Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-13-2007, 02:42 PM   #51
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,255 Times in 3,256 Posts
Default Re: Rush Limbaughs latest NFL "analysis"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
I was up ALL NIGHT watching those election returns.

What really burned me was when other nations were making snied comments about it. I heard one american reporter retort... In other countries, there would be tanks in the streets. Here, most people go about their day without really caring on a day to day basis.

I thought that was a rather astute point! It actually made me proud of the American press for once.
Agreed - forget just the ping-pong of Florida being called for Gore, then being called for Bush, and then finally being called for nobody around 3-4 a.m. EST the next morning.

What was really amazing was how political life simply went on while it all got sorted out in the courts for the next month following the election. Complling evidence as to how stable the political institutions in the U.S. are (at least as long as you are not the current or a former U.S. President on 24).
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:09 PM   #52
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,167 Times in 3,485 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Agreed - forget just the ping-pong of Florida being called for Gore, then being called for Bush, and then finally being called for nobody around 3-4 a.m. EST the next morning.
is it me, or did the tomlin-grimm-tomlin ping-pong seem to have more immediate impact???
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:02 PM   #53
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,255 Times in 3,256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
is it me, or did the tomlin-grimm-tomlin ping-pong seem to have more immediate impact???
In one of my ramblings around midnight on Sarturday several weeks ago, right after the Trib-Review had "called" the Steelers HC job for Grimm, following the earlier back and forth between SI and ESPN as to whether Tomlin had been picked, I recall comparing that back and forth to Election Night 2000.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:27 PM   #54
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,167 Times in 3,485 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
In one of my ramblings around midnight on Sarturday several weeks ago, right after the Trib-Review had "called" the Steelers HC job for Grimm, following the earlier back and forth between SI and ESPN as to whether Tomlin had been picked, I recall comparing that back and forth to Election Night 2000.
lol

well, lets hope when the tomlin led steelers secure their 1st playoff appearance with him at the helm, he doesnt immediately step on an aircraft carrier and declare a superbowl victory!
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:03 PM   #55
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
lol

well, lets hope when the tomlin led steelers secure their 1st playoff appearance with him at the helm, he doesnt immediately step on an aircraft carrier and declare a superbowl victory!

I guess its better then saying he has football experience becausee he coached a little league!! (Yeah, I know, that is quite a obscure referrance. Let's see who actually remembers it and makes the link!)
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:45 PM   #56
rhino
Water Boy

Member Number: 4784

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo View Post
Rush has to make serious bank - a couple of weeks ago I heard him say he felt insulted when someone claimed he only made 12 million a year....

I thougth he was being sarcastic with the grossman stuff based on when he got blasted for the Mcnabb comments on ESPN...
Premiere Radio Networks, the syndicator that gave him the richest deal in radio history, an eight-year, $285 million contract through 2009
rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:03 PM   #57
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino View Post
Premiere Radio Networks, the syndicator that gave him the richest deal in radio history, an eight-year, $285 million contract through 2009
And that doesn't include perks... Speaking engagements, etc.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 06:42 AM   #58
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Good A.M. to everyone
Rush Limbaugh..
'nuf said'
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:55 AM   #59
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

Rush, we're dumping on him because, in a five-point game in the fourth quarter, with the Bears in possession of the ball and still with a very good chance to win, he threw two ridiculous passes in the biggest game of his life. Two interceptions. Buried his own team. Had it been McNabb or Brees or Leftwich or Kitna or Daisuke Matsuzaka, we'd have buried them too.

Exactly. Hush Bimbo (anyone get that reference? ) isn't even telling the truth. McNabb took plenty of guff for "choking" in the Super Bowl--the media claimed he was puking because he couldn't handle the pressure when in fact itwas because of the monster hit Jarvis Green put on him. (Can't remember which Pats fan I heard that from.)

And I hear a lot more media types questioning Tomlin's qualifications than Lane Kiffin's.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 02:54 PM   #60
yinzer-inseattle
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4779

Rush gets paid for opening his mouth, not necessarily thinking beforehand. I'm not a fan of his, but I think this is just a cheeky response to his prior comments.

Supporters and detractors have made this guy out to be a much bigger entity than he deserves.