Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room > Well Wishes

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-12-2007, 02:39 PM   #11
polamalufan43
Team President

Location: Where the streets are paved in black and gold stones
Member Number: 3344
Default Re: Prayers Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydfan4life View Post
FCG, you know that Woodsonsgirl and I have both you and your brother in our prayers!
Hope all is going well with him!
If there are anymore updates please don't hesitate to share them

~Polamalufan43
Old 03-22-2007, 12:37 PM   #12
herewegosteelers
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3250

My prayers are with you & your brother. Please take care of yourself.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:47 PM   #13
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

A little update. Terry is on alot of meds to try to keep him stable. His doctor set some eating and exercising guidelines for him. He tells me that he is trying to walk but has alot of trouble going very far or fast. He said that as soon as his heart rate starts to go up, he has terrible chest pains. Very frightening, I'm sure. He has an appoinment with the doctor in a couple of weeks and plans to discuss it with him them. I tried to encourage him to give him a call now, but he won't. Uggghhhh! I just keep telling myself he's being treated at the Cleveland Clinic.....they have to know what they're doing......

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:51 PM   #14
SteelShooter
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2156

Our prayers continue FCG.....................

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." -Ambrose Redmoon.
SteelShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:09 AM   #15
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Prayers for a supernatural healing that only Christ can provide!!!
Prayers for the doctors and nurses who are caring for him!!
Prayers for you and his family that God's peace would be with you all

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:12 AM   #16
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Thank you both. I've shared with him that prayers are going up for him from those in the Steeler Nation. You are very much appreciated. Foremost on his mind is his 7 yr old son.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:43 AM   #17
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by floodcitygirl View Post
A little update. Terry is on alot of meds to try to keep him stable. His doctor set some eating and exercising guidelines for him. He tells me that he is trying to walk but has alot of trouble going very far or fast. He said that as soon as his heart rate starts to go up, he has terrible chest pains. Very frightening, I'm sure. He has an appoinment with the doctor in a couple of weeks and plans to discuss it with him them. I tried to encourage him to give him a call now, but he won't. Uggghhhh! I just keep telling myself he's being treated at the Cleveland Clinic.....they have to know what they're doing......
I don't mean to frighten you here, FCG, but I'm telling you - this sounds just like what Ken told me he was experiencing (which he hid from everyone, including his doctors) before he finally realized that something just wasn't right. It is going to take something drastic to scare your brother into seeking medical attention, though I believe he needs to get his fandanny to the cardiologist ASAP. He isn't going to listen to you or anyone else - men are stubborn that way as we ladies know - and that is extremely frustrating when you care about someone and can plainly see what they talk themselves into not seeing. All you can do at this point is suggest to him that he not wait a couple of weeks to advise his cardiologist of what he has been experiencing and hope that he takes your advice. I know all too well that trying to push those stubborn mules to do anything they don't want to do (or in this case as well as with Ken, as I believe - are AFRAID to do) only ends up giving you chest pains. Would he go off on you if you called his cardiologist yourself? This guy needs to be seen immediately and stop playing around, hoping it will just go away!!!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:10 AM   #18
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

I understand what you're saying, HTG. Believe me, I said as much as I could. I don't know his cardiologist and I live 4 hours away. He has a wife. He is stubborn and I'm the baby. His cardiologist was very aware of the angina and pain in his arm that he was experiencing before and still let him go without a procedure. He wants to try to correct it with meds, diet and exercise. The problem is at this point, that Terry is afraid to exercise because of the pain he experiences. He said it feels like he's having a heart attack. I'm going to contact one of my brothers and see if he will intervene. I don't know that Terry will respond even to him. Is there a "special" prayer for male muleness????

Old 04-04-2007, 10:09 AM   #19
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by floodcitygirl View Post
Is there a "special" prayer for male muleness????
I don't know the answer to that one, but if all else fails, a good kick in the arse with a pointed toe shoe might do the trick.

You may want to try a little emotional blackmail to get him to open up his eyes. I don't know how old his children are (can't remember if you told me if he had children or not), but age doesn't matter in this case. Show him pics of his kids and stress to him that if he doesn't do something about his medical situation now, he may not live long enough to have the privilege of watching them grow into adults. If it wasn't for Zac, Ken probably wouldn't be here now. It took Zac recognizing that something was terribly wrong with Ken and running in to tell me that got him to wake up and smell the coffee. Kids have this amazing magical power over us adults - I'm sure you know that all too well.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:24 PM   #20
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Threaten him with no football. If he comes over during the season, he has to sit in a different room that is sound proof and has no tv, radio, or internet.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote