Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-08-2006, 06:33 AM   #1
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default LLT's Mock draft (Updated 10th Jan)

LOL...just wanted to get a jump and have the first draft on the forum !!!! I usually have one posted on the internet every year with explanations....but I had time on my hands tonight and just threw this one together real quick...I mainly wanted to go with team weakness and what players fit the system...(but last year was a perfect example of players not going where they should have!!!)...so take it for what it is worth...and understand it is still very early so position and players will change.

Give me feedback...it will help in my actual mock draft that I will post in late January on the net! Thanks!!!

1. Oakland Raiders - Jamarcus Russell, QB Louisiana State (After seeing Russell play against Quinn..I think Oakland forgoes another Vet and drafts for the future)

2. Detroit Lions - Brady Quinn, QB Notre Dame (..and again...I have no faith that Detroit will draft responsibly)

3. Cleveland Browns - Adrian Peterson, RB Oklahoma (Hate to see Adrian in our division but Cleveland has a great opportunity with the 3rd pick)

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Calvin Johnson, WR Georgia Tech (By far the best WR in the draft...)

5. Arizona Cardinals - Joe Thomas, OT Wisconsin (Arizona needs someone to protect Matt and to open holes for Edge)

6. Washington Redskins - Darrelle Revis, CB Pittsburgh (Washington HAS to upgrade their defense in some way other than throwing money at vets.)

7. Minnesota Vikings- Dwayne Jarrett, WR USC (Another team with serious WR needs)

8. Houston Texans - Ted Ginn Jr, WR Ohio State (Moulds is not the #2 they thought he might be..and they were sold enough on D.Davis to pass on Bush...Davis/Daynes in the backfield next year is not a bad combo)

9. Miami Dolphins- Alan Branch, DT Michigan (best tackle coming out this year)

10. Atlanta Falcons - LaRon Landry, S LSU (Take away D. Hall and the backfield has combined for 1 interception)

11. San Francisco 49ers - Gaines Adams, DE Clemson (Bryant is having a good year but turns 35 next year)

12. Buffalo Bills - Leon Hall, CB Michigan (considered the best CB in the draft by some..)

13.St. Louis Rams - Paul Posluszny, OLB, Penn State (..anyone think that Posluzney might make Dexter Coakley's stats laughable in his first year?)

14. Carolina Panthers - Reggie Nelson, S Florida (Carolina needs a Safety that can support the run and blitz, and Nelson is climbing the charts)

15. Pittsburgh Steelers- Quentin Moses, DE/OLB (OK..you changed my mind for me..Porters replacement is picked up to groom under him for a year)

16.Green Bay Packers-Marshawn Lynch, RB California (at some point opponants need to start respecting the Packers running game)

17. Jacksonville Jaguars - Michael Griffin. S Texas (Griffin is just what they need in a defensive player...and some think he is a steal this late in the draft)

18. Cincinnati Bengals - Marcus McCauley, CB Fresno State (6'1, 4.3..Several UFA's will have this team on the ropes ..and other teams can pass against them...all...day...long)

19. Tennessee Titans- Robert Meachum, WR Tennessee (Meechum stays in Tennessee...instantly makes the WR corp better)

20. New York Giants -Daymeion Hughes, CB California (The Giants get a CB with great size at 6'2 190, and great hands)

21. Denver Broncos- Charles Johnson, DE Georgia (So hard to not go RB..but Denver needs to upgrade their run defense)

22. New England Patriots (from Seattle) - Patrick Willis, LB Mississippi (Best natural ILB in the draft)

23. Dallas Cowboys - Justin Blaylock, OG/OT Texas (Romo needs time to check down...Blaylock locks on to his man until the whistle blows)

24. Kansas City Chiefs - Levi Brown, OT Penn State (Every year I think they will go WR and they never do...)

25. New Orleans Saints - Zack Miller, TE Arizona St (Another weapon in New Orleans... who get the best TE in the draft)

26. New York Jets- Greg Olsen, TE Miami ( (With renewed faith in Pennington..Chad is given an outlet)

27.Chicago Bears -Rufus Alexander, OLB Oklahoma . (With the real possibility of losing a starter to FA..Bears pick up young talent)

28. New England Patriots - Aaron Ross CB Texas (Thorpe award recipient as nations top DB, spent three years behind extremely talented upperclassmen ...Michael Huff, Nathan Vasher, Cedric Griffin... and exploded when given the chance)

29. Baltimore Ravens - Michael Bush RB, Louisville (History of injuries...but the upside on Bush is off the scales

30. Indianapolis Colts- Prescott Burgess, OLB Michigan (Indy is ranked 32 in run defense..Burgess can blitz and lock on to a RB)

31. Philadelphia Eagles-H.B. Blades, LB Pittsburgh (May go OL with Howard getting older..but blades is a serious talent)

32. San Diego Chargers - Jeff Samardzija, WR Notre Dame (will go higher with a good combine...has the size and the hands that teams are looking for)

Last edited by Livinginthe past; 01-10-2007 at 03:45 PM.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 07:07 PM   #2
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997
Default Re: LLT's Mock draft

thats pretty good... I really think the Gians like Brandon Jacobs though and when Tiki retires I wouldnt look for them to draft a RB high... maybe in the third round but I think they are comfortable looking at jacobs as there starter right now.... And I honeslty dont think we need a corner in the first either. Ike and B Mac imo have a chance to do something special next year. I could see us going corner in the second round maybe, but first we need a linebacker to replace Joey and we need a center (my personnal opinion)... some people want us to take Michael Bush, but I would rather have us pick up TJ Duckett through free agency... decent mock for this early tho lol...
Old 12-08-2006, 09:44 PM   #3
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
thats pretty good... I really think the Gians like Brandon Jacobs though and when Tiki retires I wouldnt look for them to draft a RB high... maybe in the third round but I think they are comfortable looking at jacobs as there starter right now.... And I honeslty dont think we need a corner in the first either. Ike and B Mac imo have a chance to do something special next year. I could see us going corner in the second round maybe, but first we need a linebacker to replace Joey and we need a center (my personnal opinion)... some people want us to take Michael Bush, but I would rather have us pick up TJ Duckett through free agency... decent mock for this early tho lol...

Nope. We need a CB after our CB's have been lit up 3 of the last five years. Furthermore, Porter is staying. He practically begged to stay the other night on tv. I wouldn't mind taking Bush in a third round, even second if it is deep in the round. Problem is, he is injury prone, and no one knows if he can run after the last two injuries.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:37 AM   #4
Dook
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 906

We don't need a CB. Our CB's haven't been out of position they've just mostly been outjumped this year because we aren't moving the other teams QB around with pressure and they have too much time to make the perfect throw. Taylor isn't going anywhere even if Cowher does sit him to send a message. And McFadden is looking good. If we get a CB it will be later in the draft and only for depth.

If we did pick at #9 I don't see us passing on WR Jarrett or RB Lynch.

I'd look for a trade down to maybe #14 or #15 and get LB Posluszny or OT Long or OG Blalock.

Also, you think the Texans are going to pass on the top RB once again?

RB Bush at #18 is kind of high considering he's still limping from his injury.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:36 AM   #5
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
Appreciate the feedback....and you and I are in the same corner when it comes to drafting a center (but I think the best center on the board is Kyle Young out of Fresno and he may be available to us in the second round)..I kinda think that Pitt wil trade down if we end up to high, they are of the old school mindset that outside the top five...the difference in talent in the first round is a crapshoot and you might as well pay for a player at the bottom then overpay in the middle. I personally would like to get Quinton Moses and convert him to to a OLB...but I dont see a position that management is as unhappy with as CB....and that might be a good indication as to where they are leaning.

I really do believe that we will see the Giants go for another RB...they have been doing the whole "thunder and lightning" thing for so long that I think they will feel naked with one premier back.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:57 AM   #6
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dook View Post
We don't need a CB. Our CB's haven't been out of position they've just mostly been outjumped this year because we aren't moving the other teams QB around with pressure and they have too much time to make the perfect throw. Taylor isn't going anywhere even if Cowher does sit him to send a message. And McFadden is looking good. If we get a CB it will be later in the draft and only for depth.

If we did pick at #9 I don't see us passing on WR Jarrett or RB Lynch.

I'd look for a trade down to maybe #14 or #15 and get LB Posluszny or OT Long or OG Blalock.

Also, you think the Texans are going to pass on the top RB once again?

RB Bush at #18 is kind of high considering he's still limping from his injury.
I agree that we probably wont stay at #9..and will trade down if we end up that high...and also agree that there is a strong possiblity to see an offensive lineman at that slot if the right kid is still on the board, but dont look at Posluszny, everyone is already saying that he is not a good fit in a 3-4 defense and if you were going to move him inside you would probably just draft Patrick Willis or Blades... as of right now I really see us looking for some help in the secondary (although I dont think anyone doesnt believe that Smith and Polamalu are going to be our safeties when the season starts)
....yea..I do believe the Texans MAY pass on a RB again...I think they would love to have 6'4 Calvin Johnson on the other side of 6'3 Andre Johnson (or they may even trade down and pick up speedy Ted Ginn Jr)...With Moulds going into his 12th year and only giving the Texans 500+ yards and 1 TD and with a healthy Dominik Davis in their backfield with Dayne being able to go back to his natural 1-2 punch position...WR seems like the right move..
As for Bush's injury...think Willis McGahee...with more upside!!! ..and if he doesnt go earlier..I dont see Shanahan letting him slide past #27

Last edited by lamberts-lost-tooth; 12-11-2006 at 05:30 AM.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:29 PM   #7
skidboot
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3704

Wow.

Samardzija over Jarrett!

I'd put Hall over McCauley also.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:43 AM   #8
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidboot View Post
Wow.

Samardzija over Jarrett!

I'd put Hall over McCauley also.
Im not sold on Hall at all..3rd best corner in this draft ...McCauley and Revis will fit better into a pro-scheme
Old 12-26-2006, 07:15 AM   #9
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Im not sold on Hall at all..3rd best corner in this draft ...McCauley and Revis will fit better into a pro-scheme

Excellent thread Lambert. But i think McCauley, Revies or Hall would be considerable "reaches" if picked so high as the top 15.
Don't get me wrong i think all three are solid,..... just made of 2nd half of the first/early second quality.

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 10:06 AM   #10
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Pos is gonna go in the top 10 in my opinion. He won't be there at 20 unless no one notices that he is in the pool

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote