Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 02:17 PM   #61
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313
Default Re: Overweight Head Coach, Super Bowl Championship history says NO WAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btrice View Post
How would you like it if every time you were having a debate or conversation, I would come in, completely misunderstand what you were saying and call your argument ridiculous? You'd call me names too, dips***. Oops theres another one. And now, I've become the immature one. Well I've tried every other means to get your attention to the fact that you've misinterpreted my argument, big letters, bold, caps, single sentences so as to not lose your 3-second attention span. None seem to work. But now I got your f***ing attention huh? Too bad I had to reduce my post's intelligence level to do it, but I think I was finally successful.

Nice BigD, sarcastic glee at my leaving, I didn't see that coming. Great success.
excuse me for not begging you to stay. Quite honestly there was no need for all of the personal attacks you did in this thread. It was uncalled for.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:21 PM   #62
Btrice
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
excuse me for not begging you to stay. Quite honestly there was no need for all of the personal attacks you did in this thread. It was uncalled for.
Yes it was called for. Normal adult methods of reasoning were not working. You two continue to post in the thread that you already called ridiculous. There are names for people who do that and have 2000+ posts in less than a year, they are typically referred to as "trolls." Again thats some nice work. I'm just waiting for you to post "I thought you were leaving?", and then the douchebaggery will be complete.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:22 PM   #63
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,585 Times in 3,992 Posts

Quote:
I understand what you mean, and I agree with you. I just know that I would probably listen more to a Tomlin type guy than a Grimm.

Nobody commented on my example reference to the change in Belichick. A couple of the football fans in the office here thought that was a great point as to how appearance is used as a measure of success/initial respect in this society. Instead I have the three stooges talking about Socrates and stuff.

Tony I would be more than willing to discuss this thread further for you. I'm going to go look for an ignore feature for those three though.
it was a great point. and true. bealichick has earned the right to look and act like an ass.

as far as the looks aspect i will add to it.

bill gates. college drop out, blue jeans type guy. looks like a geek
donald trump. graduates from wharton. gets all the girls

both are sharp as a tack, but if it came down to hiring one (assuming it was before all their current success) d. trump probably gets the job EVERY time.

im just guessing here but when it comes to closing a deal, i bet trump has more success. when it comes to developing a product and pushing it (more behind the scenes stuff, i bet gates has the edge)

appearance definitely matters and fat vs. skinny certainly applies. i just dont think it applies as much to being a head coach as say it would in the board room or fitness trainers.

i know obeisety rates are going up in america (just like they have in football). im curious if the % of fat players in football is the same as fat people in the general population
Old 01-19-2007, 02:23 PM   #64
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

Quote:
Yes it was called for. Normal adult methods of reasoning were not working. You two continue to post in the thread that you already called ridiculous. There are names for people who do that and have 2000+ posts in less than a year, they are typically referred to as "trolls." Again thats some nice work. I'm just waiting for you to post "I thought you were leaving?", and then the douchebaggery will be complete.
no, I will tell you that this thread and your arguements are very offensive. And I think many on this board will tell you i'm not a troll. But think what you want.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:25 PM   #65
Btrice
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
it was a great point. and true. bealichick has earned the right to look and act like an ass.

as far as the looks aspect i will add to it.

bill gates. college drop out, blue jeans type guy. looks like a geek
donald trump. graduates from wharton. gets all the girls

both are sharp as a tack, but if it came dowmn to hiring one (assuming it was before all there current success) d. trump probably gets the job EVERY time.

im just guessing here but when it comes to closing a deal, i bet trump has more success. when it comes to developing a product and pushing it (more behind the scenes stuff, i bet gates has the edge)

appearance definitely matters and fat vs. skinny certainly applies. i just dont think it applies as much to being a head coach as say it would in the board room or fitness trainers.

i know obeisety rates are going up in america (just like they have in football). im curious if the fat players in football is the same as fat people in the general population)
Good analogy. I think we would actually have to ask the players themselves how much it matters to them and the F.O. people making the hiring decisions. I'm sure in the case of Grimm, since they know him to be qualified its not an issue at all, maybe its not even that much of an issue in the NFL at all because most if not all coaches need to have a proven track record before getting the job, whereas maybe in college football some coaches are picked up from lower tier schools many people have no idea about.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:27 PM   #66
Btrice
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
no, I will tell you that this thread and your arguements are very offensive. And I think many on this board will tell you i'm not a troll. But think what you want.

They are meant to be offensive, just like I find you and Sumo interrupting Tony and I's debate with stupidity that doesn't add to the conversation to be offensive. So I've done my job. You go to your corner and I'll go to mine.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:32 PM   #67
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
OK I AM GOING TO GET THIS THREAD CLOSED AND GET BANNED FOR THIS, BUT IT IS WORTH IT JUST TO TELL OFF A STUPID F*** LIKE YOU AND THAT DOUCHEBAG SUMO. FIRST OF ALL, GET A F***ING SPELLING LESSON. SECOND OF ALL LEARN HOW TO READ. I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE SAID IN THIS THREAD THAT NOBODY IS SAYING THAT A FAT MAN CAN'T WIN A SUPERBOWL. I'VE EVEN SET THE WORDS IN BOLD/CAPS EACH TIME, SO TAKE YOUR ADHD HAVING ASS AND GO BACK AND READ MY POSTS BEFORE MAKING YOUR STUPID F***ING COMMENTS. I'M OUT.
Your wish is my command. Sorry, Tony and the others who posted in this thread with good intentions.

THREAD CLOSED.

The Anti-Wahoo
Closed Thread