Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-18-2006, 06:07 PM   #11
iloveben7
Team Captain

Member Number: 3165
Default Re: WHO's Gonna be there XMAS Eve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR7SteelersBabe86 View Post
My fiance` and I will be there..I bought him a Porter jersey to wear.
I love your sig!! Ben is so hot!!

My dream is to meet my HERO, Ben Roethlisberger
iloveben7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:10 PM   #12
ThatGuy246
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3089

As hot as Ben may be, I had a quick, Heinz Field-related question that I was hoping someone could address.

My father and I have been somewhat estranged from one another for a few years, though despite his Philadelphia roots, he's converted to a hardcore Steelers fan as a means by which he and I would have a common ground. He's had an historically awful few months lately, and since I'll be back in Pittsburgh for the holidays, I was thinking it'd be a great shared experience to buy a pair of tickets for the Ravens game tucked into a Steelers polo as an early Christmas present.

Herein lies my question: I have an opportunity to purchase two sets of tickets, one a few rows back in the first section off the 50, and the other in the "Club Level" a little bit offset from the 50 (from the seating diagram, it looks like they're right around the 40), both on the home sideline. My father is an older man of the corporate executive mold, who is very sedate despite his love of all things Pittsburgh-related. Does the so-called "Club Level" offer any amenities that might make it more desireable than closer seats? Namely, would there be any nearby TV monitors, or is it be in an enclosed area (he's only 54, but hasn't been of the best health lately, and I'm reluctant to put him in a position to be exposed late-December Pittsburgh weather for a prolonged period if I can avoid it, despite the apparent warm streak in the area).

Personally, I'd opt in a heartbeat for as close to the sideline as I can get, but I'm only 22 and would love to get rowdy with the regulars. But I want to try to maximize his enjoyment, and would happily opt for a more calm environment if the Club Level is actually more of a relaxed atmosphere. Any suggestions or insights that anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated...admittedly, I've never been to a Steelers game at Heinz (I moved out of the area just before it was completed and rarely make it back since). This is really important to me, and I'd love if anyone could offer some suggestions that would make my ultimate decision a bit more clear...

Many thanks in advance, and a happy holidays & safe travels to all... Take care...

-DJ
ThatGuy246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:07 PM   #13
Statik
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1140

My wife and I, brother, his GF, Mom and Dad will be there from VA and Maryland
Statik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:04 PM   #14
iloveben7
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy246 View Post
As hot as Ben may be, I had a quick, Heinz Field-related question that I was hoping someone could address.

My father and I have been somewhat estranged from one another for a few years, though despite his Philadelphia roots, he's converted to a hardcore Steelers fan as a means by which he and I would have a common ground. He's had an historically awful few months lately, and since I'll be back in Pittsburgh for the holidays, I was thinking it'd be a great shared experience to buy a pair of tickets for the Ravens game tucked into a Steelers polo as an early Christmas present.

Herein lies my question: I have an opportunity to purchase two sets of tickets, one a few rows back in the first section off the 50, and the other in the "Club Level" a little bit offset from the 50 (from the seating diagram, it looks like they're right around the 40), both on the home sideline. My father is an older man of the corporate executive mold, who is very sedate despite his love of all things Pittsburgh-related. Does the so-called "Club Level" offer any amenities that might make it more desireable than closer seats? Namely, would there be any nearby TV monitors, or is it be in an enclosed area (he's only 54, but hasn't been of the best health lately, and I'm reluctant to put him in a position to be exposed late-December Pittsburgh weather for a prolonged period if I can avoid it, despite the apparent warm streak in the area).

Personally, I'd opt in a heartbeat for as close to the sideline as I can get, but I'm only 22 and would love to get rowdy with the regulars. But I want to try to maximize his enjoyment, and would happily opt for a more calm environment if the Club Level is actually more of a relaxed atmosphere. Any suggestions or insights that anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated...admittedly, I've never been to a Steelers game at Heinz (I moved out of the area just before it was completed and rarely make it back since). This is really important to me, and I'd love if anyone could offer some suggestions that would make my ultimate decision a bit more clear...

Many thanks in advance, and a happy holidays & safe travels to all... Take care...

-DJ
I would go with the Club Level Seats because it's heated and may be more comfortable, but I'm not sure!!

Old 12-18-2006, 10:15 PM   #15
ThatGuy246
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3089

That's all I needed! Many, many thanks...the Heinz Field site is vague, and I was hoping to hear from someone with some direct knowledge. I appreciate your time...

I lived in Italy and watched games with a local fan club there when we went on our streak last year, and I'm not going to miss a chance to watch first-hand a part of our second miraculous run in a row! I promised them then, even before we started streaking, that we were going all the way...I've since reassured them via e-mail that we've still got it, and can attest to the fact that there are at least thirty people in Bologna waiting to watch our destiny fulfilled ;)

Not to be sentimental, but my sister just got married, and as one of their songs stated, "this is the start of something good..."

-Deej =)
ThatGuy246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:01 PM   #16
iloveben7
Team Captain

You are very welcome!!