Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-12-2007, 01:12 PM   #11
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,198 Times in 476 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Peterson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
How is he not the answer? He wasn't used enough as it is, but when he caught the ball he averaged almost 13 YPC. He wasn't super impressive running the ball with only a 3.7 YPC, but that is eerily similar to the Bus' production last year, which was 3.3 per carry.

Najeh is doing just fine, it's narrow minded people like you, WHO HAVE TO HAVE A BIG NAME BACK, that want to criticize everything about our RB's that make them look bad.

And open you eyes, we don't need a "3rd down back" Willie and Najeh can take care of that, and Najeh is very able bodied to take care of short yardage.
agreed Najeh is fine we need pass rushers and offensive linemen
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:01 PM   #12
Tankus_Maximus
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 519

Najeh's done an admirable job.

Howzabout Dwayne Jarrett with our 1st pick?
That's a big body receiver to fill the void created by Plax & ARE.

"I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me." -Rorschach
Tankus_Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:50 PM   #13
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankus_Maximus View Post
Najeh's done an admirable job.

Howzabout Dwayne Jarrett with our 1st pick?
That's a big body receiver to fill the void created by Plax & ARE.
I don't know if I would spend our 1st round pick on him, but could you imagine Jarrett and Holmes as weapons for Ben for the next 5-7 years. That would be pretty sweet.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:13 PM   #14
DACEB
Banned

Member Number: 2911

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFanInCA View Post
Yeah, I'm in favor of getting the best player available especially if he has the potential to be a game breaker.
I agree, we have quite a few positions to sure up so to me the best player available scenerio works for me. Best available DE/OLB, OL, CB and yes even a big RB or WR.

As far as Najeh goes I think he has done a good job for us in more than one area this year, BUT I guess I expected more. He just doesn't seem to be the bruiser that we need (yes for our style of football we need a big bruiser).

On that note I don't believe Peterson is the answer either, sorry but I'm on the Bush bandwagon (although I don't think Bush goes in the 1st round). I think we have some depth at RB so I don't think it is a pressing need, but I would like to see some more talent. This is not a slam on FWP, but I agree with others that think we need two talented backs. (plus FWP needs to work on his blocking to be a premier back)
DACEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:38 PM   #15
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
How is he not the answer? He wasn't used enough as it is, but when he caught the ball he averaged almost 13 YPC. He wasn't super impressive running the ball with only a 3.7 YPC, but that is eerily similar to the Bus' production last year, which was 3.3 per carry.

Najeh is doing just fine, it's narrow minded people like you, WHO HAVE TO HAVE A BIG NAME BACK, that want to criticize everything about our RB's that make them look bad.

And open you eyes, we don't need a "3rd down back" Willie and Najeh can take care of that, and Najeh is very able bodied to take care of short yardage.
Najah runs like he is 6'9" tall... he is NOT the Answer for our power back.. Yur' best power backs are probably gonna be under 6 feet tall.. most under 5'10"... I dont have to have another big name back, yeah we already have a pretty darn good back in Willie and I am satisfied with him, but we need a good young stout power back to help Willie late in games to wear out the defense..and Veron Haynes is our best 3rd down back.. remember him? Willie, as much as I like him he cant block ... that is his worst asset to our team..
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:45 PM   #16
BozMan
Starter

Member Number: 3027

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
Peterson's almost the same size as Parker anyway. A little taller, but no heavier and probably no stronger, at least in terms of running people over. Unless we're talking about picking up a guy who's 6 feet, 250 pounds, there's no need to spend a high draft pick on more of the same thing that we already have.
Agreed. If we're going after a power back, we need someone built like The Bus.
BozMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:20 PM   #17
Stillers#1
Banned

Member Number: 1082

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFanInCA View Post
I believe we can always get O Line help in the later rounds of the draft.
That thinking has gotten us the line we have now, one that needs help. We don't need any SKILL POSITIONS!!!!! If, we don't need a QB, then we sure as hell don't need a RB where we have a Pro-bowler.
Stillers#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 10:33 AM   #18
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

I agree the more I see other teams needs.. and who we can get at #15..I have to say that we will probably go LB or OL with the first pick...and that it will probably be LB because only two Lineman seem worthy of that pick and may be gone ...(I think Levi Brown is a stretch at #15..but wouldnt be surprised to see the Steelers trade down and get him later... with an extra pick)

I think eventually we WILL get either in FA or the draft:

A lineman...a linebacker (maybe two..inside and outside)...a defensive end ...a wide reciever...a cornerback...and possible a punter...
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 11:25 AM   #19
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Whats the consensus on the LB group in this years draft compared to previous years?

Im hoping its a strong area for the Patriots sake, but the Steelers could probably do with getting stronger there too, as we run similar defensive schemes.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote