Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-22-2005, 07:37 PM   #11
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508
Default Re: very interesting ben statistic- y.p.a.

i'm about 25 miles south of corpus christi, but i don't think we'll be getting any of the main stuff (thank god) cause it turned a lot last night
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 07:44 PM   #12
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Good Luck! Bro! And God Bless to everyone down there. We have some of our big suppliers at work down in those areas. And they have already shut down. It is killing us. But I would rather them be safe.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:02 PM   #13
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

ok, back to the original topic...
I think the media just saw Ben as to good to be true. We have the type of offense that Ben is going to suceed in, but the media and everyone else is always going to be critical of his sucess. However, us Steelers fans, see how special he is to our team. He has came out strong this year, but we still haven't truely been tested. What I have always said about Ben though...he plays better in close games late in the game. I have complete faith in him, and our entire offense...not to mention our D! This team is an all around team that doens't rely on one player...and I love it!

Oh and good luck King...you all will be in my thoughts and prayes!
Old 09-22-2005, 10:23 PM   #14
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

I know it is early but there is a good balance on this team as I believe Cleve said. We have a great O-line. Willie Parker is lookng awesome and soon we will have Duce and Bettis as well. The receivers are doing well and the ball is being spread around. Jerame Tuman and Heath Miller haven't been seen very much, but I believe they will be. Ben has shown up and shook off the slump talk. I'm very excited about this team and can't wait to see what they will do!
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 02:18 AM   #15
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

yeah i love the way the offense has been, i loved that one long throw to wilson last week when ben was scrambling and lookin for his guys and then chunked it to him, that was great i like that's he's makin good decisions with the ball. a lot of my friends would tell me that ben can't throw long all they are is short passes and then the wrs run for the rest but these last two weeks showed he can air it out a little. this sunday is gonna be a great game hopefully ben can air it out a few times. i think the defense can handle the pats, i can't wait to see us play the colts that will be a real test for our dbs.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 01:48 PM   #16
Black-n-Gold
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 602

Coming into the season with the long throws caught me off gaurd. I was amazed how balanced the WRs are, they're all a big threat to defenses. I admit I wasn't sure how well ARE was going to be this season and if he was #2 material. Every doubt of him in my mind is gone, this is a great pack of recievers led by an amazing QB. He buys time in the pocket better then any QB I know, and is able to take a hit. Like it was said before, Tuman and Miller will be used alot more in the futher weeks. I'm sure they're starting to integrate them into the plays more often. Best part of all this, the critics shut the hell up about Ben and Hines and looked elsewhere.