Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Steelers Experience

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-29-2007, 11:29 AM   #11
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: When, oh when will it ever end???

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachspeak33 View Post
Here is a question:

Would you take TJ Houshmanzadeh?

Even though he wiped his feet on the terrible towel.
In the immortal words of Anthony Smith, looking down at a fetal-positioned TJ Houshmanzadeh (after Smith jacked him up)...."Wipe Your Feet on THAT!!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:58 AM   #12
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
If a cowgirls fan is gonna bring up "stealing"..they may want to look at T.O.'s contract!!!!They got their own issues to deal with....also may want to bring up..."Well..we wernt playing the cowboys and couldnt bet on having the game handed to us by a butterfingered QB"

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:00 PM   #13
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
In the immortal words of Anthony Smith, looking down at a fetal-positioned TJ Houshmanzadeh (after Smith jacked him up)...."Wipe Your Feet on THAT!!!

OK...did he really say that or are you just makin' that up?
Old 03-29-2007, 02:10 PM   #14
Florida_Steelers_Fan
Starter

Member Number: 4759

even if he didn't, it sure sounds like something an intelligent steeler would say!!
Old 03-29-2007, 02:18 PM   #15
polamalufan43
Team President

Location: Where the streets are paved in black and gold stones
Member Number: 3344

Well, I applaud you for keeping your cool. As for the cowgirl fans, well...

They're just jealous, suck it up and MOVE ON!!!

~Polamalufan43
Old 03-29-2007, 07:28 PM   #16
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphissteelergirl View Post
So last night I'm at choir rehearsal at my church. I have on my Bettis jersey and a couple of the musicians start a little trash talk (they are CryBoy fans). At first I took it in stride...all in fun, right? So one of them asks "What ever made you think the Steelers were any good?" My answer: "Oh, 5 Super Bowl Rings." So he comes back with "And how many of those did they steal." Y'all, I really had to remember I was in church. So I put my hand up and said, "Hey, stop right there. I am not gonna go there with you." He let it drop then.

OK, we are one season removed from the SB and people are still raggin' that the game was given to us by the officiating. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am getting a little sick of having to defend the Steelers' win in SBXL. Never mind that it was arguably the greatest playoff run in NFL history-a 6th seed winning the whole thing??? C'mon now!!

Anyway, that's my vent for the day...
Dont let them do that crap, almost on every team forum in the nfl they all say that the officals were bribed, or cheated or somethign for us but they just say that becuase their team either wasnt there or they lost so u know its just being a sore loser, and ask ur cryboy fans "whens the last time you guys have been to the SB... recently....i think not"

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:40 PM   #17
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,063 Times in 945 Posts

Quote:
So last night I'm at choir rehearsal at my church. I have on my Bettis jersey and a couple of the musicians start a little trash talk (they are CryBoy fans). At first I took it in stride...all in fun, right? So one of them asks "What ever made you think the Steelers were any good?" My answer: "Oh, 5 Super Bowl Rings." So he comes back with "And how many of those did they steal." Y'all, I really had to remember I was in church. So I put my hand up and said, "Hey, stop right there. I am not gonna go there with you." He let it drop then.

OK, we are one season removed from the SB and people are still raggin' that the game was given to us by the officiating. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am getting a little sick of having to defend the Steelers' win in SBXL. Never mind that it was arguably the greatest playoff run in NFL history-a 6th seed winning the whole thing??? C'mon now!!

Anyway, that's my vent for the day...
MSG - I committed my life to JC 6 weeks ago Anyway. Ref's are human. '78 cowboys blame the superbowl loss on Swann tripping over Cliff Harris (I think) and a couple other flukes (ref in the way, etc.) Bottom line, it is what it is! Don't blame the ref's!

Last edited by GBMelBlount; 03-30-2007 at 06:37 AM.
GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:49 AM   #18
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

Well, y'all...here is part 2 of the story.

Sunday morning before the first service at our church I thought I would extend the olive branch to the musician who was giving me a hard time about my being a Steelers fan last week. I went over to him and apologized for my anger the week before.

His response (slightly paraphrased): "Hey, I got no problem...I know your team's garbage. If your team had really earned those Super Bowls like the Cowboys did theirs."

All right, I try to be the bigger person and I get shot down ...oh, well. But I am not gonna let this get to me. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one. Like I said before, for the most part he's a good guy...just very much a Cowgirl fan...a rather bitter one it seems.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:04 AM   #19
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
Old school Cowboys fans stillthink we stole one from them in the 70s. Maybe one of the um um elder(is that the socially correct word) SF members remembers which one 10 or 13, the cowboys went on and on about how the refs gave it to us. I love a sore loser.
It was SB XIII, and it was due to a PI call on Benny Barnes after his and Lynn Swann's feet got tangled up. That isn't why the Cowboys lost the game, however. They lost because Bradshaw had a career game against them that day and Jackie Smith couldn't hold onto the damn ball in the end zone. Case closed. To say that the refs "gave" us that game is as ridiculous as the notion of O'Donnell being paid to throw SB XXX. We lost XXX because on his best day O'Donnell was an average QB and he wilted under championship game pressure.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:12 AM   #20
Stainless Steel
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4986

Quote:
Well, y'all...here is part 2 of the story.

Sunday morning before the first service at our church I thought I would extend the olive branch to the musician who was giving me a hard time about my being a Steelers fan last week. I went over to him and apologized for my anger the week before.

His response (slightly paraphrased): "Hey, I got no problem...I know your team's garbage. If your team had really earned those Super Bowls like the Cowboys did theirs."

All right, I try to be the bigger person and I get shot down ...oh, well. But I am not gonna let this get to me. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one. Like I said before, for the most part he's a good guy...just very much a Cowgirl fan...a rather bitter one it seems.
We gotta love 'em. We don't have to agree with them. God overlooks such ignorance. (Acts 17:30) So should we.

He is obviously a very immature Christian. Just keep a distance about football to maintain unity.

Stainless Steel is offline   Reply With Quote