Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2007, 05:54 PM   #11
silver & black
Team President
 
silver & black's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Massillon, Oh.
Posts: 2,471
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1836
Thanks: 6
Thanked 304 Times in 117 Posts
Default Re: Mel Kiper's Big Board Is Knocked Over!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boLT fan View Post
I'd want Calvin Johnson then get Trent Edwards or Drew Stanton in the second round or even Brohm next year if you guys are in the running. Is Russel as much as a lock as ESPN is saying, or is it still completely up in the air?
Damn! We agree on something!

I'm not sold on Russell or Quinn at all.

Russell may very well end up in Oakland, but he isn't close to the lock that ESPN is making him out to be.

I was hoping Brohm would declare this year... he's the one I want.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:58 PM   #12
silver & black
Team President
 
silver & black's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Massillon, Oh.
Posts: 2,471
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1836
Thanks: 6
Thanked 304 Times in 117 Posts
Default Re: Mel Kiper's Big Board Is Knocked Over!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
one problem with that is they won't get a shot at any of the better OLmen which is a huge need for them.
Thats true, it is a huge need, but I just don't see the Raiders taking an O lineman early, after the Gallery debacle. But then again, we are seriuosly considering taking a QB with the #1 pick after the Marinovich fiasco... you never know.

I'm with boLTfan... I seriously suck at draft perdictions.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:23 PM   #13
boLT fan
Team Captain
 
boLT fan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Erie, Pa
Posts: 919
Gender: Male
Member Number: 901
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Mel Kiper's Big Board Is Knocked Over!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
Damn! We agree on something!

I'm not sold on Russell or Quinn at all.

Russell may very well end up in Oakland, but he isn't close to the lock that ESPN is making him out to be.

I was hoping Brohm would declare this year... he's the one I want.


With all this said, I hope you guys take Gaines Adams or something.
boLT fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:36 PM   #14
Preacher
Living Legend
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,890
Member Number: 16327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Mel Kiper's Big Board Is Knocked Over!!

HOnestly...

I think the Raiders are going to have take a long view of life... get rid of some players... eat some cap for a little while... then go out and rebuild in draft and FA... on a schedule... with a focus to what they want in the future.

Al Davis has picked up too many "So CLoses" that it has finally came back to haunt them. They don't have team chemistry.. nor are they able to come together so that the whole is great then the sum of its parts. That is what made the Steelers of the last few years, the Colts.. the Ravens... etc. even better... they were better as a whole than individual talent would allow... oh yeah.. and the Pats.



And what is a "So Close?" Well... have you ever seen a woman that you have to look at for a couple of seconds... the first half a second she may seem really beautiful... then when you look at her, she actually is really ugly? If nature was just a little nicer and put the nose just a little smaller... or the eyes together just a little more...etc. but that didn't happen, and she is just ugly? (Sorry women.. I have no other way to explain it... )


Well that is a "So Close". as in.. Man, she was SO CLOSE to being beautiful... man did nature give her a bum steer in the end!!

The same is true for Oaklands last free agents.. Heck.. go all the way back to what was his name.. Brown from Dallas after the SB 35.. the guy had two balls THROWN TO HIM by our beloved (hack cough) QB. So what does Davs do? He goes out and pays him a big contract to come and do pretty much NOTHING.

By the way... I am a NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!! LOLOLOL
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:36 PM   #15
silver & black
Team President
 
silver & black's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Massillon, Oh.
Posts: 2,471
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1836
Thanks: 6
Thanked 304 Times in 117 Posts
Default Re: Mel Kiper's Big Board Is Knocked Over!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boLT fan View Post


With all this said, I hope you guys take Gaines Adams or something.
I bet you do!
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:44 PM   #16
silver & black
Team President
 
silver & black's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Massillon, Oh.
Posts: 2,471
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1836
Thanks: 6
Thanked 304 Times in 117 Posts
Default Re: Mel Kiper's Big Board Is Knocked Over!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
HOnestly...

I think the Raiders are going to have take a long view of life... get rid of some players... eat some cap for a little while... then go out and rebuild in draft and FA... on a schedule... with a focus to what they want in the future.

Al Davis has picked up too many "So CLoses" that it has finally came back to haunt them. They don't have team chemistry.. nor are they able to come together so that the whole is great then the sum of its parts. That is what made the Steelers of the last few years, the Colts.. the Ravens... etc. even better... they were better as a whole than individual talent would allow... oh yeah.. and the Pats.



And what is a "So Close?" Well... have you ever seen a woman that you have to look at for a couple of seconds... the first half a second she may seem really beautiful... then when you look at her, she actually is really ugly? If nature was just a little nicer and put the nose just a little smaller... or the eyes together just a little more...etc. but that didn't happen, and she is just ugly? (Sorry women.. I have no other way to explain it... )


Well that is a "So Close". as in.. Man, she was SO CLOSE to being beautiful... man did nature give her a bum steer in the end!!

The same is true for Oaklands last free agents.. Heck.. go all the way back to what was his name.. Brown from Dallas after the SB 35.. the guy had two balls THROWN TO HIM by our beloved (hack cough) QB. So what does Davs do? He goes out and pays him a big contract to come and do pretty much NOTHING.

By the way... I am a NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!! LOLOLOL
I happen to agree with you. There is no one in this draft that is going to make us instant winners.

The "so close " analogy is right on. This didn't happen over night, and it isn't going to get fixed over night.

I will be very happy with 6 wins this year. It will show we are headed in the right direction.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:49 PM   #17
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,559
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 233
Thanked 1,170 Times in 432 Posts
Default Re: Mel Kiper's Big Board Is Knocked Over!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
I'm not sold on Russell or Quinn at all.
Am I the only one that feels Quinn has "Rick Mirer" written all over him?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:52 PM   #18
silver & black
Team President
 
silver & black's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Massillon, Oh.
Posts: 2,471
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1836
Thanks: 6
Thanked 304 Times in 117 Posts
Default Re: Mel Kiper's Big Board Is Knocked Over!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Am I the only one that feels Quinn has "Rick Mirer" written all over him?
Nope!
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:04 PM   #19
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,267
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 917
Thanked 3,945 Times in 1,671 Posts
Default Re: Mel Kiper's Big Board Is Knocked Over!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
I happen to agree with you. There is no one in this draft that is going to make us instant winners.

The "so close " analogy is right on. This didn't happen over night, and it isn't going to get fixed over night.

I will be very happy with 6 wins this year. It will show we are headed in the right direction.
no there isn't any " one " player that will help. thats why the smart thing to do is trade down.
MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:19 PM   #20
silver & black
Team President
 
silver & black's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Massillon, Oh.
Posts: 2,471
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1836
Thanks: 6
Thanked 304 Times in 117 Posts
Default Re: Mel Kiper's Big Board Is Knocked Over!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
no there isn't any " one " player that will help. thats why the smart thing to do is trade down.
I agree. Thats what I would hope we do, but I doubt we will. I can't wait for this to be over with. I hope the Raiders NEVER have to go through this #1 pick crap ever again!
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts