Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-10-2007, 08:46 PM   #11
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530
Default Re: Goalies

Wow! You guys are rock-stars. Thanks so much for filling me in with your opinions & links. I grew up in NJ and the penguins were never on tv. My only experience watching them was against the Rangers in the playoffs en route to Stanley Cup #2. It was the game with the Lemieux penalty shot. I don't know how my dad got tickets, but it was the best birthday present a kid could get.

Aside from that, I used to listen to them on my shortwave radio - haha. Even when I was supposed to be sleeping, I put the radio under my pillow and listened (probably not a good move cancer-wise, in retrospect). I was the only kid in my town that fully understood the meaning of phrases such as "Elvis has left the building" and "scratch my back with a chainsaw."

Tom Barrasso was my hero, so it's disappointing to find out that he was such a jerk. But from those articles I feel confident that there's nothing like that going on now. In fact, the entire team seems to get a long pretty well. It's exciting to see them play so well again.

Thanks again, & Go Pens!!
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:02 AM   #12
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Goalies

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.C. Lights View Post
Tom Barrasso was my hero, so it's disappointing to find out that he was such a jerk. But from those articles I feel confident that there's nothing like that going on now. In fact, the entire team seems to get a long pretty well. It's exciting to see them play so well again.

Thanks again, & Go Pens!!
Glad to hear you enjoyed the articles I.C. Lights. Barrasso's daughter has cancer and from my understanding he did alot in the area for cancer patients. He seems like a good guy at heart, but he was just an a-hole when it came to being a teammate.

The really sad part is that he could have been loved in this city (some people still do) if he wasn't such an a-hole towards Aubin and the media. At the end of the day though, there is no doubt that if we didn't have Tommy B. we wouldn't have won two Stanley Cups. I tend to keep that in mind when all is said and done. Some of the same idiots who boo him when his name is announced for any reason or bash the hell out of the guy any chance they get are probably the same idiots who were cheering his name back in the early 90's and I'm sure just as many didn't even have season tickets back then. Go figure.

The way I look at it. The guy was a jerk towards the media and Aubin, but he never insulted the fans, he won this city two cups and he did alot in the community. That's why I don't boo the guy like an idiot. I don't respect him as much as I do Ulf, Lemieux, Francis, Recchi, Murphy, Coffey and the rest of the crew, but I will not boo the guy.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 04-11-2007 at 08:39 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote