Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 03-01-2007, 11:18 PM   #11
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: DRAFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony_Smith27 View Post
drafting a DB in the first round would be a huge waste, it is not a need, ike will bounce back and mcfadden will be a stud. no point in wasting a high draft pick on a class that isn't even that good

our true needs in the first round is a DE/OLB player, jarvis moss would be good, anthony spencer would be good, timmons would be good
WHile you may be right about the class not being that good, your wrong in that we don't have a need. We were horrible last year against the pass. That was our CB's.

Your right on LB. We need to get one...

So I say again... for the hundredth time. Pick up a LB/CB in the first round, and the other of the two in FA. Then, Michael Bush in the second, especially since we now let Haynes go.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:34 PM   #12
Anthony_Smith27
Banned

Member Number: 4935

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
WHile you may be right about the class not being that good, your wrong in that we don't have a need. We were horrible last year against the pass. That was our CB's.

Your right on LB. We need to get one...

So I say again... for the hundredth time. Pick up a LB/CB in the first round, and the other of the two in FA. Then, Michael Bush in the second, especially since we now let Haynes go.
no it wasn't, it was the huge lack of a pass rush that hurt or corners all year, they were fine a year ago when we had a good pass rush, and then this year, our pass rush is nowhere to be seen and our corners can only do so much

so with a young fast pass rushing OLB that would fix our problems.

we could use depth at corner, but it's not needed within the first 2 rounds

i'd love to have bush in the second round but with the resigning of dookie i don't see us going running back until the 3rd
Anthony_Smith27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:13 AM   #13
DACEB
Banned

Member Number: 2911

I think at this point only the coaching staff has an idea where we stand in the defensive backfield. We are definetly set at safety, and IMO we are pretty much set at DB with Ike, B-Mac, Townsend and Coke. If the staff believes there is a shut down CB in the draft and it is a need then maybe that's our pick at 15. I don't think so, I agree with A S27, CB will be addressed later in the draft.

IMO we will draft DE/OLB at 15 and another LB at 47 or vise versa, but I strongly believe we will draft two defensive players first. I think the staff already knows who their pick is at 15 and plan on him being there ie. A. Spencer, J. Moss. or Posluszny

I think they will go in the other direction at 47. If they take the DE/OLB at 15, they will take a traditional LB at 47 ie. R. Alexander, E. Everett, S. Bradley or L. Woodley the other way.

O-line can be had in the 3rd or if T. Hunt RB or B. Leonard RB/FB are available would be hard to pass up.

Outside of the obvious help we need at LB on defense, we need depth at OL, CB, and it would be nice to land a BIG RB or WR.
DACEB is offline   Reply With Quote