Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-11-2007, 08:59 PM   #1
kyflash15
Water Boy

Member Number: 3187
Default Peterson?

I know that there is a lot of talk about the steelers needing pretty a lot of things but I'm thinking it might be a good idea to try and get Peterson. He is 6'2 218, I think that we should draft him as a safety player..try and turn him into a WR, and use him incase willie gets hurt. I know that people say that his catching is alittle shaky, but maybe he could do it, if someone work with him...what do you all think?
kyflash15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:53 PM   #2
Showdaddeee
Water Boy

Member Number: 4579
Default Re: Peterson?

If he's there art 15 I think we would grab him, but we would keep him at RB and back up Willie. WR we can address in later rounds if we need to.
Showdaddeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:49 PM   #3
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085

No, OL & LB are needed first and foremost. This isnt the Lions, Cardinals or Raiders!
Old 01-11-2007, 11:09 PM   #4
MJ5150
Starter

Member Number: 3203

No way on a RB in the first round. Peterson is great, but he would be a waste, unless you are going to sit Willie and play Peterson. Yeah, I don't think so.

-Mike
MJ5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:35 AM   #5
coachspeak33
Banned

Member Number: 2231

It didnt look like Maroney was a waste for NE.... 16 games is too much for 1 RB (unless your a future hall of famer) to carry the load for a running team... PERIOD.

Is peterson the right choice.... maybe.... maybe not.... but he definitely wouldnt hurt our team.
coachspeak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:56 AM   #6
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

I agree that we need LB, but think we need DB and OL too. However, sometimes you've got to take the best player available and put him in your stall! Peterson would be a nice addition and a great 1-2 punch in the backfield.

But what good is a 1-2 punch if your defense doesn't have the necessary players to stop the opposing team!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:03 AM   #7
Stillers#1
Banned

Member Number: 1082

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyflash15 View Post
I know that there is a lot of talk about the steelers needing pretty a lot of things but I'm thinking it might be a good idea to try and get Peterson. He is 6'2 218, I think that we should draft him as a safety player..try and turn him into a WR, and use him incase willie gets hurt. I know that people say that his catching is alittle shaky, but maybe he could do it, if someone work with him...what do you all think?
This isn't Madden 07, this is real football, and grown-ups get paid to make the decisions. We have a Pro-Bowl RB, PRO-BOWL RB! There is no reason for this continued thunder and lightning BS. Willie is the future right now, so let him be the future, he has earned it. I am much more concerned about our O-line, b/c it doesn't matter if we have Barry Sanders running, if we don't block, we don't run. Willie has proved he can get the tough yards, and Najeh looked really good this year, once he got to know the offense, IMO.
Stillers#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:46 AM   #8
coachspeak33
Banned

Member Number: 2231

Najeh is NOT the answer at 3rd down back and absolutely not at backup RB.... maybe Peterson or Bush arent the right fit for us.... but Najeh isnt the answer at filling those roles
coachspeak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:48 AM   #9
Stillers#1
Banned

Member Number: 1082

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachspeak33 View Post
Najeh is NOT the answer at 3rd down back and absolutely not at backup RB.... maybe Peterson or Bush arent the right fit for us.... but Najeh isnt the answer at filling those roles
How is he not the answer? He wasn't used enough as it is, but when he caught the ball he averaged almost 13 YPC. He wasn't super impressive running the ball with only a 3.7 YPC, but that is eerily similar to the Bus' production last year, which was 3.3 per carry.

Najeh is doing just fine, it's narrow minded people like you, WHO HAVE TO HAVE A BIG NAME BACK, that want to criticize everything about our RB's that make them look bad.

And open you eyes, we don't need a "3rd down back" Willie and Najeh can take care of that, and Najeh is very able bodied to take care of short yardage.
Stillers#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:59 AM   #10
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
I agree that we need LB, but think we need DB and OL too. However, sometimes you've got to take the best player available and put him in your stall! Peterson would be a nice addition and a great 1-2 punch in the backfield.

But what good is a 1-2 punch if your defense doesn't have the necessary players to stop the opposing team!
Yeah, I'm all for taking the best player available on the board other than a QB. I believe we can always get O Line help in the later rounds of the draft. I can see us having a few good runs in the next few years where we get deep into the play-offs and the by product of that would be drafting at the bottom of the list in regards to draft pick order. This year being that we are closer to the top pick at # 15, we should probably consider how to use the first pick. Do we use our first round pick to fill a void? Or get the best player available? I'm in favor of getting the best player available especially if he has the potential to be a game breaker.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote