Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-20-2007, 09:42 AM   #51
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: The Official Pick Your HC Thread

Excellent article.

Once again, I'm all for the organization taking their time. That's why I wasn't really all that shocked or upset when they brought in Gailey and Sherman. But maybe I'm being paranoid or impatient, but I'm not crazy about waiting for Rivera if Da' Bears make it to the Super Bowl.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:58 AM   #52
noto45
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 984

I think tomlin all the way. if the steelers wanted Grimm dont u think they would have picked him already

"You play tough, you play smart, and above all ..... you play physical."
noto45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:11 PM   #53
vlad
Water Boy

Member Number: 4738

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
I would like to see Tomlin or Rivera.. Grimm looks too much like Matt Millen in Detroit.. and we all know how Detroit does ;)
Snap!

Dude, you are right!

I've pretty much joined the Tomlin bandwagon, but mostly out of ignorance about Ron Rivera. Their resumes look pretty similar, but it's a fact a lot more attention and time has been given to Tomlin by the media. It kinda seems the Rooneys are leaning that way, the papers aint allowed to let us know, so they're just doing prep articles for the forthcoming change.

That said, I think a choice hasn't been announced because we are waiting on Rivera. Which is good. I think those are the only two real candidates left. If someone from inside was going to be hired, it'd have been the Whiz. Why isn't Grimm being stolen from us like Whizenhunt by less patient franchises? Because an O-line coach doesn't represent the same sort of potential for success as experienced coordinators. And Tomlin is experienced, he just couldn't leave Tampa for a long time.

My choice: 1. Tomlin, 2. Rivera, [---distance---] 3. Jerome Bettis 4. Russ Grimm.
vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:22 PM   #54
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

I had rather have Rivera.. that Bears defense is pretty intense. They lost that big DT after the 10th game of the year and they have struggled since. As for his resume... look at the last few years in Chicago with this young man at D coach, this team is very good without alot of great players. I like him and I hope he gets the job, but I am afraid that if the Bears make it to the Super Bowl then the Steelers will get impatient and just give the job to Tomlin or Grimm but I hope that they dont.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote