Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Tailgate Party

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-18-2006, 02:29 PM   #1
Steelergal82
Water Boy

Member Number: 4288
Smile Steeler vrz Ratbirds

I will be going to the Steeler game against the Ratbirds on Christmas Eve. I do not have a parking pass. I have looked on ebay and the prices seem resonable, but you pay out the butt in shipping. So I was wondering where is a good place to park that is close to the stadium that allows tailgating? I will be staying with my boyfriend at his place on Mt. Washington and we were planning on leaving by 8AM. I just want to find a place to park so we can start tailgating early.
Steelergal82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:48 PM   #2
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
Default Re: Steeler vrz Ratbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelergal82 View Post
I will be going to the Steeler game against the Ratbirds on Christmas Eve. I do not have a parking pass. I have looked on ebay and the prices seem resonable, but you pay out the butt in shipping. So I was wondering where is a good place to park that is close to the stadium that allows tailgating? I will be staying with my boyfriend at his place on Mt. Washington and we were planning on leaving by 8AM. I just want to find a place to park so we can start tailgating early.

You can either join us at our tailgate, or get into the North Blue Canal Lot at 8am, it is first come first serve, $20.

http://www.alcoparking.com/images/gameday_view.jpg

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"

Last edited by Stlrs4Life; 12-18-2006 at 06:54 PM.
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:00 PM   #3
Steelergal82
Water Boy

Member Number: 4288
Smile Re: Steeler vrz Ratbirds

Thanks for the tip! Im so excited to finally get to go to a regular season game. I have only been to preseason games and the tailgating consisted of my and my friend drinking in our car. Im going to tell my boyfriend about the parking lot and maybe we will venture down to your tailgate party too. Thanks again
Steelergal82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 11:04 PM   #4
ThatGuy246
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3089

Hey! Sorry to hijack this, but I posted it elsewhere and haven't had a response, and my siutation is somewhat time sensitive:

My father and I have been somewhat estranged from one another for a few years, though despite his Philadelphia roots, he's converted to a hardcore Steelers fan as a means by which he and I would have a common ground. He's had an historically awful few months lately, and since I'll be back in Pittsburgh for the holidays, I was thinking it'd be a great shared experience to buy a pair of tickets for the Ravens game tucked into a Steelers polo as an early Christmas present.

Herein lies my question: I have an opportunity to purchase two sets of tickets, one a few rows back in the first section off the 50, and the other in the "Club Level" a little bit offset from the 50 (from the seating diagram, it looks like they're right around the 40), both on the home sideline. My father is an older man of the corporate executive mold, who is very sedate despite his love of all things Pittsburgh-related. Does the so-called "Club Level" offer any amenities that might make it more desireable than closer seats? Namely, would there be any nearby TV monitors, or is it be in an enclosed area (he's only 54, but hasn't been of the best health lately, and I'm reluctant to put him in a position to be exposed late-December Pittsburgh weather for a prolonged period if I can avoid it, despite the apparent warm streak in the area).

Personally, I'd opt in a heartbeat for as close to the sideline as I can get, but I'm only 22 and would love to get rowdy with the regulars. But I want to try to maximize his enjoyment, and would happily opt for a more calm environment if the Club Level is actually more of a relaxed atmosphere. Any suggestions or insights that anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated...admittedly, I've never been to a Steelers game at Heinz (I moved out of the area just before it was completed and rarely make it back since). This is really important to me, and I'd love if anyone could offer some suggestions that would make my ultimate decision a bit more clear...

Many thanks in advance, and a happy holidays & safe travels to all... Take care...
ThatGuy246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 02:45 PM   #5
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy246 View Post
Hey! Sorry to hijack this, but I posted it elsewhere and haven't had a response, and my siutation is somewhat time sensitive:

My father and I have been somewhat estranged from one another for a few years, though despite his Philadelphia roots, he's converted to a hardcore Steelers fan as a means by which he and I would have a common ground. He's had an historically awful few months lately, and since I'll be back in Pittsburgh for the holidays, I was thinking it'd be a great shared experience to buy a pair of tickets for the Ravens game tucked into a Steelers polo as an early Christmas present.

Herein lies my question: I have an opportunity to purchase two sets of tickets, one a few rows back in the first section off the 50, and the other in the "Club Level" a little bit offset from the 50 (from the seating diagram, it looks like they're right around the 40), both on the home sideline. My father is an older man of the corporate executive mold, who is very sedate despite his love of all things Pittsburgh-related. Does the so-called "Club Level" offer any amenities that might make it more desireable than closer seats? Namely, would there be any nearby TV monitors, or is it be in an enclosed area (he's only 54, but hasn't been of the best health lately, and I'm reluctant to put him in a position to be exposed late-December Pittsburgh weather for a prolonged period if I can avoid it, despite the apparent warm streak in the area).

Personally, I'd opt in a heartbeat for as close to the sideline as I can get, but I'm only 22 and would love to get rowdy with the regulars. But I want to try to maximize his enjoyment, and would happily opt for a more calm environment if the Club Level is actually more of a relaxed atmosphere. Any suggestions or insights that anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated...admittedly, I've never been to a Steelers game at Heinz (I moved out of the area just before it was completed and rarely make it back since). This is really important to me, and I'd love if anyone could offer some suggestions that would make my ultimate decision a bit more clear...

Many thanks in advance, and a happy holidays & safe travels to all... Take care...
I think Stlrs4Life or 83 may be best in a position here to answer your questions, That Guy.

Let me say that even though I don't know you personally, what you are doing to re-establish your relationship with your father is truly wonderful and you have my deepest respect and admiration. You only have one Dad - go for it and I hope you both have a fantastic time at the game!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 10:39 PM   #6
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

I belive foryou and your situation, you should get the Club Seats, I'm not sure what amenities it brings though. But the seats are under cover. Now, if you can score some Luxury Box seats, go for it.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 12:45 AM   #7
ThatGuy246
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3089

HTG, thank you, that means a lot to me. My father has endured a very rough year, including marital and business problems. Despite that, he's been there every step of the way for me during a year in which I've questioned my entire professional career, encountered medical problems, and have just generally had things go awfully. He's a good, hard-working, and kind-hearted man and it's time we put our prior problems in the past. This is just the first step in a long road, but I can't think of a better, more mutually-enjoyable way in which to begin. (Not to harp on the point, but I gave him the tickets this evening, tucked inside a Steelers Polo, so that he would have sufficient time to plan should he need to, and he was literally speechless...was a cool moment for me.)

That aside, I've gotta tell y'all - after being a fan for eleven years, I'll be attending my very first Steelers game this week and could not possibly be more pumped. Great scenario - the guys are really peaking lately, it's against the Ravens in the aftermath of an awful earlier performance due to which they're out for blood, and we've got another quasi-miraculous playoff berth on the line! My father and I are going to be in Section 234, and likely tailgating with a few of my friends from undergrad prior to the stadium opening, though I'm not sure precisely where. If anyone is interested, I'd be thrilled to offer a beer and a hot sausage - just drop me a PM, and I'll relay my cell number.

To all those planning on attending, I hope you have a great an experience as I inevitably will regardless of the outcome...and to all, safe travels, a very happy holiday season, and may all that you dream for in the new year come true...

-DJ
ThatGuy246 is offline   Reply With Quote