Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-26-2007, 03:36 PM   #1
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Gil Brandt

...So I go to NFL.com to find some tidbits of information about how the new draft recruits did at the combine. Unfortunately You have to manuever through Gil Brandts rabbit trails and "Madden-like" ramblings. Who do I write and thank for Brandts daring insight about...

Quote:
Jordan Kent's dad is the head coach of the basketball team at Oregon. Oklahoma State's D'Juan Woods' brother Rashaun was a first-round pick. UTEP's Jordan Palmer's brother Carson was the No. 1 overall choice. Jared Zabransky from Boise St. is a real physical specimen, and he's going to be tried at safety. Oklahoma's Paul Thompson will be tried at wide receiver.
Jordan Kent's dad is head coach of the Oregon Basketball team!!!! WOW!!!...here I was looking at past performance and combine skill placement. Silly Me!!

Hopefully Tomlin has Gil Brandt on his speed dial to be able to pick up on these nuggets of golden wisdom and not waste our draft pick on some "Blue Chipper" just because he has athletisism, heart, character, and work ethic...I mean who needs those things when your brother was a first round pick!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:20 PM   #2
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751
Default Re: Gil Brandt

Hey, Tommy Aaron played first base.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:29 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,651 Times in 4,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
...So I go to NFL.com to find some tidbits of information about how the new draft recruits did at the combine. Unfortunately You have to manuever through Gil Brandts rabbit trails and "Madden-like" ramblings. Who do I write and thank for Brandts daring insight about...

Jordan Kent's dad is head coach of the Oregon Basketball team!!!! WOW!!!...here I was looking at past performance and combine skill placement. Silly Me!!

Hopefully Tomlin has Gil Brandt on his speed dial to be able to pick up on these nuggets of golden wisdom and not waste our draft pick on some "Blue Chipper" just because he has athletisism, heart, character, and work ethic...I mean who needs those things when your brother was a first round pick!
lol. i take it you dont like "the Godfather". i listen to him on sirius all the time and he knows WAY to much about ALL players and prospects. here:

http://nfl.com/combine/story/10023516

you might find todays day 5 break down, alot more informative.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:53 PM   #4
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
lol. i take it you dont like "the Godfather". i listen to him on sirius all the time and he knows WAY to much about ALL players and prospects. here:

http://nfl.com/combine/story/10023516

you might find todays day 5 break down, alot more informative.
I did check it out and it was...thanks.....but listening to Brandt sometime puts me in fear that he is going to break out into a Joan Rivers Oscar-like rant about "Oh My Gawd!!..Did you See what Tony Ugoh was wearing!!!...Red & Green!!!..Who did he play college ball for?....Christmas University!!"......
Old 02-26-2007, 05:03 PM   #5
tony hipchest

Quote:
I did check it out and it was...thanks.....but listening to Brandt sometime puts me in fear that he is going to break out into a Joan Rivers Oscar-like rant about "Oh My Gawd!!..Did you See what Tony Ugoh was wearing!!!...Red & Green!!!..Who did he play college ball for?....Christmas University!!"......
he is definitely old and slobs on the cowboys as much as madden does farve, is what it is. and he has these phrases that he repeatedly uses, is what it amounts to.

believe it or not, fromer steelers qb is doing quite well on sirius, but he is turning into a younger gil brandt clone, is what it amounts to. he says the same phrases every 3 sentences he speaks, is what it is.

sometimes you wanna bang your head against the wall, is what it amounts to. ...over, and over, and over is what it is.

ultimately they bring some good info to the table, is what it amounts to. but its pretty obvious brandt has forgotten more football than miller knows, is what it is.

Old 02-26-2007, 05:17 PM   #6
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,170 Times in 432 Posts

Quote:
.....but listening to Brandt sometime puts me in fear that he is going to break out into a Joan Rivers Oscar-like rant about "Oh My Gawd!!..Did you See what Tony Ugoh was wearing!!!...Red & Green!!!..Who did he play college ball for?....Christmas University!!"......
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:28 PM   #7
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
he is definitely old and slobs on the cowboys as much as madden does farve, is what it is. and he has these phrases that he repeatedly uses, is what it amounts to.

believe it or not, fromer steelers qb is doing quite well on sirius, but he is turning into a younger gil brandt clone, is what it amounts to. he says the same phrases every 3 sentences he speaks, is what it is.

sometimes you wanna bang your head against the wall, is what it amounts to. ...over, and over, and over is what it is.

ultimately they bring some good info to the table, is what it amounts to. but its pretty obvious brandt has forgotten more football than miller knows, is what it is.

Well what it amounts to is that being irritating is what it is and nothing more..Gil sometimes gets to the point that he wants to fill the airtime is what it is and if he needs to say the samething....what it amounts to is that it must be what it is.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:45 AM   #8
tony hipchest

speaking of joan rivers, this little nugget from todays breakdown is gonna kill you, LLT:
Quote:
There's always something more than just times to observe in the 40-yard dash. For example, Michael Griffin of Texas wore the brightest yellow shoes you've ever seen.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:49 AM   #9
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
speaking of joan rivers, this little nugget from todays breakdown is gonna kill you, LLT:

..check out the Ryan Kalil thread!!!