Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-25-2007, 02:38 PM   #1
steeler614
Banned

Member Number: 5011
Default 1st round draft picks

who would you like to see get picked at #15? I like Adam Carriker and Paul Pozlusny the more I read about them. our front 7 needs some youth and eventual replacements for Smith and Farrior who still have some game left but are getting up there in age. sigh if only we could draft both of them, thats not gonna happen.
steeler614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:05 PM   #2
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498
Default Re: 1st round draft picks

I'm really impressed with Carriker, Patrick Willis, Poz and Laron Landry. I just have the strangest feeling that Ted Ginn Jr. could actually go on to be one of the top three Cornerbacks in the League. And very possibly THE best.

And it's my opinion that it's about time that we 'seriously' address the position. Along with turnovers i think our inabilty to stop teams from gaining first downs passing on 3rd and giving up big plays for scores through the air,.......is still our greatest weakness. And what's worse is,....the entire league is very much aware of this fact.
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:13 PM   #3
abowens
Water Boy

Member Number: 5079

Ginn is a receiver. Has there been talk of switching him to CB?
abowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:52 PM   #4
BUCKEYE4EVER
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2370

"Ginn is a receiver. Has there been talk of switching him to CB?"
They have been talking about Ginn playing corner at tOSU and in the NFL ever since highschool. He was the no.1 CB on rivals and scout in 2003.
While I think it is possible for him to play corner in the NFL . I don't think its going to happen
because Ginn avoids contact much more than Deion Sanders and we all know Deion wasn't a tackleing machine.
BUCKEYE4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 04:58 PM   #5
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Quote:
Originally Posted by abowens View Post
Ginn is a receiver. Has there been talk of switching him to CB?
I dont think that you or anyone will see him at DB
anytime soon....
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:21 PM   #6
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

poz ran a 4.49... that is good for a big lb for him and hell we can get tim shaw from penn state in the later rds...

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:51 PM   #7
verks36
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 5088

Paul Pozlusny would be a sweet and a perfect fit for the black and gold. He reminds me of URlacher

xbox live gamertag= NtL doubledooky
I dedicate the 36 at the end of my name to thee Jerome bettis

"Working hard beats talent that doesn't work hard."- Kevin Durrant

IF YOU ARE NOT A STEELERS FAN CLICK HERE
---------------------------------------------------->>>>http://vpoet.net/flash/youare.swf

--------------DA Offical Steelers Soulja Boy Dance----------------------
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-F-9s3vWOXk
verks36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:01 PM   #8
Anthony_Smith27
Banned

Member Number: 4935

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyoder6 View Post
poz ran a 4.49... that is good for a big lb for him and hell we can get tim shaw from penn state in the later rds...
no he didn't, he ran in the 4.6's, if he ran a 4.49 he'd shoot up into the top 10

anyway, i'd like him, but not at 15, to much of a reach, and carriker would be a waste of a pick, we don't need an evental replacement for smith right now, it would be stupid to groom a first round pick for 5 years........

anthony spencer or timmons or someone like that is who i think would be best for the steelers
Anthony_Smith27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:21 AM   #9
DACEB
Banned

Member Number: 2911

I don't believe Carriker would be a wasted pick. He could replace Kirschke in the lineup, who is getting up there in age. We do have depth with Nua, Paxson and Bailey but what have they shown. If he is as good and versitile as advertised he could help right away rotating in and out. Besides that is how you stay ahead of the game and avoid the problems we have with our LB's.

I'm not saying he will be our pick but he wouldn't be a bad pick. We can still get a very good pass rushing OLB or DE/OLB at pick 47. A. Spencer, Q. Moses, L. Woodleymight still be available and R. Alexander and E. Everett.

That would be a very impressive group of D-linemen Hampton, Smith, Keisel, Hoke and Carriker. Add maybe Nua to the mix and you have a lot of versitility.
DACEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:58 AM   #10
DACEB
Banned

Member Number: 2911

We've all had alot of time to think about the 15th pick, so maybe some opinions have changed.

While I have thought all along it was an absolute that we would draft defense, with the likelyhood of Starks staying or the possibility of another 1st or 2nd pick for him, that might change.

We very well could draft L. Brown if he is still on the board. That would give us depth that could help in the future with the Faneca issue, freeing up Colon to possibly play at guard along with Kemo.

Another option that I don't believe has been mentioned much, especially with Poz being such a fan favorite, is picking P. Willis. Willis is touted as THE best LB in the draft. Now I know we need more help at OLB but we need depth at LB period. Farrior and Kriewaldt are aging and Wallace has the frame 6'3" 243lbs. to possibly move outside. Besides that the DE position is deep in the draft, even the tweeners that we would be looking at for OLB, and some talent at OLB will still be available at 47.

So what do you think, Patrick Willis ILB at 15 and then DE/OLB or OLB at 47.
DACEB is offline   Reply With Quote