Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-22-2007, 09:47 PM   #1
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Default Who Should The Raiders Choose?

The question is simple isnt it?
I dont know exactly what everyone else thinks about this, but If I had the number one pick I would chose and I were the Raiders and all their needs.. I would try to trade down 2 or 3 spots and then take the big RB Adrian Peterson.. then use the other picks you pick up and get an O Lineman to help block for him. You start a championship team in my opinion with a strong running game and a stingy defense.. Lets hear some opinions everyone and lets have some fun before this weekends draft...
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:08 AM   #2
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Who Should The Raiders Chose?

Raiders already paid good money for LaMont Jordan a couple of years back and then signed Dominic Rhodes this offseason - so I would say they have invested enough at RB.

If I was the Raiders I would trade places with Tampa (who would pick Calvin Johnson) - then with the 4th pick in the draft I would select whoever was remaining out of JaMarcus Russell or Brady Quinn - ideally it would be Brady Quinn.

With the trade would come Tampa's early 2nd rounder and their 2008 1st rounder.

With the extra 2nd rounder you take the best offensive lineman available.

I think a guy like Russell needs a better offensive line (he sounds like a black Drew Bledsoe with extra mobility) - a quicker release guy like Quinn would work better.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:54 AM   #3
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Raiders already paid good money for LaMont Jordan a couple of years back and then signed Dominic Rhodes this offseason - so I would say they have invested enough at RB.

If I was the Raiders I would trade places with Tampa (who would pick Calvin Johnson) - then with the 4th pick in the draft I would select whoever was remaining out of JaMarcus Russell or Brady Quinn - ideally it would be Brady Quinn.

With the trade would come Tampa's early 2nd rounder and their 2008 1st rounder.

With the extra 2nd rounder you take the best offensive lineman available.

I think a guy like Russell needs a better offensive line (he sounds like a black Drew Bledsoe with extra mobility) - a quicker release guy like Quinn would work better.
I would agree..trade down...get your QB..or if both Quinn & Russell are gone..grab OT Thomas in the first and wait until the second round to grab Drew Stanton and the best Guard left on the board
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:00 AM   #4
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

i think they need the top 6 picks to get there team to be good... but i do think that since tampa does want calvin oakland could use that and trade down like livinginthe past said... hopefull they don't mess it up like the texans did last yr.

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:35 AM   #5
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
I would agree..trade down...get your QB..or if both Quinn & Russell are gone..grab OT Thomas in the first and wait until the second round to grab Drew Stanton and the best Guard left on the board
i like the idea of going for Thomas but instead of Drew Stanton i would go for Trent Edwards.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:43 PM   #6
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Oh. yeah.. I forgot about the Raiders getting Dominic Rhodes.. I just dont really think that he is the answer that Peterson would be. But I guess since they put that kind of money out there for him then he is the guy or the 2nd guy behind Jordan. Of course it doesnt matter who is running the ball in Oakland, they cant block anyone....
I think if I was gonna draft either of the mentioned QB's at No.1
it would have to be Brady Quinn.. Russell just hasnt done good things long enough in my opinion to take number 1 over all .. No Way! Oakland would be smart to listen to offers from the Bucs and co. and get extra picks , because this seems to be a weak draft anyway at QB's. Just my opinion though...
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:10 PM   #7
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Well,it looks like the Dolphins might be releasing Cullpepper.That would leave them Brady Quinn at thier pick,likley trading up to sixth pick to take him because if Russell is available,he'll be a Cleveland Brown.

I saw it on Sportscenter today,that if the 'Phins release CPepp,it's very likley the Raiders will sign him,leaving them to draft Calvin Johnson with the first overall pick and then Stanton or Edwards in the second round.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:19 PM   #8
verks36
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 5088

Here is what they should do.

Sighn cullpeper and draft calvin and realase moss

xbox live gamertag= NtL doubledooky
I dedicate the 36 at the end of my name to thee Jerome bettis

"Working hard beats talent that doesn't work hard."- Kevin Durrant

IF YOU ARE NOT A STEELERS FAN CLICK HERE
---------------------------------------------------->>>>http://vpoet.net/flash/youare.swf

--------------DA Offical Steelers Soulja Boy Dance----------------------
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-F-9s3vWOXk
verks36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:19 PM   #9
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post
The question is simple isnt it?
I dont know exactly what everyone else thinks about this, but If I had the number one pick I would chose and I were the Raiders and all their needs.. I would try to trade down 2 or 3 spots and then take the big RB Adrian Peterson.. then use the other picks you pick up and get an O Lineman to help block for him. You start a championship team in my opinion with a strong running game and a stingy defense.. Lets hear some opinions everyone and lets have some fun before this weekends draft...
I would like to see us trade down. I don't want either Russell or Quinn. I don't think either is a legit #1, or worth the money that goes with it.

I'm torn between Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson. CJ is the safe pick and the best player in the draft. AP is a playmaking RB that can help any QB. Lamont Jordan is not a starting quality back, and neither is Rhodes. They may do well as a tandem, but I don't think either of them can carry a team.

We need another QB. Andrew Walter is a ??? at this time. I'm not writing him off, but his confidence may have taken a huge hit after last season. I think he deserves another shot with a better O line, coaching and scheme, but we desperately need some quality depth at the position. If we trade down, we could still get Edwards or Stanton. I think both of these guys could be solid QB's in the NFL, at a lot less money than Quinn or Russell.

I can't wait for this to be over. If we ever have the #1 pick again, I might have to shoot myself!
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:19 PM   #10
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

if culpepper does sign with the raiders then him and moss will be reunited and maybe return to there form when they were in minn.

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote