Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-24-2005, 03:47 AM   #11
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: They run the ball, control the game, control the clock. They're tough."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avoid LLoyd1975
At least 200 combined...With confidence. How about them 5 yards you guys put up last year. And damn I read somewhere that your washed up Corey Dillon is at the 3rd highest amount of carries to start his career at this point of the season. Damn I bet we bust his ass for negatives. He hasn't even hit a 100 yards total for the season yet. WOW!!! You all up in New England are in for a rough one.
Thats it Lloyd keep talking the big one - you may have a good team - but it is also a team that has achieved nothing in the last decade.

I can see how beating up on two poor franchises might get you all excited - im not going to proclaim a Pats victory - but I think you may find us harder to beat than you think.

Cheers

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 08:34 PM   #12
slashsteel

Member Number:
Default Re: They run the ball, control the game, control the clock. They're tough."

And maybe beating your team this year will be easier than you think. As both of your games have been highly questionable performances. BTW the Titans won their second game.

Quote:
As for the Dynasty talk...its old.....its also a matter of opinion - I say we are one , you we aren't - the fact is we won 3/4...good luck getting anywhere close to that in your lifetime

Moron think before you type. I watched football when I was a kid during that dynasty of 4 superbowls. One more than your team.

But if dynasty talk puts your panties in a bind we can just do the obvious.

Steelers 2-0
Patriots 1 -1

And if you want to back up the bullshit your spewing. We can make a wager on which one of our teams will go further this year. Willing to make a wager? Oh yea a wager that you will actually pay that is. C'mon mouth let's see what ya got........
Old 09-24-2005, 09:01 PM   #13
Va_steeler
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 652

GO Slash its your Birthday Put that in you pipe and smoke it
Old 09-25-2005, 07:56 AM   #14
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashsteel
And maybe beating your team this year will be easier than you think. As both of your games have been highly questionable performances. BTW the Titans won their second game.

Moron think before you type. I watched football when I was a kid during that dynasty of 4 superbowls. One more than your team.

But if dynasty talk puts your panties in a bind we can just do the obvious.

Steelers 2-0
Patriots 1 -1

And if you want to back up the bullshit your spewing. We can make a wager on which one of our teams will go further this year. Willing to make a wager? Oh yea a wager that you will actually pay that is. C'mon mouth let's see what ya got........
You are asking me to believe that you are over 30 years of age? I think that is where we stretch the limits of credibility - you certainly post like an angry 15 year old.

I already have a wager with Suitanim - and for all our disagreements I still respect him as a poster - you sir - I most certainly dont - I want as little contact as possible with you if you dont mind.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 08:48 AM   #15
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

This is not revenge in my book. A regular season game does not make up for ripping our hearts out in the post season. We proved last year that we can beat them in the regular season. This is an important home field advantage game, looking further down the road. I will be no more pumped than usual when we win. I am happy as hell each victory, this one will be no exception. We still have something to prove, even with a victory today.

Lets not forget the "One game at a time" approach. This is just one game. It doesnt put us in the Superbowl.

With that said" Lets kick some ass"
Old 09-25-2005, 09:15 AM   #16
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Lets not forget the "One game at a time" approach. This is just one game. It doesnt put us in the Superbowl.

With that said" Lets kick some ass"
Right on..it may not propel us in the SB or be a make or break game from a record standpoint, but damnit I wanna win this one !
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote