Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-13-2007, 08:46 PM   #1
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498
Default SteelCzar76's Steeler Mock Draft (And yes i'm stickin to it)

1st) Arkansas DE Jamaal Anderson: Most think he won't fall to us,...but IMO he does due to the teams ahead of us drafting for perceived 'need'. (See Mock NFL 1st rnd for details)

2nd) Texas Cb Tarell Brown: Physical cover corner that ran very well at combine. Second only to Chris Houston in regards to quality IMO. But his off field incident last season will cause him to unfairly drop from the 1st. ( However I think he could flourish in a disciplined and conservative enviroment such as ours,...along with a few contract clauses)

3rd) Louisville Rb Michael Bush: Perfect power compliment to Willie. (would be an absolute steal were he to be available here.)

4th) Oregon State WR Jordan Kent: Would provide us some much needed size and athletic talent at the position.

5th) Louisville OT Renardo Foster: Mammoth, talented tackle. But has had some injury concerns. Henceforth the reason he'd be available here. But provides excellent quality for a 5th round selection. (and in light of the fact that we already have a 'log jam' in regards to O-lineman)

6th) Oklahoma State DE Victor Degrate: He played out of position at DE and could possibly flourish as an OLB for us. He's an aggressive 'high motor' kid with solid athletic ability. Plays with a mean streak and could be a 'diamond in the rough'.

7th) B.Y.U Qb John Beck: Is a little undersized but is a very accurate passer with good mobility. Is also an intelligent 'High Character' player. (And i feel St. Pierre is a waste of roster space)
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:03 PM   #2
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts
Default Re: SteelCzar76's Steeler Mock Draft (And yes i'm stickin to it)

It would be great if he falls to us. However, is there one possible gamestopper we could use that might even be be worth trading up for? remember, we have traded up twice in the last few years with good results (i,e. Polamalu).
GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:48 PM   #3
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

I like it. We would need to trade picks to get Anderson, but the Steelers are always good at that
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:25 AM   #4
Viper830
Water Boy

Member Number: 5146

i like getting Bush in the third round but i think he'll be off the board by then unless they work some deals like they did last year to get Holmes and then getting multple picks in later rounds where the steelers seem to find the core of their teams.
Viper830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:11 PM   #5
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper830 View Post
i like getting Bush in the third round but i think he'll be off the board by then unless they work some deals like they did last year to get Holmes and then getting multple picks in later rounds where the steelers seem to find the core of their teams.

It seems like most feel LB & DE/CB are priorities plus many feel we need to shore up the O-line. I think if we found a steal at running back we'd look at it, but I'd be surprised if we'd also give away picks to move up and pick one. Willie/Poo ain't a bad combo. As far as our core being from late rounds...probably not so much last year. I hope Tomlin pulls this draft out of his ass. We could use a strong draft this year.
GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote