Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-07-2006, 11:19 PM   #41
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Randy Moss To The Patriots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
brady really cant get the ball downfield can he? youre comparing r. moss to those 3? newsflash- moss has more td receptions in his rookie year than those 3 combined. maybe the reason they have 34 catches is because they suck. oh, and theyre all gone now, along with d. givens and d. branch.

charles rogers- lazy, dopehead, backmouths coaches and the team, doesnt give 100%. what were you saying about disrupting locker room chemistry? must suck when your own team proves you wrong.
See above.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:06 PM   #42
dropKickMurphy
Water Boy

Member Number: 443

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
....Kraft is a cheapo and a miser....
Kraft has invested an enormous amount of his own $$$ into this franchise. That is why the Patriots are ranked as the 2nd most valuable franchise (behind Washington) in the NFL.

Unlike Heinze Field, Gillette was financed ($400 million) entirely with private funds. No taxpayer $$$ went into its construction.

Is that the definition of a miser?
dropKickMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 04:16 PM   #43
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,124 Times in 2,631 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropKickMurphy View Post
Kraft has invested an enormous amount of his own $$$ into this franchise. That is why the Patriots are ranked as the 2nd most valuable franchise (behind Washington) in the NFL.

Unlike Heinze Field, Gillette was financed ($400 million) entirely with private funds. No taxpayer $$$ went into its construction.

it is if hes just spending all that money to build up a property just as an investment or to sell it for a hefty profit. owners like d. snyder and g steinbrenner easilly spend that ammount of money on PAYROLL in an attempt to field the best team possible. in both cases they are usually maxed out every year. you see they are rich and not interrested in saving a penny or concerned about overpaying a kicker or pitcher.

Last edited by tony hipchest; 10-12-2006 at 04:21 PM.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:29 AM   #44
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropKickMurphy View Post

That's right. He's only put up a privately funded stadium, been to 4 SBs, and won three of them. Yeah, a real miser with only himself in mind. The NFL would get down on their knees and beg if it would bring them another owner like Kraft, and a franchise like the Patriots.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:04 PM   #45
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post

This subject has been batted around for a few days now on the Patriots forum, but more as a 'fantasy scenario' rather than something that might actually happen.

NM
stay tuned patfans. john clayton reports belichick LOVES randy moss, and the feelers have already been put out.

and since this never was (and now, most definitely isnt) the case:

Quote:
We have one of the best RB combo's in the league - why would we be airing out long bombs -
this scenario is much closer to reality than initially thought. moss is a numbers guy though and i still feel he'd do much better with farve in green bay
Old 03-05-2007, 06:20 PM   #46
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Chad Jackson, Reche Caldwell...certainly an interesting receiving corps.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:28 PM   #47
tony hipchest

this thread was fun:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post

No, let me guess...you know better than the Patriots and Seahawks (teams that have contested the last 3 SB's) management about a players trade value

NM
uhhh... yeah! football isnt quite rocket science, although im pretty good at that too

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post

how'd that trade work out for the seahawks? they wouldve been better off trading for moss. but then again their mgmt has had a few off season blunders:

not franchising hutchinson
overpaying for burleson
overpaying for branch
peter king seems to agree (as im sure mike holmgren does too):

Quote:
e. I can just feel Mike Holmgren fuming. He's thinking: Last year we let Steve Hutchinson go for $7 million a year, and now $7 million is the going rate for a guard who can walk and chew gum at the same time.

f. I mean it: Mike Holmgren is not happy about this.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:54 AM   #48
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Its hard to say whats going on in Moss's head as regards what he wants from his next team.

Does he value catches/yards/TD's over the chance of getting a ring?

I think he definitely would be happier with the playcalling of the Packers - interceptions dont reflect on a receivers numbers and Brett rarely lets 3/4 interception games make him conservative.

I'd be excited to have Moss on the team, because that would mean the Patriots FO were confident he was the right man - howevere im far from convinced that is the case.

I've read all sorts of crazy stuff on the Patriots board with fans desperate to justify Moss's history - he loves the game, yet takes plays off ...contradictory stuff like that...etc etc

The latest wisdom is that the solid vet presense in the Patriots lockerroom could be enough to make Moss see the error of his ways.

Maybe when Schefter brings something a bit more concrete i'll be excited - he seems to have been spot on so far.

On a related note, i've heard strong rumors (stronger than the Moss ones anyway) that Stallworth is very keen to sign a 1 year deal with the Patriots to show them, and the rest of the league what he can do.

Thats probably contingent on the eagles not re-signing him, who I think are his first choice.

Its one to keep an eye on anyway.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.

Last edited by Livinginthe past; 03-06-2007 at 02:03 AM.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:33 AM   #49
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

clayton just said moss isnt going to the patriots. The reason being they just gave up a second and 7th pick for welker.
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:19 AM   #50
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
clayton just said moss isnt going to the patriots. The reason being they just gave up a second and 7th pick for welker.
yeah he said only if the raiders are dumping him for a 3rd. hard to imagine welker worth a 2nd but moss only worth a third. stallworth is due to visit there today, and ive felt all along if the eagles dont keep him he would wind up a pat. latest words are he has a few strikes against him and may be facing some suspension time for smokin the ganga.

hed be the best wr pats have seen since terry glenn. eagles are stupid to let him go (to any team)