Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 04-25-2007, 01:03 PM   #21
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,416 Times in 3,547 Posts
Default Re: Potential 1st Rnd Draft Day Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
So...maybe #22..and a third?
i personally valued faneca at #15 which is 1050 pts on the value chart. dallas 1st and 2nd equal 1140 if my math serves me right. we should hold out for that. however, dallas 1st, 3rd, and 4th actually bring that number closer to 1050. it depends on what colbert values faneca at.

you have fanecas resignablity playing against his 6 consecutive pro bowls. theres no way the draft pick value chart can take them things into consideration.

dallas' 1st and their 3rd would be a very happy medium, and the way jerry jones is itching to make a sb run and itching to wheel and deal, may be an offer too god for him to pass up, even if its for 1 year.

to have arizona and dallas bidding against eachother for fanecas services would be a dream scenario.

im getting pumped!
Old 04-25-2007, 01:11 PM   #22
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i personally valued faneca at #15 which is 1050 pts on the value chart. dallas 1st and 2nd equal 1140 if my math serves me right. we should hold out for that. however, dallas 1st, 3rd, and 4th actually bring that number closer to 1050. it depends on what colbert values faneca at.

you have fanecas resignablity playing against his 6 consecutive pro bowls. theres no way the draft pick value chart can take them things into consideration.

dallas' 1st and their 3rd would be a very happy medium, and the way jerry jones is itching to make a sb run and itching to wheel and deal, may be an offer too god for him to pass up, even if its for 1 year.

to have arizona and dallas bidding against eachother for fanecas services would be a dream scenario.

im getting pumped!
..and dont forget Atlanta!!!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:24 PM   #23
tony hipchest

Quote:
..and dont forget Atlanta!!!!
great point. they have 2 2nd rounders and could essentially turn matt schaub into alan faneca. great value on their part.

how bad do you think seattle wishes they could get in on this? getting swindled out of hutchinson and overpaying for branch and burleson makes them look "stupider and stupider" by the day.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:45 PM   #24
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
great point. they have 2 2nd rounders and could essentially turn matt schaub into alan faneca. great value on their part.

how bad do you think seattle wishes they could get in on this? getting swindled out of hutchinson and overpaying for branch and burleson makes them look "stupider and stupider" by the day.
Well..its really not Holmgrens fault you know....I'm sure he has filed a complaint with the commisioner on how he was cheated out of draft picks
Old 04-25-2007, 01:52 PM   #25
tony hipchest

Quote:
Well..its really not Holmgrens fault you know....I'm sure he has filed a complaint with the commisioner on how he was cheated out of draft picks
"poisnon pill... *cough,cough,choke,choke* hard to swallow...*gag* d. branch is a top 5 wr...*puke* nate burleson = randy moss....hometown hero... *croak*".
Old 04-25-2007, 02:08 PM   #26
tony hipchest

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6737832

Quote:
It's the season of the trade rumor. And with the draft this weekend, separating fact from fiction is tough to do.

Here's a few deals we would make.

Alan Faneca to the Cardinals
Schein's Spot

Faneca, who I believe will be looked at as a potential Hall of Famer player when he retires, is a free agent at the end of the 2007 campaign. He currently isn't working out with his teammates in Pittsburgh. Faneca not only wants more money, he is still a bit raw that the club hired Mike Tomlin as opposed to his old position coach Russ Grimm or old offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt.

Well, Whisenhunt is now coaching the Cardinals and brought Grimm along with him to turn around the Arizona offensive line.

And with guards now making tackle money the last few years in free agency (Steve Hutchinson, Derrick Dockery, Eric Steinbach, Kris Dielman), Faneca is going to get paid handsomely next year. And it's not the Steelers way to pay him.

It's a new era for Steelers football with Tomlin. And it's obvious that Faneca isn't thrilled to be a part. And with his contract up, combined with the market for guards, the chances are slim to none that Faneca plays for the 2008 Steelers.

I'd trade Faneca to the Cardinals for a second rounder this year and next year. With that high second-round pick, I'd take Ryan Kalil.

And from an Arizona perspective, it's time to win. You didn't hire Whisenhunt to rebuild. The talent is there. The deal would vastly improve the offensive line. And in talking to scouts, they believe Faneca has 4-5 years left playing at the clip he's at right now.

The Cardinals would be guaranteed to get either Gaines Adams or Joe Thomas in round 1, with an all-pro guard being their second-round pick.
llt, theres also a quentin moses spot in this link:

Quentin Moses knows his stock dropped during a disappointing season. That doesn't matter. He just wants to get into the NFL and show what he can do.
Blog: Schein tackles the NFL
E-mail: adamjschein@hotmail.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Poll
Old 04-25-2007, 02:49 PM   #27
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6737832

llt, theres also a quentin moses spot in this link:

Quentin Moses knows his stock dropped during a disappointing season. That doesn't matter. He just wants to get into the NFL and show what he can do.
I GOT YOUR BACK QUENTIN!!!!!!!!!!