Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-26-2007, 03:06 PM   #11
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,427 Times in 2,373 Posts
Default Re: Congress Must Cut Off Bush Family War Profits Part 1

It could be worse.. Al Gore could be the pres. Just something to think about.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:20 PM   #12
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrabt View Post
It could be worse.. Al Gore could be the pres. Just something to think about.
I don't think it can get any worse than it already is. GEORGE W. BUSH: LIKE A ROCK (only dumber)
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:23 PM   #13
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Everyone knows where my sympathies lie; there's no love lost between me and the current administration.

But not in my wildest imagination would I ever think that the Bush family is in this for profit. I believe that all the Bushes would give every last dime they have, if it meant that we would win the war in Iraq and the war against terror.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:02 PM   #14
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
I would , with respect to the other side of this issue, give my view of the truth of our current situation. The truth is that we have only lost 3,000 lives...yet have crippled a terrorist organization that at one time was strong enough to kill Americans on American soil. The truth is that we are involved in a war where we are the occupying force...which is ALWAYS cheaper than being the army fighting an occupied force....and MUCH cheaper than the price we would pay to stand back and let terrorists have free reign.
The truth is that I would rather see a bud of freedom spring from the ashes of war...then to see weeds of terrorism invade the garden of democracy....and that is our ONLY choices.
I appreciate Stlrs4Life for presenting the other side of this situation...and for those who dont know him...DO NOT DOUBT FOR A SECOND HIS LOYALTY TO THIS COUNTRY....he is a VETERAN and has put his money where his mouth is!!!! ....and his take on what is happening is always well thought out and respectful.
Regardless of which side we take on this issue...everyone should do a little homework ,.....compare the cost of lives to that of past wars...compare the cost (with inflation figured in) to that of past wars. Make a decision based on being well-informed. Unfortunatley..there are people in this country (like the writer of the article) who would rather see us lose this war...then to see George Bush succeed at anything...and they let ideology get in the way of rational thought.

Very good post. But the only thing that gets me, is no matter when we leave Iraq, Sept 08. Sept 18, it doesn't matter, we will never totally stop terrorism. It has been there for centuries, those people do not care, when they die they feel like they are doing good when they die. They think they are martyrs when they die. 9/11 could have happened no matter who was in office. Terrorism will always be there. We stay in Iraq, terrorists train in Iran, we invade Iran, they train somewhere else, it's a never ending vicious cycle.

llt, I can see tyour point about losing the 3000 soldiers, but I don't believe it matters how we lose them, we still lost them.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:09 PM   #15
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,247 Times in 1,806 Posts

[QUOTE=Stlrs4Life;241376]Very good post. But the only thing that gets me, is no matter when we leave Iraq, Sept 08. Sept 18, it doesn't matter, we will never totally stop terrorism. It has been there for centuries, those people do not care, when they die they feel like they are doing good when they die. They think they are martyrs when they die. 9/11 could have happened no matter who was in office. Terrorism will always be there. We stay in Iraq, terrorists train in Iran, we invade Iran, they train somewhere else, it's a never ending vicious cycle.

llt, I can see tyour point about losing the 3000 soldiers, but I don't believe it matters how we lose them, we still lost them.[/QUOTE]

and since there's no exit strategy or end in sight , who knows what the final cost (both financial and human life ) or results will be.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:21 PM   #16
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCod Steel Head View Post
Only 3325! And for what? Osama wasn't based in Iraq nor was he supported by Sadam. Please don't drink the Kool Aid that this current admin. is feeding you. Where are the WMD's? A bud of democracy that will die in a civil war that we helped to create.
If you know where Osama is ...or isnt..please pass that information on to Homeland security..the knowledge would be appreciated. As we have posted before...(and is easily veriafiable)...there WERE known connections between Sadaams regime and Bin Laden....of course Sadaams regime has stated that they were not about terrorism, and hey who are we to not believe them...right?
..as for WMD's...how did Hillary...Durbin...Pelosi..and the rest of the Dems vote when presented with the same information that was presented to the president?...Please dont ignore the inconvienent truths.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:56 AM   #17
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
If you know where Osama is ...or isnt..please pass that information on to Homeland security..the knowledge would be appreciated. As we have posted before...(and is easily veriafiable)...there WERE known connections between Sadaams regime and Bin Laden....of course Sadaams regime has stated that they were not about terrorism, and hey who are we to not believe them...right?
..as for WMD's...how did Hillary...Durbin...Pelosi..and the rest of the Dems vote when presented with the same information that was presented to the president?...Please dont ignore the inconvienent truths.
No, unfortuanetly I don't know where Osama is. But if you give me 421 BILLION dollars which is what this inane war has cost thus far ,not to mention hundreds of thousands of lives, I'm pretty sure I could find him. You say you've found connections between Sadaam and Al-Qaeda? I find that hard to believe considering the C.I.A. couldn't ,and neither did The Senate Committee on Intelligence. Keep on drinking the Kool Aid, and I hope you don't lose any loved ones in this senseless war.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:25 AM   #18
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

I think there is a misconception among many people, that those who oppose the war are against winning it.

Speaking for myself, if I thought continuing what we're doing now would win it, I would be behind that 100%. But all I see continuing the present course doing is making it worse; the current course is LOSING.

The situation can't be won militarily. It needs to be won politically, economically, and socially. (Huh. Harry Reid said that. Funny how the "winning" part wasn't picked up on though.)

We're using the wrong tool, and it's disrespectful to the ones who are trying to do it to ask them to keep trying. We're trying to drive screws with a hammer.

But again; that being said, there is no doubt in my mind about the SINCERITY OF BELIEF of Bush and his associates. In fact, I accept their totality of belief as proof of their madness.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:22 AM   #19
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
My Mood: Bored
Thumbs up Re: Congress Must Cut Off Bush Family War Profits Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
I think there is a misconception among many people, that those who oppose the war are against winning it.

Speaking for myself, if I thought continuing what we're doing now would win it, I would be behind that 100%. But all I see continuing the present course doing is making it worse; the current course is LOSING.

The situation can't be won militarily. It needs to be won politically, economically, and socially. (Huh. Harry Reid said that. Funny how the "winning" part wasn't picked up on though.)

We're using the wrong tool, and it's disrespectful to the ones who are trying to do it to ask them to keep trying. We're trying to drive screws with a hammer.

But again; that being said, there is no doubt in my mind about the SINCERITY OF BELIEF of Bush and his associates. In fact, I accept their totality of belief as proof of their madness.

Tom

Excellent Post!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 04:40 AM   #20
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
Very good post. But the only thing that gets me, is no matter when we leave Iraq, Sept 08. Sept 18, it doesn't matter, we will never totally stop terrorism. It has been there for centuries, those people do not care, when they die they feel like they are doing good when they die. They think they are martyrs when they die. 9/11 could have happened no matter who was in office. Terrorism will always be there. We stay in Iraq, terrorists train in Iran, we invade Iran, they train somewhere else, it's a never ending vicious cycle.

llt, I can see tyour point about losing the 3000 soldiers, but I don't believe it matters how we lose them, we still lost them.
May I correct you in one place here... Terrorism has NOT been there for centuries.

the terrorism seen on 9-11 is a step up from the terrorism seen in the 1980's. That brand of terrorism started in the early '80's as the hard core religious mullahs took control of Iran and preceeded to destablize the mideast even more.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote