Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-22-2007, 02:06 PM   #11
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,298 Times in 1,409 Posts
Default Re: Illinois State WR Laurent Robinson visits Steelers

DUDE!!!!..... .....
MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 02:40 PM   #12
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Those who have read some of my posts know that Laurent Robinson played here in the city I live in...and that I think he is the real thing....

That being said...he is NOT a first round pick...most sites have him going in the late third to the early fourth round ....and he would be a STEAL if we got him with one of our fourth round picks...
keep in mind the last 16 yrs the steelers have drafted 11 receivers in day 2.lee mays was the most productive,so i think its safe to say all 11 have been busts.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:34 AM   #13
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
keep in mind the last 16 yrs the steelers have drafted 11 receivers in day 2.lee mays was the most productive,so i think its safe to say all 11 have been busts.
I understand ...but I think he will go day 1...and here is L. Robinsons official combine report:

Quote:
02/27/07 NFL COMBINE: Robinson distinguished himself in Sundays workouts by wearing what appeared to be his "lucky" redbirds shorts, making him the only reciever in red. Then he turned in a 40 time of 4.38 seconds, particularly notable for a tall (6'2) wide reciever weighing 195 pounds. Robinson did not drop a pass in his workout session and repeatedly had to field balls thrown behind him by Quarterbacks-including Ohio States Troy Smith-who were clearly surprised by the speed of the big reciever. Specific routes -R Sideline tap-tap (1)- made a solid catch stretching for a high throw, got feet down in bounds and put the ball away cleanly. Over-shoulder Adjust drill, Troy Smith passing, slightly underthrown, turned to make the catch when the ball was coming short to him. Gauntlet (5 throws each of two times across the field, catch one from right, one from left. last one keeping feet in-bounds)- Caught all passes in each direction, easy striding, stopped quickly enough on the first sideline catch to turnup the sideline rather than continue out of bounds...Left: slant-good catch reaching for a badly thrown ball. Out-pass from Isaiah Stanback behind him, made the catch without losing stride. In-pass from Zac Taylor high, Robinson stumbled in the route but recovered to make another reaching catch. Cut well and had to slow for the ball. Go- deep throw from Jared Zabransky, caught in stride, easy catch. RIGHT: Out- pass from Jeff Rowe, made catch, quickly tucked away and able to turn up the sideline rather than go out of bounds. Curl- low pass from Troy Smith, went down to make rolling catch for the low ball. Cornerpost- Stanbeck underthrew again but Robinson able to adjust to the ball behind him and make the catch. PFW-John Muller, Chicago Tribune

Last edited by lamberts-lost-tooth; 04-23-2007 at 10:19 AM.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:38 AM   #14
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

LLT you've seen the kid play,i haven't. so i'll take your word for it. he certainly does look good on paper.