Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-21-2007, 08:48 PM   #11
Dynasty
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2396
Default Re: Potential 1st Rnd Draft Day Trades

Well the Falcons have moved up 2 spots in the first due to the Matt Schaub Trade.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:13 PM   #12
SteelShooter
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2156

......................I just can't wait to see how this plays out.

Man, this is the part of the season I hate the most. All of the mystery, the rumors..................the possibilities.

Gut-wrenching!

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." -Ambrose Redmoon.
SteelShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:34 PM   #13
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Deductive reasoning would say to me that they are trying to position themselves to pick Calvin Johnson by moving ahead of the Bucs.
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:35 PM   #14
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

The Falcons just traded their best QB away for draft picks.

In the words of the Soup Nazi: "No Super Bowl for you! 8 years!" (The remainder of Vick's incredibly stupid contract)
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:41 PM   #15
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts

the more i look at the players, mock drafts have us taking, the more i think we need to move down rather than reach to fill a need. (i think perceived cb needs can be filled in a later round). here are our best (and most potential) trading partners:

saints and jets- the #15 has alot of value cause it could probably be for the top cb in this years draft, a player who may have top 10 rankings on alot of teams boards. any team looking for secondary help will like #15 whether they want a cb or a safety. both the jets and saints have shown interrest in high priced patriot cb's who come with tags. rather than pay a ransom (high draft picks) and take on a potential salary disaster, both these teams are better served just to give up those picks and take the best cb on the board with a much lower salary.

san diego- san diego could want to move up for either a safety or a wr and with #15 they could easilly land the 2nd rated one on most teams boards.

giants- while there is last years connection, i think many of the players they target could easilly fall to them whether it be a wr or lb. while i thought they would be a likely dancing partner i now think it would be a longshot and foolish for them to trade with us.

patriots- i dont even think this is a possibility but the trove of football rumor, PFT, seems to think the steelers are gonna swap 15 for 24 just to help them out. patriots dont have a 2nd. the only way this trade could possibly happen is if the steelers swapped their 1st and 2nd for both of the patriots 1sts.

other than these 5 i would think any steelers downward trade would be out of the blue. at this point i think the jets and saints really need to be on the phone w/ colbert before they do something stupid like the seahawks did last year.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:03 PM   #16
tony hipchest

lets dance with dallas. #15 for #22 and their 2nd:

jerry jones-
Quote:
feel like that we could line up and play with the players that we have before the draft. ... We do not have to have a player at a position," said Jones, who is preparing for his 19th NFL draft. "That gives me a lot of flexibility in any decision that I may make as we get into the draft."

So does having 10 picks, though there is one small problem: The Cowboys, who haven't won a playoff game in 10 seasons, have the 22nd spot Saturday.

"Bill didn't do us any favors," Jones said, smiling. "He left us with a low draft pick."

Without a specifically pressing need and with a few extra picks, Jones may try to move up to get an impact player, preferably on the offensive side of the ball.

"I'm looking at the possibility of, and probably more seriously consider it than I ever have, doing some bundling up (of picks) and trading up," Jones said. "We do have our bases covered, so if there were a player we could reach -- big if, big if -- that could come in and make the obvious impact, then that should be a consideration."
kevin colbert-
Quote:
There are indications the Steelers will use their top pick (No. 15 overall) on a defensive player, and they are interested in trading down in the first round for extra picks since the draft, as Colbert said, is pretty deep.

"We feel good about where we are at 15, but this isn't a bad year to be a little bit lower, too," Colbert said. "We wish we had more than nine picks, quite honestly, because we could really help ourselves.

"This is probably a good draft where more picks midway through (it) is probably a good thing because there are a lot of good players that are going to be available in those three-, four-round areas, so that could be interesting to us."
the 2 gm's are speaking the same language here. i like this idea cause we still have the option of trading #22 to the jets, saints or patriots for their 1st and an aditional 3rd or 4th. not bad for #15.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:15 PM   #17
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Tony..you may have struck oil there in Texas.....Cowboy Guard Marco Rivera is coming off his second herniated disk surgery...and is said that he will never have the power and the quickness that he once had....What are the odds that we can get #22 for Faneca and a couple of other picks?
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:28 PM   #18
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Tony..you may have struck oil there in Texas.....Cowboy Guard Marco Rivera is coming off his second herniated disk surgery...and is said that he will never have the power and the quickness that he once had....What are the odds that we can get #22 for Faneca and a couple of other picks?
wow. i was just thinking about picks, but that would be just fine. we could still deal our #15 to a team that desperately wants to take the 1st cb off the board. possibly take staley at #22. dallas wouldnt incur any cap hit cause i think faneca is cheaper than rivera whom they could cut.

-brilliant!
Old 04-25-2007, 12:44 PM   #19
tony hipchest

about a month ago i valued faneca as equal to matt schaub. if both were thrown into this years draft class they would go right in the middle of the 1st round #15. kirwan supported this on his radio show 2 days ago valuing faneca as 2 2nd rounders (the 2 2nd rounders schaub brought the falcons = pick 15 on the draft value chart)

dallas would have to give up about the same to either acquire faneca or our #15 pick.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:47 PM   #20
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
about a month ago i valued faneca as equal to matt schaub. if both were thrown into this years draft class they would go right in the middle of the 1st round #15. kirwan supported this on his radio show 2 days ago valuing faneca as 2 2nd rounders (the 2 2nd rounders schaub brought the falcons = pick 15 on the draft value chart)

dallas would have to give up about the same to either acquire faneca or our #15 pick.
So...maybe #22..and a third?
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote