Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-27-2007, 10:33 AM   #1
xIceCOldxX
Water Boy

Member Number: 2284
Default Senior Bowl Discussion

Who will you guys be watching ?

I have never seen it before is it usually pretty good to watch ?

Im sure the players play fairly hard but I know most of what the coaches get is from practice.

I will be giving Dwayne Bowe a pretty good look he reminds me of a taller Hines and I think we could get him in the 3rd. (If we got lucky)

Defense I really really would like to see Patrick Willis the guy is a monster and could play in 4-3 and 3-4.

If we are sticking to the 3-4 then Carriker woodley are pretty high on my list
xIceCOldxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 01:14 PM   #2
dSharp
Water Boy

Member Number: 2302
Default Re: Senior Bowl Discussion

You can call me a homer for Penn State, but all I heard on Sirius all week long and on NFL.com was that Puz was having a great week, and could probably fit both a 4-3 or a 3-4 (the latter with some mentoring).

My pitch is that if he is versatile enough, he may also be a good pick if Tomlin decides in the next couple years to go with the 4-3.. Posluszny would theoretically be able to move into that scheme seemlessly.

I'd take a Penn State linebacker over an Ole Miss or a Michigan tweener anyday of the week... maybe I'm a homer, but the dude has the goods, is intelligent, is a Butkus winner, has shown he still has burst on that knee, and has had a great week at the Senior Bowl. I find it hard for any other prospect at linebacker to beat that, and I really don't think any of them can. I would really hate to see him land anywhere else but in black and gold.

Puz is my hope.
dSharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 04:16 PM   #3
Florida_Steelers_Fan
Starter

Member Number: 4759

can anyone post their thoughts on this game later? in tampa you have to have verizon as your cable subscriber to get the nfl network - i'm with a company called brighthouse which doesn't have it, therefore i can't watch the game.

just curious to see what kind of impressions people got...if the steelers were talked about any. thanks!
Old 01-27-2007, 05:01 PM   #4
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

I'm very impressed with CB/S Brandon Merriweather from Miami.
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:30 AM   #5
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
I'm very impressed with CB/S Brandon Merriweather from Miami.
Yeah.. Merriweather has looked good all year and the past couple of years in Miami,Fla. I am a canes fan so I have gotten to watch him since he came in as a freshmen. He is very physical and is a good tackler. I think that he should be a late 1st round pick maybe somewhere in the Patriots area. I also like Carriker from Nebraska the big DE that looks like has lots of speed along with his pretty darn good size. And also I liked OT Levi Brown from penn st.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:31 PM   #6
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

I've seen Bowe projected as an early second rounder. If he didn't have so many drops he'd be a top 15 pick.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 04:51 PM   #7
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post
Yeah.. Merriweather has looked good all year and the past couple of years in Miami,Fla. I am a canes fan so I have gotten to watch him since he came in as a freshmen. He is very physical and is a good tackler. I think that he should be a late 1st round pick maybe somewhere in the Patriots area. I also like Carriker from Nebraska the big DE that looks like has lots of speed along with his pretty darn good size. And also I liked OT Levi Brown from penn st.

I'm not really impressed with this years crop of corners. And Meriweather confirmed this with his play at the Senior Bowl. He supposed to be a safety,...but he looked far better in coverage on the occasions he was at the corner position than any of the "top" cornerbacks ?
I was also very, very surprised and impressed with Nebraska D/E Jay Moore. I think he would make an exceptional L/B in a 3-4.
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote