Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 12-18-2006, 10:36 AM   #11
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Default Re: Power Back or Defensive Back?

First of all.. these are just my opinions so dont get mad at me please...
I just think that Champ Bailey has Never been the corner Rod Woodson ever was.. he is not the or ever been the corner Deion Sanders was.... He is never been a shut down corner in my opinion. Our secondary is not as bad as we think?... We face a new pro bowl QB every weekend... thats how good we make everyone of them look.. I think there is no doubt that we need DB help and I am thinking more toward this way because I think that it is our o line that needs the help like the secondary.MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:26 PM   #12
Drizztbob
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4294
My Mood: Pensive

DB no doubt...who is that kid from Florida? I need to find his name.
Drizztbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:11 PM   #13
Infamix
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 917

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post

If you were our Organization and you had a choice... Which would you pick.. a Power RB to replace Parker and then use Parker as a change of pace and get more yardage from him after the Power Guy wears them down... OR A young upcoming Shut down corner to help our defense that it has not had since Rod Woodson days....
The Running game would help us a whole lot and it would keep the ball out of the other teams possession thus helping our defense but our Secondary needs help very badly right now and this corner would help imensely...
So, which will it be guys/gals... lets hear your opinions...
I GO RB on my choice... But I am not sure who this would be...
Power RB to REPLACE Willie? I think that's a little too much there, wedosteelers. Parker is a fine back and will continue to perform. We need to focus on our offensive line so that PARKER can make even more plays, and address our good but aging linebackers.
Infamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 02:49 PM   #14
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

Uhm... Neither?

1. Willie is a pro bowl running back and has proved he can carry the load. We do need a power runner but no way do we go to the draft for that. We can get T.J. Duckett (A former #1 pick and great power back) who will be a free agent after this year for little money... The best option with a power back btw... Is for him to spell Willie, not the otherway around.

2. Ike and Bryant Mcfadden in the d backfield sounds pretty darn good to me next year. Ike is a great player having a bad season, just like Ben and many other Steelers, but Im not hearing calls to draft a QB early.

We dont need either of those positions any higher than the third round. What we need is an OLB to replace Joey (I beleive hes leaving and think that he should leave) and were going to need a center in the mid rounds because as good as Jeff Hartings is, he is well into his thirtys now and got handeled in quite a few games this year and last year. Another need were gonna have somewhere down the line is an ILB, James Farrior is past thirty now too and while we have some good backups right now, none of them can be clear cut starters in this league now or in the for-seeable future.

Thats my veiw and I think its the right way to go.

Last edited by ShutDown24; 12-20-2006 at 02:52 PM.
ShutDown24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 04:20 PM   #15
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

We need to get our defense back to the steal curtain
Old 12-20-2006, 05:23 PM   #16
skidboot
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3704

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizztbob View Post
DB no doubt...who is that kid from Florida? I need to find his name.

who Reggie Nelson?

He's a S.

if we have a shot at the guy from Michigan, Leon Hall and pass him up I'll be a wee bit p'd.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:26 PM   #17
skidboot
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3704

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
Uhm... Neither?

1. Willie is a pro bowl running back and has proved he can carry the load. We do need a power runner but no way do we go to the draft for that. We can get T.J. Duckett (A former #1 pick and great power back) who will be a free agent after this year for little money... The best option with a power back btw... Is for him to spell Willie, not the otherway around.

2. Ike and Bryant Mcfadden in the d backfield sounds pretty darn good to me next year. Ike is a great player having a bad season, just like Ben and many other Steelers, but Im not hearing calls to draft a QB early.

We dont need either of those positions any higher than the third round. What we need is an OLB to replace Joey (I beleive hes leaving and think that he should leave) and were going to need a center in the mid rounds because as good as Jeff Hartings is, he is well into his thirtys now and got handeled in quite a few games this year and last year. Another need were gonna have somewhere down the line is an ILB, James Farrior is past thirty now too and while we have some good backups right now, none of them can be clear cut starters in this league now or in the for-seeable future.

Thats my veiw and I think its the right way to go.

the Steelers tend to stay away from LBers in the first rd. they usually select a "tweener" when they go looking for LBers.

Lets hope they don't take on a Huey Richardson!!!.......or Alonzo Jackson.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:30 PM   #18
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

omg... Dont even say that last name here ever again lol
Old 12-21-2006, 09:01 PM   #19
Stillers#1
Banned

Member Number: 1082

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post

If you were our Organization and you had a choice... Which would you pick.. a Power RB to replace Parker and then use Parker as a change of pace and get more yardage from him after the Power Guy wears them down... OR A young upcoming Shut down corner to help our defense that it has not had since Rod Woodson days....
The Running game would help us a whole lot and it would keep the ball out of the other teams possession thus helping our defense but our Secondary needs help very badly right now and this corner would help imensely...
So, which will it be guys/gals... lets hear your opinions...
I GO RB on my choice... But I am not sure who this would be...
Not to be rude or anything, but you want to replace a Pro-Bowl running back?

I know everyone misses Jerome, but lets be serious, he was the change of pace last year, not Willie. We won a SB with Willie as our RB, and now he is a pro-bowler, andf he's what....25? He is only going to get better. I see no reason to even think about adding a RB to the roster in this off-season, unless we get a chance at TJ Duckett.

IMO we need to look at a nickel back in the 3rd-4th round, I think we need to take a look at some O-line or LB considerations in the first few rounds, those guys aren't gettin any younger. To see we need to replace Willie, I dunno, it's just a bit pre-mature, and plain ole dumb if you ask me.
Stillers#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 11:13 AM   #20
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
omg... Dont even say that last name here ever again lol
how about Jamain Stephens!!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote