Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 03-09-2007, 09:09 PM   #1
Steeldude
Living Legend

Default Possible LB

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/piscitelli_sabby

sabby piscitelli looks to be an interesting pick. at the combine he was measured at 6', 2" and 226 lbs. with a 40 time around 4.47.

now don't say he is too small. greg lloyd played at 227 lbs. according to the profile they feel he can still add bulk and not drecrease in speed. if the steelers were going to go cover-2 then it would really be somethig to look at. but i feel even in a 3-4 he may be a sleeper for a the LB position.

the only thing i am not sure of is where he is on the draft chart. will he be available in the 2nd, 3rd or later?

here are the combine stats for the DBs...

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/10025995
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:37 AM   #2
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,764 Times in 1,610 Posts
Default Re: Possible LB

he's to small...
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:43 AM   #3
Anthony_Smith27
Banned

Member Number: 4935

anthony spencer is the DE/OLB hybrid player we need
Anthony_Smith27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:36 AM   #4
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

We don't need projects on defense right now. We need guys who can step in and contribute by the middle of the season. These long term projects we've been drafting the past few seasons just haven't been working out for us.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:21 PM   #5
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
We don't need projects on defense right now. We need guys who can step in and contribute by the middle of the season. These long term projects we've been drafting the past few seasons just haven't been working out for us.

most picks after the 3rd round are projects. this was more of a sleeper pick in the later rounds. not one to be used for the first 3 rounds. by the looks of it though piscitelli won't make it past the 2nd round anyway. i prefer drafting LBs in college to play LBs in the NFL. i dislike the DEs trying to make the change to LB in the pros.

random fact for fun - the steelers have only drafted a LB in the first round twice in it's NFL history. they were robin cole and huey richardson.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:10 PM   #6
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?teeldude View Post
most picks after the 3rd round are projects. this was more of a sleeper pick in the later rounds. not one to be used for the first 3 rounds. by the looks of it though piscitelli won't make it past the 2nd round anyway. i prefer drafting LBs in college to play LBs in the NFL. i dislike the DEs trying to make the change to LB in the pros.

random fact for fun - the steelers have only drafted a LB in the first round twice in it's NFL history. they were robin cole and huey richardson.
I reckon the reason the Steelers had so much luck in the lower rounds is because they were one of the few teams actually looking for hybrid DE/OLB type players - now the rest of the league has wised up these same players are disappearing in the 1st and 2nd rounds.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:27 PM   #7
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

I read a football outsider article that the startin linebackers in the nfl were pretty equally distributed between the first five rounds! I.e. 1st round picks are 20
% of starters and 20% of fiftht roundes start as well. This was compared to cloes to 50% of QB's. RB's & 1st WR's being round one. If you look at our d-fense standouts, all pro's, most were later rounds. However, all things being equal, based on our current situation, there is no reason I WOULDN'T pick a LB early. Is Pos still a good shot 1st round?
GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:25 PM   #8
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
I read a football outsider article that the startin linebackers in the nfl were pretty equally distributed between the first five rounds! I.e. 1st round picks are 20
% of starters and 20% of fiftht roundes start as well. This was compared to cloes to 50% of QB's. RB's & 1st WR's being round one. If you look at our d-fense standouts, all pro's, most were later rounds. However, all things being equal, based on our current situation, there is no reason I WOULDN'T pick a LB early. Is Pos still a good shot 1st round?
I am still worried about the CB position. However, for some reason, even though I have been HARPING on it all offseason, I am starting to have a little more confidence in our DB's. Why? WHo knows. probably because its been a few months since I have seen them actually play!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 05:25 AM   #9
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
I reckon the reason the Steelers had so much luck in the lower rounds is because they were one of the few teams actually looking for hybrid DE/OLB type players - now the rest of the league has wised up these same players are disappearing in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

the steelers last few good LBs were brown, lloyd and kirkland. all LBs in college. i am hoping for a LB instead of a gildon/porter type player.