Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 09-09-2005, 04:47 PM   #31
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default Re: Duce to have carries in week 1.

Why play him and risk re-injuring himself? That's just silly. I wouldn't play him until the Pats game and only then if we are really suffering in the run game...better to give him an extra weeks rest through the bye week and see if we can't keep him healthy for the rest of the season + playoffs...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 05:52 PM   #32
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

Member Number: 284

Quote:
Originally Posted by figg
Him being questionable to begin with was a smoke screen. Reporters for the Steelers said as much. You should replay your team pass press confrence im positive Cowher didnt say Duce definitly is going to get carries. He said "Ideally, we?d like to get him some repetition."
wow u are thick man i never said definitly lol and u used the same word i used "Ideally". lol.so i dotn knoe what u are talking about lol.u should try to stop talking and read ;).
Old 09-09-2005, 06:14 PM   #33
figg
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 416

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySTEEL
wow u are thick man i never said definitly lol and u used the same word i used "Ideally". lol.so i dotn knoe what u are talking about lol.u should try to stop talking and read ;).
"Duce to have carries in week 1"

I didnt use that word, Cowher did thats my point. You obviously misunderstood what he said Im not the only one in this thread saying it
Old 09-10-2005, 12:34 AM   #34
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

Quote:
yes that is what iam saying X, i have team pass and watched the video unlike Figg who has a quote form a press box person. i rly whish i could copy the video but i dotn feel like getting sued."Willie is the starter and haynes will back him up but, ideally duce at one point can get in the game and get a couple of carries since he hasn't played in ahwile.".but as i dont want to fight over this we will see on sunday.

it's called a title its suppose to grab attention. and by your last statement u really are thick headed lol. bc i a gave the exact quote from bill lol and then u repost the same thing i posted that bill said. and if anyone misread anything it looks as if u have misread just about everything in this thread lol. oh and as aim not 10 year old i wont put smileys on post.

ok and lets break it down .u tired to say he never even said anything close to my qoute by saying bill only said.

Quote:
guess you misunderstood what he said. He said Duce was questionable and that Joey was ahead of him as far as health.

Q: How did Joey and Duce look yesterday?
Joey is certainly further along than Duce is. He took part in a full practice and we?ll evaluate him further as the week goes. He is definitely higher than Duce is at this point with them both being listed as questionable. Joey has a much better chance of playing than Duce. We?ll assess Duce as the week goes on.
Then u try and change again what u think he said.

Quote:
Actually he said this lol

Q: If Duce and Joey don?t play, how do you feel about their replacements?
And maybe was it good in preseason that you got a chance to play them. I don?t think there?s any question. Whether Duce plays or not, Willie (Parker) is going to start. And Verron (Haynes) is going to be a part of it. Ideally, we?d like to get him some repetition. He hasn?t played for a long time. Joey has played some in this camp, more than Duce, but whether he comes back and plays, James Harrison is still going to play a lot of football. And I feel very good about James. I think you look at James Harrison and Willie Parker, I think it was good. Willie didn?t get a lot of reps, but he?s been here, he?s a second-year guy. I feel pretty good about him. But certainly when James Harrison has stepped in, he?s played at a very high level.
then after i said i have teampass u come up with saying u saw it on tv after not saying it for 2-4 post.

Quote:
Actually I watched the press confrence on FSP at 11:30 last night.
And he said word for word what I pasted. Ideally, we?d like to get him some repetition. He hasn?t played for a long time. The guy hasnt even gone through a full practice, missed all of camp, and didnt play one snap of preseason.

Then u state i used the word "definitly"which i never said .

Quote:
Him being questionable to begin with was a smoke screen. Reporters for the Steelers said as much. You should replay your team pass press confrence im positive Cowher didnt say Duce definitly is going to get carries. He said "Ideally, we?d like to get him some repetition."

so i have no idea how u even know what your talking about after changed your story what 4 times lol.

Last edited by JerseySTEEL; 09-10-2005 at 12:46 AM.
JerseySTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 01:19 AM   #35
figg
Team Captain
Supporter

[QUOTE=JerseySTEEL]it's called a title its suppose to grab attention.Then your first post was- Bill said in tonights press conference , Duce will have a couple of a carries to get him warmed up for a week 3 start. and by your last statement u really are thick headed lol. bc i a gave the exact quote from bill lol and then u repost the same thing i posted that bill said. and if anyone misread anything it looks as if u have misread just about everything in this thread lol. oh and as aim not 10 year old i wont put smileys on post. It's not the same thing-read it again. You said Cowher said this-"ideally duce at one point can get in the game and get a couple of carries since he hasn't played in ahwile.". When he really said this-Ideally, we?d like to get him some repetition. He hasn?t played for a long time. (Practice come to mind at all?) He still hasnt gone through a full practice . Your right you dont use smilies, but you use the word lol after evry sentence
ok and lets break it down .u tired to say he never even said anything close to my qoute by saying bill only said. You messed up his quote to try and make it look like you had a scoop with your team pass Then u try and change again what u think he said. I took the wrong quote from his press confrence whoops . lol You changed your scoop once I said you misunderstood.
1st you said-
Bill said in tonights press conference , Duce will have a couple of a carries to get him warmed up for a week 3 start. Then you said-ideally duce at one point can get in the game and get a couple of carries since he hasn't played in ahwilethen-but as i dont want to fight over this we will see on sunday. Good thing we dont have to wait until Sunday lol.

then after i said i have teampass u come up with saying u saw it on tv after not saying it for 2-4 post. I used that link as a refrence. I read every press confrence transcript and watch it on FSP
Then u state i used the word "definitly"which i never said. This means definitly- Bill said in tonights press conference , Duce will have a couple of a carries to get him warmed up for a week 3 start. "Will Have" He did? I never heard him mention week 3 either LMFAO!
so i have no idea how u even know what your talking about after changed your story what 4 times lol. Like I said I never changed my story unlike you MR team pass lol I took the wrong quote from him and watched the press confrence on FSP. As far as the smoke screen- if you listen to the Steelers shows or Savaran thats what they were saying

Last edited by figg; 09-10-2005 at 01:23 AM.
figg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 01:35 AM   #36
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

Nice job with the blue text really made your statement anyless true lol.its great how u try to flip what i said about u changing your story on me great one.its funny how u never mentioned u posting the wrong qoute before convent huh hehe, and still doesn't change i never said "definitly" so nice try and hope u have better luck in the future .
Old 09-10-2005, 01:41 AM   #37
figg
Team Captain
Supporter

Quote:
Nice job with the blue text really made your statement anyless true lol.its great how u try to flip what i said about u changing your story on me great one.its funny how u never mentioned u posting the wrong qoute before convent huh hehe, and still doesn't change i never said "definitly" so nice try and hope u have better luck in the future .
He will means what? You could have said he might, he could, or it's possible
I wrote this is what he acually said. I took the wrong quote about Duce. whoops. On that note im done with this thread. I'll just consider it as a misundersatanding
Old 09-10-2005, 11:12 AM   #38
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
Why play him and risk re-injuring himself? That's just silly. I wouldn't play him until the Pats game and only then if we are really suffering in the run game...better to give him an extra weeks rest through the bye week and see if we can't keep him healthy for the rest of the season + playoffs...
Yeah thats the main thing..if he rushes back and makes it worse, he'll end up missing half the season like last year. See once again, I hate early bye weeks, but they always seem to come in handy for us!!

And as for the rest of you, RELAX, misunderstandings happen!!!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote