Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Help Center > Feedback & Support

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 05:49 PM   #51
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,383 Times in 502 Posts
Default Re: LITP needs to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrabt View Post
As long as he is a mod here this will always be an issue and it will never go away until he steps down as a mod.
Just wait it out, and there will be turnover. What is the typical shelf life of a mod, anyway? I've used this approach with bad bosses that I've had in the past (in situations that actually mattered) and it's worked, so why not apply the same idea here? Do I like having a Pats fan as a mod? Not particularly. However, it ain't my board - I don't pay to host it, and I don't pay for the bandwidth.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:52 PM   #52
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

I am as die hard a Steelers fan as you will find but I don't see the problem with LITP being a mod here. Yinz can bicker amongst yourselves. I'm done with this thread.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:55 PM   #53
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Lets all be honest,regardless of which side of the LITP/MOD issue you fall on....ANYONE who thought that Suit did not handle himself is perhaps the worst way possible is kidding themselves...

....Suit was not involved in just a run-in with a MOD...but was also very publicly "at odds" with three other forum members..who apparantly were not allowed to have their own opinions....

...AND he left once before after a VERY public problem with another forum member....Personally I got along with Suit...but I have to be true to myself and say that he did not see a point in shrugging off opposing views and just moving on.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:59 PM   #54
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,427 Times in 2,373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Just wait it out, and there will be turnover. What is the typical shelf life of a mod, anyway? I've used this approach with bad bosses that I've had in the past (in situations that actually mattered) and it's worked, so why not apply the same idea here? Do I like having a Pats fan as a mod? Not particularly. However, it ain't my board - I don't pay to host it, and I don't pay for the bandwidth.
True, but that only works if that boss doesn't come after you first and gets ya canned.

And yes suit deserved it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 04-12-2007, 06:02 PM   #55
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,986 Times in 4,552 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
I debated staying out of this one because I havent really had time to spend on this board as i've been busy with a new job and getting married and what not. But here's my opinion on this. For one I agree that litp has to go, if he cared about the integrity of the board he would step down. This board has turned into a circus since he was named mod. He has pissed off countless people. I think he sticks around because he loves the drama. Kinda steelerfevers own drama queen. I have been personally attacked by litp, he picks and chooses when to play along with the rules. Bottom line.... This board doesnt need this kind of press.
the board hasnt turned into a circus since litp became mod. this board has had typical board dynamics long before he became mod. in fact the "circus" has been trimmed down from 3 rings to 2 clowns and a juggling act. some people actually go to the circus for fun and entertainment. part of the fun is that someone may get hurt. (someone fall off the high wire, the lion bite off the lion tamers head, someone not catch their partner on the trapeeze etc.) typical suspense and drama that people pay to see.

there was plenty of typical drama and cyberbattles that went on before litp became mod. litp and myself can attest to this as well as anyone. does that mean i hate litp or posters such as hardwork, bengalbrian, or geez aka sniffsmyanus? of course not. i'll talk shit to them anytime.

this always gets blown way out of proportion. an argument is healthy every once in a while. and while this board is nowhere near jerry springer, theres a reason people would tune in to watch. i know most members of this board (like myself) are not the type to even tune in to jerry springer (except for our resident bunglefans), and this board is nowhere near that so lets not be paranoid and act like it is. a little drama never killed anyone though.

as far as a patfan as a mod, i think i can speak for everybody on this board when i say no steelerfan is a member of a steelers board to constantly hear a mod demean and bash the steelers or their fans convictions. i would expect a moderator to be a fan of the steelers or atleast show utmost respect to the the team and most loyal and knowledgable fanbase out there. i dont even care if a mod pretends. on a steelers site a mod should be a representative and an ambassador of the black and gold.

otherwise whats the point? i think litp is realizing this.

now bring in the clowns! (and the bear on a bicycle is always cool)
Old 04-12-2007, 06:03 PM   #56
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,383 Times in 502 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrabt View Post
True, but that only works if that boss doesn't come after you first and gets ya canned.
Well, anyone who sticks their neck out and hands the party they're at odds with a knife, they're kinda bringing it on themselves, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim View Post
SOMEONE has to ban me..
Old 04-12-2007, 06:07 PM   #57
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,427 Times in 2,373 Posts

yep I wasnt using suit or anyone else as an example, he whole heartedly deserved it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 04-12-2007, 06:10 PM   #58
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
or do I need to go to the BengalBoard to see the dollar Bengalmenu.... ?
dont bother. theres only one item to browse on the bengalmenu. a billion bengalbucks will bengalbuy you 1 bengalbooger rolled into a bengalball.

now say that 3X real fast
Old 04-12-2007, 06:34 PM   #59
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
dont bother. theres only one item to browse on the bengalmenu. a billion bengalbucks will bengalbuy you 1 bengalbooger rolled into a bengalball.

now say that 3X real fast
yuck...a bengalbrian bengalboogerball!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 06:41 PM   #60
tony hipchest
Supporter

until the false dreams of the marvin lewis era, rolling boogers into a ball between the thumb and forefinger was the only sport that bunglefans could claim to be champions of...

well that, and cornholing.