It is strange that he is now more vocal in interviews and sound bites than ever before. We'll see how this plays out... . As for popularity, I can only imagine it was the imposter Ben that might be under question as Ben is almost next to Mario already in city love. Question, which is the bigger dish? People who fail to pick the Pats to win it all(since they won three of four) or people who feel we are going to lose at least 5-6 more games and be out of the playoffs? My opinion, you guys always say you get no respect, but we could lose 5 more games and be 10 -6[nothing to sneeze at]yet Baltimore is the greatest since slice bread. Not to mention even in bad years we usually split with BAL. Just wondering...