Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 03-31-2007, 07:57 PM   #11
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498
Default Re: Steelers Like FSU's Timmons

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
he's very undersized at 6'0 234 lbs

and still bigger than greg lloyd.

And being that Lloyd was an 'exception' to the rule. Do you mean to say that you believe Timmons posseses such ability ? If so wouldn't it stand to reason that if he did,.....there would no talk of any other backer even being in his 'class' this year ?
And how could he even be considered less than a 'top ten lock' by any if he indeed even gave scouts a slight impression that he could be mentioned in the same catagory as Lloyd ?
Knock it off.
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:11 PM   #12
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,312 Times in 1,831 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
And being that Lloyd was an 'exception' to the rule. Do you mean to say that you believe Timmons posseses such ability ? If so wouldn't it stand to reason that if he did,.....there would no talk of any other backer even being in his 'class' this year ?
And how could he even be considered less than a 'top ten lock' by any if he indeed even gave scouts a slight impression that he could be mentioned in the same catagory as Lloyd ?
Knock it off.
did i compare him to llyod in any way other than size? did the steelers know lloyd was the exception when they drafted him in the 6th rd?
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:22 PM   #13
SteelCzar76
Banned

Quote:
did i compare him to llyod in any way other than size? did the steelers know lloyd was the exception when they drafted him in the 6th rd?

I know what you meant to say M.O.P. And you have a valid point in terms of a player 'shocking the world' so to speak. But my point was as such,.......is this a 'gamble' that you want to take in the FIRST ROUND of any draft ? (let alone with a pick as high as 15th ?)
Old 03-31-2007, 08:27 PM   #14
Anthony_Smith27
Banned

Member Number: 4935

Quote:
i'd fell better about poslunszy

1. Paul Posluszny, Penn State, 6-2, 238: He has a rare combination of instinct, athleticism and toughness. Posluszny is stout enough to take on and shed a lead blocker to get to a runner and fluid enough to be effective in pass coverage. NFL Hall of Famer Jack Ham called him "the best linebacker ever to play at Penn State." High praise considering Penn State is known as "Linebacker U." Posluszny's toughness was reflected by his request for a shot to numb the pain, so he could return to the field after tearing knee ligaments in the Orange Bowl during his junior season. He might move inside at the next level.
screw that, we need a pass rusher, poz isn't a pass rusher, he only has 9 sacks in his college career, might as well get shaw, he gets to the qb more.
Anthony_Smith27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:21 PM   #15
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

I saw Lloyd in person. shorts, cutoff type top. Unbelievable beast though not huge. I think there are people that outperform their size. He was one. Anyway, I guess is it 3-4 for now? If so, who is the best? In 3-4 the OL's rush right? So who be it? Doesn't it complicate/change situation IF we change "D"? And IMHO do we have more needs at Linebacker than O-line? Sorry if I changed the subject.
GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:03 AM   #16
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206

its all over sports rumor sites i guess its realiable

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 03:16 AM   #17
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,312 Times in 1,831 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
I know what you meant to say M.O.P. And you have a valid point in terms of a player 'shocking the world' so to speak. But my point was as such,.......is this a 'gamble' that you want to take in the FIRST ROUND of any draft ? (let alone with a pick as high as 15th ?)
wel lif you new what i meant then what the hell was your rebuttle all about?i in no way shape or form did i compare timmons to lloyd skill wise.my only point was he is bigger than one of the best 3-4 outside linebackers to ever play the position.would he be my choice at pick 15? hell no!! scroll up a few post and you'll see my thoughts on it. but what i do know is every pick is "a gamble", reguardless of where they get drafted.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:50 AM   #18
polamalufan43
Team President

Location: Where the streets are paved in black and gold stones
Member Number: 3344

Just to add to the talk
http://nfl.aolsportsblog.com/2007/03...st-in-timmons/

Steelers Drool Over Timmons

There's not a whole lot of Steelers news today, but John Harris does put the pieces together to spotlight the Steelers' interest in Florida State outside linebacker Lawrence Timmons.

As Harris points out, the Steelers were the only team whose head coach was at FSU's pro day to watch Timmons work out. Timmons will come to visit the Steelers before the draft, and the Steelers seemed to pay special attention to Timmons at the combine.

It all makes sense. The Steelers are in need of a youth movement at outside linebacker, and Timmons is one of the few linebackers on the board who fits as an outside linebacker in the 3-4 (there are a number of college defensive ends who fit the bill as well, but they'll have to get comfortable playing linebacker).

But as Harris' points out, there are some concerns about Timmons as well. His 4.63 40-yard dash time at pro day was even worse than his 4.60 at the combine, and he's still somewhat raw--as much potential as a finished product--with work to do on diagnosing plays and developing his ball recognition skills in pass coverage.

The much bigger concern is that Timmons was clearly out of shape at the pro day work out. As Ryan Wilson noted earlier at the Fanhouse, it led to Timmons' agent Drew Rosenhaus promising that Timmons would be in shape by minicamp.

That right there makes it really hard to want Timmons as the Steelers' first-round pick. As a draft prospect, the only work you have to do between January-April is make sure that you are in the absolute best shape of your life. Considering that dropping just 10 spots in the draft can make a multi-million dollar difference, it's hard to envision what could keep a player from staying in shape.

But the biggest question is, if Timmons can't stay in shape now, with big money contracts being dangled in front of him, why is he going to work hard once he's drafted and signed, when he already has money in the bank?

~Polamalufan43
Old 04-01-2007, 04:43 PM   #19
SteelCzar76
Banned

Quote:
wel lif you new what i meant then what the hell was your rebuttle all about?i in no way shape or form did i compare timmons to lloyd skill wise.my only point was he is bigger than one of the best 3-4 outside linebackers to ever play the position.would he be my choice at pick 15? hell no!! scroll up a few post and you'll see my thoughts on it. but what i do know is every pick is "a gamble", reguardless of where they get drafted.

Oh,....that wasn't 'Hellish rebuttle' on my part P. And yes,....all picks are a 'Gamble' ULTIMATELY but at the very least one can play the odds.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:07 PM   #20
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Polomalufan... that was a very good post and thanks for sharing it with us. I dont know about anyone else but if a player has his agent come out and make that coment instead of doing it himself I would be kind of concerned about drafting the guy myself. Seems like Timmons has some growing up to do and take charge of his career/life..
Jesus Is Lord
Elvis
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote