Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-16-2005, 09:57 PM   #1
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Question Players alittle resentful ?

In the latest issue of Steelers Digest, El was quoted as saying after a reporter was asking about the struggles in the offseason and about maybe some fans getting worried.. "Maybe to a bunch of fans, people who don't believe in us" ..now you could take that several different ways but still

And Willie during his press conference after the titans game: Now maybe you'll all stop asking me questions about if I can last an entire game..maybe I should be asking you the questions now.

Parker was more than cordial during his conference and was lighthearted about it; but it makes ya wonder how much it really pisses off the players & coaches when the press starts getting after them and knocking the strategy and production they put out.

I'd probaby be alittle edgy now and then if someone kept doubting me, and then I proved them wrong in a big way.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 10:17 PM   #2
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default Re: Players alittle resentful ?

That's perfectly fair...most fans are knee-jerk and not very knowledgable about the game. They watch the game then tune in to ESPN or whatever to be told how they should feel about the game...some of us don't work that way.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 10:27 PM   #3
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

hell yeah i'd go off on the press to if all they were doing is trying to put me down and hate on my grind. but el proved me wrong so i won't doubt him anymore, and i knew willie was gonna be badass. i can't stand the media i'd probably be kicked out of the league or been fined a crap load of money cause i'm jabbed me a few media ppl even though i know they just trying to get paid, but the way they do stuff is uncalled for.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 10:37 PM   #4
SteelProven
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 394

The media has to keep people interested and W. Parker, the pre-season struggles, and whether this team can built on the success they had last year are all good subjects.

W. Parker is going to have to prove that he's the real deal. Becuz one subpar game from him and the wolves will be out. That's only becuz the NFL has been blessed with so many one hit wonder RB's it's amazing. These next 2wks are going to be crucial for W. Parker.
SteelProven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 12:23 AM   #5
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

I can understand why they would be aggravated. I'm sure hearing the same question and doubt over and over again gets a bit old.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 03:29 AM   #6
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Especially w/ all the success we've had over the last 13 years..u'd think they'd realize we're gonna field a formidable team and u'd think they'd realize what preseason is really all about.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 01:03 PM   #7
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

Amazing how KC can add some players and instantly have a defense. DEN can put the hot dog guy in at RB and be a Super Bowl favorite. But people question if we will be able to play D and run the ball every year?
Old 09-19-2005, 11:54 AM   #8
rowedf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 367

Gesh, its the medias JOB to ask them questions about their performance and its their JOB to perform :) understand why players get a little frustrated but come on, everyone is just doing their job, they get paid enough money to be able to deal with reporters.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:49 PM   #9
Black-n-Gold
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 602

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcitychef
Amazing how KC can add some players and instantly have a defense. DEN can put the hot dog guy in at RB and be a Super Bowl favorite. But people question if we will be able to play D and run the ball every year?

I was getting fed up with everything I was hearing all preseason. Ben had it the worst I'd say, no one in the media had confidence in him. They thought he couldn't hang w/o plaxico? I was in awe from some of the things these people say to get attention. Along with Ben, Hines caught hell for the contract extension. Nothing made me happier then watching the Steelers crush the Titans and shut up all the critics.