Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-25-2007, 06:35 PM   #11
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Default Re: Who Should The Raiders Chose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
I would like to see us trade down. I don't want either Russell or Quinn. I don't think either is a legit #1, or worth the money that goes with it.

I'm torn between Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson. CJ is the safe pick and the best player in the draft. AP is a playmaking RB that can help any QB. Lamont Jordan is not a starting quality back, and neither is Rhodes. They may do well as a tandem, but I don't think either of them can carry a team.

We need another QB. Andrew Walter is a ??? at this time. I'm not writing him off, but his confidence may have taken a huge hit after last season. I think he deserves another shot with a better O line, coaching and scheme, but we desperately need some quality depth at the position. If we trade down, we could still get Edwards or Stanton. I think both of these guys could be solid QB's in the NFL, at a lot less money than Quinn or Russell.

I can't wait for this to be over. If we ever have the #1 pick again, I might have to shoot myself!
Nice ideas for your Raiders.. I think that the Raiders would be alot better off trading down myself and maybe getting A Peterson at RB.. but you have to work on your O Line the rest of the draft and get a young QB in the 2nd, there is no ? that the Raiders need some talent at QB to me. I have a good friend that is a Die Hard Raiders fan...bless his heart.. But I think that your way of thinking would be good about your team (Raiders) Good Luck Bud..
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:21 PM   #12
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836
Default Re: Who Should The Raiders Chose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post
Nice ideas for your Raiders.. I think that the Raiders would be alot better off trading down myself and maybe getting A Peterson at RB.. but you have to work on your O Line the rest of the draft and get a young QB in the 2nd, there is no ? that the Raiders need some talent at QB to me. I have a good friend that is a Die Hard Raiders fan...bless his heart.. But I think that your way of thinking would be good about your team (Raiders) Good Luck Bud..
Thanks for the reply. What does your Raider fan friend have to say about the draft?

The overwhelming majority of Raider fans seem to want Russell. I think having the #1 pick (first time in the history of the franchise) clouds better judgement. Trading down is just the smart thing to do. We could still get a decent QB in the second without paying a fortune for one of the top 2 that, in my opinion, aren't much better.

As you said, we could use the extra picks to bolster the O line. I just can't see any advantage to paying all that money to one of the top picks when we are not a #1 pick away from contending. We should use this draft wisely and build a solid foundation on which to get back to top form. Hopefully, we will. I guess we'll all find out on Saturday.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:39 PM   #13
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,422 Posts
Default Re: Who Should The Raiders Choose?

the raiders should pick calvin johnson , and imediatly put up a sign that says "receivers for sale" , including moss.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:18 PM   #14
SteelersTilIDie
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4943

If the Radiers were smart, they would try to get out of this pick by trading. Another smart thing to do would be to take Calvin Johnson and trade him for something very valuable. If all fails, the Raiders will probably just accept the fact that they have to draft JaMarcus Russell and just take him.

“Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it.”~Chuck Noll
SteelersTilIDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:11 PM   #15
silver & black
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersTilIDie View Post
If the Radiers were smart, they would try to get out of this pick by trading. Another smart thing to do would be to take Calvin Johnson and trade him for something very valuable. If all fails, the Raiders will probably just accept the fact that they have to draft JaMarcus Russell and just take him.
Why do the Raiders have to draft Russell?
Old 04-26-2007, 02:07 AM   #16
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Mel Kipers big board says so

As a Raiders fan, do you see any gaping holes in the Culpepper to Oakland theory?

Personally I cannot imagine a worse fit - Miami's O-line was poor last year, and if Oakland improve this year (they can't get worse) they will be up to a similar level - C-Pep would give us a new record for fumbles in a season - if he lasted the whole year.

Raiders need a QB quick on his feet, who can sense pressure - not a big arm - big arms need time to throw.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:39 AM   #17
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Quote:
You Dont...
The Raiders are not just one pick away from being contenders and you know that , that is good. My friend kind of has mixed feelings about Russell. He likes the idea of trading down but not any lower than like 3 or 4. If they could go down to 3 they might still get Calvin Johnson and that is really what they need, him or Peterson would be a good fit for them. I personally like a power running game and a great defense to win my games. The Raiders have a pretty good defense already, so why not work on the running game, of course that means you have to work on your O LIne and maybe it is time for Gallery to step up and play or just move on.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:52 AM   #18
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

Culpepper to the Raiders, now thats funny. I was thinking if they draft Russell, they will be lucky if he turns out to be half as good as Culpepper WAS. Culpepper is finished. I refer to Russell as Jamarcus "Culpepper" when razzing my friend who is a huge Raiders fan.

Not many teams I despise as much as the Raiders. As long as Al "zheimer" Davis is calling the shots, there will be no joy in Raiderland. I could almost feel sorry for the raider nation except for they fact they beat us last year. Still scratchin my head over that one.
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:48 PM   #19
silver & black
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Mel Kipers big board says so

As a Raiders fan, do you see any gaping holes in the Culpepper to Oakland theory?

Personally I cannot imagine a worse fit - Miami's O-line was poor last year, and if Oakland improve this year (they can't get worse) they will be up to a similar level - C-Pep would give us a new record for fumbles in a season - if he lasted the whole year.

Raiders need a QB quick on his feet, who can sense pressure - not a big arm - big arms need time to throw.
I think its all rumor. He would be a terrible fit in Oakland. All the reunion talk about him and Moss is just wishfull thinking... Moss is DONE in Oakland, weather he is still there at the start of the season or not. Besides, I really don't think Moss will ever ragain his old form... he is too affraid of getting hit to catch anything. I seriously doubt that C-pep will ever be the same either.

I kind of think Josh McCown will end up a Raider in the next few days.

Last edited by silver & black; 04-26-2007 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:53 PM   #20
silver & black
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post
You Dont...
The Raiders are not just one pick away from being contenders and you know that , that is good. My friend kind of has mixed feelings about Russell. He likes the idea of trading down but not any lower than like 3 or 4. If they could go down to 3 they might still get Calvin Johnson and that is really what they need, him or Peterson would be a good fit for them. I personally like a power running game and a great defense to win my games. The Raiders have a pretty good defense already, so why not work on the running game, of course that means you have to work on your O LIne and maybe it is time for Gallery to step up and play or just move on.
I agree whole heartedly with you. What you put out there, is what I personally would like to see happen.

If Gallery doesn't step up this year, he needs to be gone next year. He is going to play on the right this year... we will see.