Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 04-03-2007, 02:56 PM   #1
steeldogAL
Water Boy

Member Number: 5019
Talking STEELERS DRAFT

I think that the STEELERS should stay right where we are at #15. We can draft a replacement for Joey, with Jarviss Moss or Patrick Willis. And we definitely do need a big back to compliment Willie. We can draft this big back in the second or third round with either Michael Bush or Hunt. Offensive lineman can be drafted late and still become great players, it makes no sense to take an OL high in the first round. All I know is that we need a big back and a great linebacker to fill the hole left by Joey. I would love for us to move up and take Adrian Peterson but I doubt we do that. As long as we get a linebacker in the first round like: Posluzny, Willis, Moss, or Timmons that would be great. And of course a big back in the second. GO STEELERS!

Old 04-03-2007, 03:08 PM   #2
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800
Default Re: STEELERS DRAFT

Steelers won't get a back in the second. Maybe 4th-7th, if they even get a back.
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:26 PM   #3
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

And the obsession with the 'big back' continues.

Patrick Willis is an ILB so I don't see how he can be a replacement for Joey Porter.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:53 PM   #4
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206

we dont need a back

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:10 PM   #5
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

We don't need a RB? We don't need a starting RB. Willie is just fine. But come'on would you really be comfortable with Dookie as the main RB if Willie went down with serious injury? I know I wouldn't and I think drafting a RB on the first day of the draft would be a very smart idea.

Plus other then Willie or Dookie there is much there at RB not unless the coaches really think Jon Kuhn is going to be a player.lol
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:11 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,098 Times in 3,458 Posts

we usually have 4 h-backs on the roster, plus kreider as the fullback.

jerome
duce
verron
willie

verron
willie
duce
najeh

willie
najeh

we need 2 backs.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:46 PM   #7
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Value may dictate that we take a back on the first day...OLB..CB...OT... and Punter are the only positions I would put over RB..and we can get a very good punter in the 5th round. If there is a run on CB's or OT's...I would grab Hunt or Leonard in the second or Wright in the 3rd before I reached for a CB or OT in those rounds....The way I look at it is...If we are up in the second..do I want Tony Hunt as a RB ... Tanard Jackson as a CB...or Ryan Harris as an OT?....I personally see very little difference between Tanard Jackson in the second or C.J. Gaddis in the fourth....or Ryan Harris in the second and Brandon Frye in the fourth....BUT the difference between Hunt and a fourth or fifth rounder is pretty significant.

Last edited by lamberts-lost-tooth; 04-03-2007 at 06:46 PM.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:30 PM   #8
steelcitysfinestXL
Water Boy

Member Number: 5286

WHY DOES EVERYONE INSIST WE DRAFT A CORNER ON DAY ONE IF AT ALL!!!! Yes we do need to draft a running back. If we get a LB and WR in the first 2 rounds (not neccessarily i that order either) look for us to take a long look at a few running backs that may slip to the third round. he doesnt have to be big but it would help. I think if the steelers havent started to narrow down the takent in the first round to 2-4 potential 1st round picks, the we should shop our pick for a later 1st rounder and a extra 2nd and/or 3rd. Somebody big may fall into our lap at 15, i mean who the hell thought Lienhart and bush would drop the way they did??? Theres alot of late 1st and 2nd rnd. potential at LB and besides Gaines Adams and Calvin Johnson,i dont think there is much separation between the rest of the WR's and LB's in the 1st and 2nd round.
steelcitysfinestXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:39 PM   #9
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,656 Times in 1,580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
WHY DOES EVERYONE INSIST WE DRAFT A CORNER ON DAY ONE IF AT ALL!!!! Yes we do need to draft a running back. If we get a LB and WR in the first 2 rounds (not neccessarily i that order either) look for us to take a long look at a few running backs that may slip to the third round. he doesnt have to be big but it would help. I think if the steelers havent started to narrow down the takent in the first round to 2-4 potential 1st round picks, the we should shop our pick for a later 1st rounder and a extra 2nd and/or 3rd. Somebody big may fall into our lap at 15, i mean who the hell thought Lienhart and bush would drop the way they did??? Theres alot of late 1st and 2nd rnd. potential at LB and besides Gaines Adams and Calvin Johnson,i dont think there is much separation between the rest of the WR's and LB's in the 1st and 2nd round.
lol.....ummmmm the steelers were 10th in the league in rushing yds gained...and 20th in the league in giving up passing yards. hmmmmmm....10.....20....yeah your right....
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:05 PM   #10
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
we usually have 4 h-backs on the roster, plus kreider as the fullback.

jerome
duce
verron
willie

verron
willie
duce
najeh

willie
najeh

we need 2 backs.

I didn't think we need them early do you? IMHO. willie, poo, is a decent 1,2, plus, isn't Verron comin back if fully healed, etc.? With the monster draft at WR (unlike last year), can we pick up a beast WR before RB? Probably not, Oh well. But Crap! Tomlin sounds like he will look at best available more than 1st need...interesting!
GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote