Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Steelers Experience

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-09-2007, 04:24 PM   #21
BOXCAR JOEY
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 3729
Default Re: Players around town

I seen jerome bettis driving once. it was awesome cuz i just drove into the city after my cross state drive and i was like OMG its Bettis!

WIN OR LOSE.........I still bleed black and gold.
Http://www.Myspace.com/Trappedinemerica
BOXCAR JOEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:37 PM   #22
polamalufan43
Team President

Location: Where the streets are paved in black and gold stones
Member Number: 3344

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkFlea View Post
I haven't seen any of the players myself, but a buddy of mine does all the time.

He works at a car dealership which a lot of the Steelers go to. He said the other week Roethlisberger came in and while there, slipped on a big rubber doormat. I guess it was wet or something. Anyway, he was about to go down big time when his bodygaurd cought him. I can only imagine the lawsuit if he had got hurt!
Wow, Ben has a bodyguard. With the luck he has I would have expected a SWAT team, lol... jk jk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I can picture a surrealistic scene out of an old "Frankenstein" movie - citizens of the 'Burgh storming the dealership with torches in their hands....
I think instead of torches it would be terrible towels, and everyone would be wearing Steelers gear....

~Polamalufan43
Old 03-10-2007, 08:55 AM   #23
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

i would think he would have the national guard protecting him..lol

maybe this way he would not be so prone to accidents..lol

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:44 PM   #24
steelpinstripe72
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2881

Quote:
Originally Posted by NV STEELERS 723 View Post
How come nobody ever talks about meeting Bill Cowher or if they have how was he?
I've never met him, but I know someone who has. This girl and I were at Ithaca College together - she's from the `Burgh, and she went to school and was friends with Cowher's oldest daughter. Had 3rd row seats behind the bench for the games and got to go to Super Bowl XL. To her, he's just a normal guy, her friend's dad.
steelpinstripe72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:50 AM   #25
DJfan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1676

Does vegas count? I went into a cigar shop to buy and had my jersey on (as always). Guy said that Troy left the shop about 10 minutes before I came in. Too bad. I had his jersey on. Went looking for him, but never did see him. Closest I have come.

http://www.socalsteelcitymafia.com
DJfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:07 PM   #26
PAMillerGrrl83
Starter

Member Number: 3274

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
although i wouldnt have mind being the doormat
LoL I dont think I would've wanted Big Ben to step on me, lay on me, yes, step on me...no thanks LoL.

~*Heath Miller: Honakers Finest*~
PAMillerGrrl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:41 PM   #27
LarryNJ
Starter

Member Number: 2857

OK..I'm going to show my age a little but:

Willie Stargell several times while I was a bus boy at Kings back in the mid 70's. Franco Harris at a bar called Alexander Graham Bells downtown in the late 70's. Ronnie Francis at a resturant in Greentree. I never ask for autographs I just said hello and shock their hands.
LarryNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:58 AM   #28
caligirlsteelerfan86
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 560

Quote:
Originally Posted by NV STEELERS 723 View Post
How come nobody ever talks about meeting Bill Cowher or if they have how was he?
I meet Cowher over the summer during training camp. I was in town for visiting family and my Dad took me out to his local bar one night. He told me Cowher usually shows up pretty late (guessing after all his meeting, ect). We were at Spitfire Grill in Greensburg, having some beers, and it was getting late I think little after 11:00PM (I was up for 24 hrs...thats why I say late). Very nice mercedes parks across the street, and my Dad says..."cohwers here". He sat up at the bar with a few older guys, talking and having a few beers. My Dad said, "Here is your chance, go up and shake his hand". I didn't want to bother him, sure he had a long day. The waitress came over, so I decided to get a beer for Cowher...Rolling Rock. When he got his beer the waitress pointed at me, and I went up and congrat him on the Super Bowl and wished him the best for the season. He was friendly, thanked me for the beer, and had some small talk. My Dad and I wear leaving Cowher came over to say goodbye and thanks for the beer again. I'm not sure why...but I thought he wouldn't be as friendly. But, he was really cool. Wish I got a pic with him, but thought that was pushing it.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:23 AM   #29
Buzz05
Team Captain

Member Number: 2482

I met Hines and Deshae at Hine's bar on the South Side. The LockerRoom. He owns it with Jerome. Hines was a real nice guy, he was behind the bar helping out. I asked him if I could by him a shot, 1 for him and 1 for all my friends and I said his choice. We ended up getting 6 Jager Bombs total. he charged me like $20. real classy guy. Nice guy. Got our picture takin with him. The I told him to kick the hell outa the Clowns since they were playin them on Sunday (This was the Super Bowl year right before we blanked them in Cleveland). Deshae was nice too, talkative with us. But we all wanted to talk to Hines. Couldnt have asked for a better host.
Buzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote