Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 03-09-2007, 07:40 AM   #21
Buzz05
Team Captain

Member Number: 2482
Default Re: 1st Round Wish list!

If we do get Poz I may infact be the first person with a Poz Jersey out there. But for some reason I dont see it happening. I can see us getting Levi Brown though if he is available.Levi is a force on the O-Line and a vocal leader at that. If anyone saw the Penn State-Minnesota game last year when he got in the face of Brandon Snow they you know what I am talking about. I could see one of the DE converting though like Moses and Moss to LB but then again there would have to be a transition period for them to get acquainted with the position where as Poz would be able to step right in. Leon Hall wouldnt be a bad choice either but after watching him get beat deep against Ohio State and USC that makes me wonder if he can be a shut down corner like he is bring projected as.

If we would go offence then I would say either Levi or another stud O-lineman. WR can be pushed to round 2 or 3.
Buzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 07:49 AM   #22
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

I just saw a highlight reel of Quinton Moses....and they were explaining that the reason tht he went from 11 1/2 sacks his junior year to 4 1/2 his senior year was because of teams having to plan against him...and running away from his side....

MAN...I am all over the place trying to figure out who can help us and what we need...I KNOW I would like to see a O-lineman in the first two rounds...and with the free agents waltzing through Pittsburgh..I take it the FO is of the same mindset. But I have gone back and forth on the first pick....

...At this point I still think we go OLB...but I'll get back with you in five minutes.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:03 PM   #23
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085

The best DB or LB available.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:59 PM   #24
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
MAN...I am all over the place trying to figure out who can help us and what we need...I KNOW I would like to see a O-lineman in the first two rounds...and with the free agents waltzing through Pittsburgh..I take it the FO is of the same mindset. But I have gone back and forth on the first pick....

...At this point I still think we go OLB...but I'll get back with you in five minutes.

I'm with you LLT. LOL (In regards to trying to get a feel for the direction the new 'Regime' will take in terms of this Draft)
And for some reason i just don't think Coach Tomlin is thinking 'tweener' in regards to linebackers. (He may view Willis as his 'Derick Brooks' so to speak. IMO)
I can definetly live with this because as i've mentioned before,... im not that impressed with Moss, Moses, or Spencer anyway.
But the thing is,...i've got a strange feeling that ALL of the players whom would provide the impact we need to get back to form,....are going to be off the board when we pick at 15. (ie: Carriker, Willis, Landry, Okoye, Houston,)
And Colbert will then make a ridiculous 'reach'.
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:05 PM   #25
Viper830
Water Boy

Member Number: 5146

As much as i would love to see "All Day " fall to us ,after the wicked combine he had there is no way he gets out of the top ten, I think O-line is where we need to address in the first round due to the fact we need to start looking to replace Faneca because he doesn't appear to be happy and i think he is due to become a free agent and not too mention are they going to resign starks and are they going to keep Kendall Simmons. If we go DB I would like to see either Hall or Revis and i think there is a guy from Fresno state that supposed to be pretty solid.
Viper830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:39 PM   #26
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
Alright guys and gals, we are picking at number 16, right in the middle of the pack, so we may get a gem or we may get hosed. Anyways, what is everyone's wish list? Rank in order the top 5 feasible players you would liek to see the Steelers draft, you know how this works, if numbers 1 or 2 arent available they take number 3.

Here are mine:

1. Jake Long, OT, Michigan. This is only if we don't plan on re-signing Starks (which I hope we do, I personally like him) I know Long is a LT, but I am sure he could handle RT duties.

2. Justin Blalock, G, Texas. This guy is in the mold of Leonard Davis, who would be a lot better in Arizona if he were playing guard instead of tackle. Faneca only has maybe 3-4 years left, and Simmons just isn't getting it done. I know people will disagree with me on this, but he could be a good one.

3. Leon Hall, CB, Michigan. I have seen a few mock drafts with him falling to us, and I would take him in a heartbeat. I know everyone thinks we will be good at CB next year, and a possible 2nd or 3rd round draft pick should get us a good Colclough replacement (hell, we could get my unborn son to replace him), but I don't think you can pass up an athelete like Hall.

4. Paul Posluszny, OLB, PSU. He will be available no doubt, and having played against him in High School, I can tell you he is a LB in the Steelers mold, and I think could also play MLB. He knows what we are all about, and I bet he is itching at the oppurtunity to put on the Black and Gold. This makes Peezy expendable.

5. Darrele Revis, CB, PITT. I haven't seen if he is planning on coming out early, but once again, we NEED a good number 3 or 4 CB. DeShea is going to be gone in 2 years, and I for one am tireed of drafting project CB's.
Go Air Force! I have been going back and forth on this and i guess if there are no better LB's or DE/LB hybrids that fit Tomlins plan that Pos may be the first guy we get (at LB). We have alot of needs so let's hope we draft well. Go Tomlin!
GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 03:35 PM   #27
tomlin
Water Boy

Member Number: 5165

1ST RD. ADAM CARRIKER
/DE-NEBRASKA:

THIS GUY HAS A REAL MOTOR.HE NEVER TAKES A PLAY OFF.
SOME PEOPLE WANT JARVIS MOSS(INCONSISTENT,TAKES PLAYS OFF.)
WE NEED ANOTHER DL IF WE PLAY SOME 4-3.
2ND RD. KALIL /CENTER-USC
3RD RD.JACOBY JONES/WR-LANE COLLEGE(BIG SPEEDY WR THAT WE NEED!)
tomlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:21 PM   #28
SteelShooter
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2156

I know we have other needs, but I would still love to see us pick up a HUGE power back.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." -Ambrose Redmoon.
SteelShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:18 PM   #29
faneca05
Banned

Member Number: 5267

I know its not going to happen but wouldnt it be sweet if Calvin Johnson fell to us?!
faneca05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:03 AM   #30
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,767 Times in 1,612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomlin View Post
1ST RD. ADAM CARRIKER
/DE-NEBRASKA:

THIS GUY HAS A REAL MOTOR.HE NEVER TAKES A PLAY OFF.
SOME PEOPLE WANT JARVIS MOSS(INCONSISTENT,TAKES PLAYS OFF.)
WE NEED ANOTHER DL IF WE PLAY SOME 4-3.
2ND RD. KALIL /CENTER-USC
3RD RD.JACOBY JONES/WR-LANE COLLEGE(BIG SPEEDY WR THAT WE NEED!)
JONES IN 3???? I BET YOU PIMPED HUMES IN 3 LAST YEAR... i'm glad you ain't in the F.O.....
MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote