Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-28-2007, 05:39 PM   #21
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Offical 2006-2007 National Hockey League Thread.

"My face is my mask." - "Gump" Worsley

RIP Lorne John Worsley (1929-2007): http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_490674.html
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:21 PM   #22
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Samsonov placed on waivers: http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2756268

Minus 2000-2001 and 2001-2002, talk about a guy who underachieved for the majority of his career. I remember the talk when he was drafted. You would have thought this guy would be breaking every record in the books. 1 goal in his last 22 games and 7 goals in 52 games total. I'm sure we will have some Penguin fans screaming for Shero to sign him.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 02-06-2007 at 04:34 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:22 PM   #23
BOXCAR JOEY
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 3729

GOOO DEVILS!!!!!!!!!

WIN OR LOSE.........I still bleed black and gold.
Http://www.Myspace.com/Trappedinemerica
BOXCAR JOEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 01:12 AM   #24
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Here is a great, funny and sad video dedicated to our favorite "Assh*le," Gary Bettman (Butt-Head), and everything he's done over the past 15 years to drive the NHL straight into the toilet. Pens fans - pay particular attention to what happened to the Quebec Nordiques - history is in danger of repeating itself. Enjoy nonetheless!

Last edited by X-Terminator; 02-12-2007 at 01:23 AM.
X-Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 03:17 PM   #25
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

So much for the Shane Doan rumors....oh well.

Report: Coyotes agree with RW Doan on five-year deal: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_yl...v=st&type=lgns
Old 02-14-2007, 06:06 PM   #26
BOXCAR JOEY
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Here is a great, funny and sad video dedicated to our favorite "Assh*le," Gary Bettman (Butt-Head), and everything he's done over the past 15 years to drive the NHL straight into the toilet. Pens fans - pay particular attention to what happened to the Quebec Nordiques - history is in danger of repeating itself. Enjoy nonetheless!

yea but when the nordiques moved to colorado they won back to back stanley cups.
i dunno maybe the move will be good for the pens. i've been to a lot of the games over the years and there isnt many people that attend games. Its like here in NJ. at least the devils are getting a new arena with better access to drive up the attendance numbers. Time will tell with what happens to the pens though.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:39 PM   #27
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOXCAR JOEY View Post
yea but when the nordiques moved to colorado they won back to back stanley cups.
i dunno maybe the move will be good for the pens. i've been to a lot of the games over the years and there isnt many people that attend games. Its like here in NJ. at least the devils are getting a new arena with better access to drive up the attendance numbers. Time will tell with what happens to the pens though.
Are you kidding? Pittsburgh has been consistently rated among the top markets in the league for years. Their local broadcast ratings have been in the top 5 or 10 consistently for as many years as I can remember. In the 90s, it was very difficult to get a ticket to a game, to the point where they actually had to add seating to Mellon Arena to meet the demand. Sure, there have been a couple of seasons where attendance suffered, but that's to be expected when the team isn't performing well and you have a GM who was giving our talent away for nothing. But ever since Sidney Crosby was drafted, ticket sales have been brisk. They have already sold out 18 games this season and already have 2 future games sold out. They are filling the building to 95% capacity, which is among the highest in the league (top 3, I believe). Even last season, when the team finished with the second-worst record in the league, they still managed to sell out 12 games and led the league in increased attendance. I'm a season ticket holder and have been since 1999, so I know for a fact that they aren't just "driving up the numbers." The fans are showing up to the games. The interest is there. People in Pittsburgh care about hockey - that is not in dispute, and is the major reason why the league does NOT want to lose this market. It's a huge money maker for them.

As for the Nordiques, the similarities to what happened to them and the current situation with the Pens are thus:

- Young, up-and-coming team loaded with world-class talent (same as the Pens)
- Tried negotiating a deal with Quebec City for a new arena (same as the Pens with Pittsburgh)
- Denver emerges as the most likely candidate to land the team if they could not get an arena deal - a city that had already lost an NHL franchise (just like Kansas City)
- Arena talks break down (Quebec City officials broke off talks), and the team was ultimately sold and then moved to Denver (praying that this DOES NOT happen here)
Old 02-14-2007, 11:31 PM   #28
BOXCAR JOEY
Bench Warmer
Supporter

i know the pens have been a dominant market even when they had the cup teams with lemeiux. i hopin that they dont leave the burgh. if they left, where would i go for a good game of hockey the night before or after a great steelers game? Plus melon arena is one of the few places you can step foot in wearing a devils jersey and not have to worry about having your butt kicked in cuz people dont respect a team. Plus i dont think movin to Kansas City would be a fiscally responsible market to move into. Their isnt much of a fan base to support hockey. Thats why teams down south do not make much revenue due to sales. (exceptions being carolina, dallas, tampa bay, atlanta. They have the fan base that supports ticket revenue to keep the teams in business)

Old 02-15-2007, 09:33 AM   #29
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Old 02-16-2007, 08:12 AM   #30
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

NHL Roundup: Predators swing deal for hobbled Forsberg
Friday, February 16, 2007

From wire dispatches

The Philadelphia Flyers finally traded Peter Forsberg, sending the star center to the Central Division-leading Nashville Predators last night for forward Scottie Upshall, defenseman Ryan Parent and two draft picks.

The Flyers then lost to the Toronto Maple Leafs, 4-2, at home later.

Forsberg, slowed this season by chronic right foot problems, can become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season, and the Flyers decided to get some value for the former NHL MVP rather than risk losing him for nothing.

"We went around and around with Peter for a fair amount of time about making a commitment to us for future years and it appears that he could not and would not do that going forward," Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren said.

Forsberg, 33, from Sweden, is in the final months of a two-year, $11.5 million contract. He had 11 goals and 29 assists in 40 games for the Flyers this season, his second with Philadelphia after 10 years with Quebec and Colorado.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07047/762650-61.stm